cure-real

Thread: What is the fruit of righteousness?

What is the fruit of righteousness?

Psa 92:12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
    Psa 92:13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
    Psa 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
    Psa 92:15 To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. (Psalms 92:12-15, KJV)

Pro 8:12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
    Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
    Pro 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
    Pro 8:15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
    Pro 8:16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
    Pro 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
    Pro 8:18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
    Pro 8:19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
    Pro 8:20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
    Pro 8:21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. (Proverbs 8:12-21, KJV)

Pro 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30, KJV)

Pro 12:12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit. (Proverbs 12:12, KJV)

Isa 45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it. (Isaiah 45:8, KJV)

Amo 6:12 Shall horses run upon the rock? will one plow there with oxen? for ye have turned judgment into gall, and the fruit of righteousness into hemlock:
    Amo 6:13 Ye which rejoice in a thing of nought, which say, Have we not taken to us horns by our own strength?
    Amo 6:14 But, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the LORD the God of hosts; and they shall afflict you from the entering in of Hemath unto the river of the wilderness. (Amos 6:12-14, KJV)

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
    Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
    Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
    Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
    Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. (Ephesians 5:6-10, KJV)

Php 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
    Php 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
    Php 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:9-11, KJV)

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. (Hebrews 12:11, KJV)

Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. (James 3:18, KJV)

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:7, 8, KJV)

(Note: in order to save time and work, I copied and pasted the above verses from my e-Sword Bible program, rather than typing them out from my personal Bible, which is why they are King James Version as opposed to New American Standard.)

We can see from the above verses that, according to God, righteousness is a fruit that we are to bear as Christians. But, what are the characteristics of this fruit, and how are we to go about bearing it in our lives in a way that pleases and honors God? Well, thatís what I hope to find out by posting this thread. What do all of you think? What does the fruit of righteousness look like? How are we to bear it? What, in your opinion, keeps us from bearing it the way we should, and why? Just some questions I have in order to stimulate thought and debate. By the way, I do have some thoughts to share about this topic, especially as it pertains to the connection between the fruit of righteousness and biblical peacemaking, but Iíll wait to share them until at least a few of you have had a chance to share what you think on what I think is a very interesting topic. God bless!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
    "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

Re: What is the fruit of righteousness?

GREAT POST Benjamin can't wait to see everyone views. Just a few from me.
    Hosea 10:12
    Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till He come and rain righteousness upon you.

IMO Christ Jesus is my righteousness ( I Corinthians 1:30, II Corinthians 5:21).

And because of the Holy Spirit I will produce these qualities:
    22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith. 23) Meekness, temperance against such there is no law.

I appreciate you listing all of the verses re: the Fruit of Righteousness. Let me tell you that my journey to the Fruit of Righteousness comes from my teaching on Spiritual Warfare. I blogged on an example of Spiritual warfare earlier this week (http://mirzactmprayer.wordpress.com/...ust-21-2011-3/). I realize that Ray Stedman (see raystedman.org) is absolutely correct in his teaching on Spiritual warfare. I explain it like this, "We are not battling something 'out yonder' as Jesus did that 2000 years ago, and He won! Spiritual warfare exists, but the strongholds are in our brain (hence 2 Cor. 10:3-6, especially verse 5). So the question is, how do we fight Spiritual Battles, answer: with the fruit of the Spirit, which is the fruit of righteousness."
    Mark S Mirza

I believe that the fruit of righteousness is the new creation that we become at the time that we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. If the New Covenant of his blood was clearly taught we would not see so many Christians struggling with basic Christian living, but the mixing in of the Old Testament and the teachings of works leads many away from Christ. Jesus is our Righteousness, our Strength, our Salvation, our Healing, our Redeemer, our Hope, our Life, our very Breath and it is only out of relationship with Him that we can live for Him and bring glory to God. He is our Source and if we live in Him, He will show us what to do. Too many Christians get caught up in works and doing stuff for Christ, when the real answer is getting caught up in Christ and when He becomes your life...works and fruit will follow. Truly knowing Him and enjoying all that He has accomplished for us is the greatest experience in life because He is the truth, the life and the way.

Thread Information