cure-real

Thread: Bible verses for why some people are athiests?

Bible verses for why some people are athiests?

There is a verse I read not too long ago but I can't remember where it is at. If I read it correctly it was saying people say there is no God because of their love for sin. Basically they push away the obvious fact that there is a creator because they don't want to give up their sin. I need help thinking of that verse. And also if you know any other verses feel free to share those. What do you guys think about people that say there is no God. Do you think they hate the idea of having to answer to someone above them so they push that thought out of their mind?

Re: Bible verses for why some people are athiests?

Start with Romans chapter 1.

Yes.

Rom 1:18 ...men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 ......... that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:21 .....when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Psa 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

Thanks -SEEKING-
    Romans 1:19-21
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

So is this saying that everyone has once believed but some have chosen not to glorify God so their eyes have been blinded to the truth basically?

One big reason people become atheists is in John 3:19-20 below:

"19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved."
    [Whacks me on head with hat when I misbehave]

"What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

You know, just because someone believes differently doesn't mean that they are "evil".
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by TRAVlS View Post
    Thanks -SEEKING-
    So is this saying that everyone has once believed but some have chosen not to glorify God so their eyes have been blinded to the truth basically?
    I don't see it as saying everyone has believed at one point. I see it as saying God has revealed himself to everyone in some form or another so that no one has an excuse when they DON'T believe. Also, it is apparent to me that when a person chooses to turn away from this innate sense of God and refuses to acknowledge it, his heart is darkened so that he is unable to believe.

Blog Entries

Here's another verse:

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
    And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
    (2 Thessalonians 3:1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    You know, just because someone believes differently doesn't mean that they are "evil".
    I would beg to differ. Men are evil regardless of what they believe. Even Christians have evil present with them.

Romans 7:21
    I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.

All men relying upon themselves are relying upon what is evil.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

There is a verse I read not too long ago but I can't remember where it is at. If I read it correctly it was saying people say there is no God because of their love for sin. Basically they push away the obvious fact that there is a creator because they don't want to give up their sin. I need help thinking of that verse. And also if you know any other verses feel free to share those. What do you guys think about people that say there is no God. Do you think they hate the idea of having to answer to someone above them so they push that thought out of their mind?
    "A fool saith in his heart there is not God." Athiests are athiests because they are fools. Or maybe they are fools because they are athiests. Either way, they are fools.

Jn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Jn 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

It has nothing to do with IQ, it has to do with the attitude of the heart,

Shalom

Thread Information