cure-real

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS FIRST POST TO GOD FOR THE FIRST TIME?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 9.80%
  • NO

7 13.73%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED/ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST BEFORE

35 68.63%
  • OTHER

4 7.84%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

I have already accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BibleGirl02 View Post
    Now all we have to do is make it past the judgement seat of Christ

Blessings

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Personally, I don't know whether or not I'd go to Heaven when I die. I am saved but I don't know whether or not I'd go to Heaven because I don't know for sure if I am in a good relationship with God or not. I also don't know if once saved always saved is true or not.

when you die the spirit go to heaven. when you die as a follower of Christ, the angels sing and we call it a rest but when a person dies with sins, angles cry as you have died like a poor man.

5. Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

The question one should ask is whether we are preaching the true gospel message, the church is preaching the wrong message and not the message of God's kingdom

Mario Pombo- Estudios Biblicos

He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
    They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
    Acts 16:30-31

That, my friends, is what you must do. Believe in Christ, and you are saved.
    Jesus paid it all
    All to Him I owe
    Sin had left a crimson stain
    He washed it white as snow

Sin no longer has dominion over you. You are Free.

Quote Originally Posted by ReigningKing View Post
    He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
    They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
    Acts 16:30-31

That, my friends, is what you must do. Believe in Christ, and you are saved.
    True, however let's look at what the rest of the bible says about salvation, not just one verse.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God from your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyamache Josh View Post
    when you die the spirit go to heaven. when you die as a follower of Christ, the angels sing and we call it a rest but when a person dies with sins, angles cry as you have died like a poor man.
    John 7:33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and [then] I go unto him that sent me.
    34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find [me]: and where I am, [thither] ye cannot come.

John 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

John 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Zech 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

We are not going there, He is coming here.

Christians Do go to heaven:

Where did Jesus go when He ascended? To Heaven:

Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Where do Christians go when they die? To be with the Lord Jesus Christ:

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    (KJV)
    Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
    23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
    24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

People in heaven:

Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth in the future.. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is and when He returns to the earth, they will come with Him. That's why it says, so shall we ever be with the Lord, when speaking of the rapture of the church.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Excellent! I hope you voted in the poll. Remember that if you ever have any questions or concerns you can ask me.

Personally, I don't know whether or not I'd go to Heaven when I die. I am saved but I don't know whether or not I'd go to Heaven because I don't know for sure if I am in a good relationship with God or not. I also don't know if once saved always saved is true or not.
    I believe in once saved always saved. I believe you would still go to heaven, but you will be ashamed of yourself if you go like this. Rededicate your life to Christ and serve Him fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    No prayer can save you. It is only through an active and living faith that you can be saved by His grace.
    Grace literally means Un earned favor. It's not something that you can get through good living or works. It's obtained by Grace (unearned favor) through FAITH. It is a Gift of God. That also means that it's not earned. Not of works, meaning that it's unearned. So that no one will boast (brag). No one is going to stand before God and brag that they got into heaven because of their good deeds. The good works are the RESULT of placing our FAITH or trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. The good works are never the cause of salvation.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are created unto or (to do) good works, NOT because of good works.

Please read this first post, pray that prayer and vote in the poll!

Thread Information