cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam and Steve... the lovely couple!

Blog Entries

Adam and Steve... the lovely couple!

WASHINGTON -- In a major policy reversal, the Obama administration said Wednesday that it will no longer defend the constitutionality of a federal law banning recognition of same-sex marriage.

Attorney General Eric Holder said President Obama has concluded that the administration cannot defend the federal law that defines marriage as only between a man and a woman. He noted that the congressional debate during passage of the Defense of Marriage Act "contains numerous expressions reflecting moral disapproval of gays and lesbians and their intimate and family relationships -- precisely the kind of stereotype-based thinking and animus the (Constitution's)Equal Protection Clause is designed to guard against."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-marriage-law/

All and all it's just another kink in the chain.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Re: Adam and Steve... the lovely couple!

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you!
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Ah...

The same two "constitutional scholars" that can't figure out that the Commerce Clause can't force someone to buy insurance they don't want because doing nothing is commerce have now unilaterally determined that Congress had no authority to enact DOMA, which leaves the issue of marriage to the states as it has been for 230 years.

Got it.

Who needs the judiciary when we've got these two...

Blog Entries

Dang SKIPPY!

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    The same two "constitutional scholars" that can't figure out that the Commerce Clause can't force someone to buy insurance they don't want because doing nothing is commerce have now unilaterally determined that Congress had no authority to enact DOMA
    Ah I love the legal analysis. So Congress is all-powerful. Except when it's powers conflict with Obama's core values.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Oy! It is good to be king.

So what you are saying is that a federal law that bans same sex marriage is wrong to begin with because the federal government has no authority to decide what is and is not marriage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    So what you are saying is that a federal law that bans same sex marriage is wrong to begin with because the federal government has no authority to decide what is and is not marriage?
    Dang Skippy!

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

FIrst, yes. Federal law has no power to define "marriage." Family law is now and always has been the exclusive balliwick of the states.

Second, DOMA doesn't do anything EXCEPT codify the 10th Amendment as related to the issue of marriage, stating that the States do not have to recognize a marriage of any kind from any other state is they don't want to do so. It's an except to the "full faith and credit" provision.

2012 we have the opportunity to demonstrate our non-defense of this administration. Perhaps this administration should consider the new opening for an administration in Lybia.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries

Now someone needs to explain this more fully to me. Its still up to individual states to decide if they will allow homosexual marriage or not? Correct? I am just not fully understanding what all this means actually...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

It's always been up to the individual states to decided if they allow homosexual marriage or not.

DOMA was intended to bolster a states argument that said "Just because Hawaii sanctions gay marriage, when those two come to the Great State of Texas, we don't have to honor their "marriage.""

The announcement today just means that the States will have to step up and defend DOMA in the pending Court cases and that Mr. Obama is trying to get more gay votes.

The Sunshine State (Occasionally, The Plywood State)

If the DOMA is declared unconstitutional, then the full faith and credit will go into effect in combination with the equal protection clause. All states will be forced to accept, license and perform civil marriages for homosexual couples.

Them calling themselves married won't affect my marriage, but to be honest, "marriage" is a religious event which should be kept within the community of the faiths. I honestly don't see why the government is involved in what people want to call themselves. I have a friend from middle school who is a lesbian and tells everyone she's married (went to another state - ours doesn't recognize gay unions for the time being). If she wants to pretend, that's her problem.

It poses big issues for churches and sets a big precedent for churches now being seen as preaching "hate" since we "target" homosexuality as a sin (which is a sin...just as many other things are sins). This is a sign of what is to come...and it's not a pretty picture.

Yes, I think Obama is simply doing this to gain votes - but what he's doing in his own self-interest is setting up for a major concern.
    "People aren't confused by the gospel...
    They're confused by us.
    Jesus is the only way to God,
    But we are not the only way to Jesus.
    This word world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie,
    My denomination or my translation of the Bible.
    They just need Jesus...
    Jesus is going to save the world,
    But, maybe, the best thing we can do
    Is just get out of the way."

~"What This World Needs"~
    ~Casting Crowns ~

Tradition doesn't save you, Christ does.
    Don't strap yourself to the Gospel.

Blog Entries
    Mmm I can't say I understand this any better..it seems LadyinWaiting and RabbiKnife are saying two different things..at least to me. Maybe I will wait for the world news to come on and let them explain it...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Ah...

The same two "constitutional scholars" that can't figure out that the Commerce Clause can't force someone to buy insurance they don't want because doing nothing is commerce have now unilaterally determined that Congress had no authority to enact DOMA, which leaves the issue of marriage to the states as it has been for 230 years.

Got it.

Who needs the judiciary when we've got these two...

Post of the day!

Thread Information