cure-real
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions from the book of REVELATION

Blog Entries

Questions from the book of REVELATION

This is a Question and Answer study of the Book of REVELATION to help keep us in the Word. It is not an in depth study but more of a set of questions to motivate each of us to read.

We will be using the NASB (New American Standard Bible) to get the questions from, so if the wording is different from what some of you may be reading, this is why.

Thank you all for following along!

Blog Entries

Re: Questions from the book of REVELATION

REVELATION

I'm going to start off by doing a little background on the dates of writing and some other information that I believe will help enhance this study.

I will be getting my information from the ESV Study Bible (Online Version)

Date

Irenaeus reports, on the basis of earlier sources, that “John received the Revelation almost in our own time, toward the end of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 5.30.3). Since Domitian's reign ended in a.d. 96, most scholars date Revelation in the mid-90s. Some, however, have argued for a date during Nero's reign (a.d. 54–68) and before the fall of Jerusalem in 70, basing their conclusion in part on the belief that Revelation 11:1–2 is a predictive prophecy of the Roman siege and destruction of the earthly Jerusalem during the Jewish War. However, the conditions in the churches of chapters 2–3 and their cities favor a date around a.d. 95–96, and in Revelation “the holy city” does not seem to refer to the earthly Jerusalem (see note on 11:1–2). Assuming this later date, events relating to Nero's reign and Jerusalem's destruction, both of which would now have been in the past, are woven into John's visions as portents and prototypes of present pressures and coming traumas in the world's assault on Christ's church.

The Setting of Revelation

c. a.d. 95
    John addressed the book of Revelation “to the seven churches that are in Asia,” namely Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea, although there were undoubtedly other churches elsewhere in the province of Asia (e.g., Miletus and Colossae, see Acts 20:17; Col. 1:2). John had apparently been exiled from Ephesus to the island of Patmos, southwest of Ephesus, and it was there that he recorded his visions.

Blog Entries
    Revelation 1 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - "The Revelation of _____ _____, which ___ gave Him to show to His ___-______, the things which must ___ take place; and He sent and _________ it by His ___ to His bond-servant ____"

2 - To how many churches in Asia was this addressed to?

3 - Finish the verse: ""I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God,......"

4 - What was the name of the Island where John was?

5 - Name the churches to which this book was to be sent?

6 - How many stars did Jesus have in His hand?

Revelation 1 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John

2 - To how many churches in Asia was this addressed to? Seven

3 - Finish the verse: ""I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God,......" who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

4 - What was the name of the Island where John was? Patmos

5 - Name the churches to which this book was to be sent? Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

6 - How many stars did Jesus have in His hand? Seven stars

Blog Entries

Good job Cup. I will update the next chapter tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Revelation 2 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - What was the thing that Jesus said He had against those in Ephesus?

2 - To what church was this said about "I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich)"

3 - What were the things that were held against those of the church of Pergamum?

4 - What will Jesus give to those who overcome?

5 - How was the Son of God described to those who are at Thyatira?

6 - What was the name of the wicked prophetess in Thyatira?

Revelation 2 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - What was the thing that Jesus said He had against those in Ephesus? that they had left there first love.

2 - To what church was this said about "I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich)" The Smyrna church.

3 - What were the things that were held against those of the church of Pergamum? Some held the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.

4 - What will Jesus give to those who overcome? He will give some of the hidden
    manna, and he will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.

5 - How was the Son of God described to those who are at Thyatira? Eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze.

6 - What was the name of the wicked prophetess in Thyatira? Jezebel was her name.

Blog Entries

Excellent job Cup. I will be updating later today.

I can help!!!

Revelation is the last book in the Holy Bible.

Hope that answers your question.
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    I can help!!!

Wow .

I can help!!!

I didn't know that! thanks for the input.

Blog Entries
    Revelation 3 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - To which church was this told, "for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God."

2 - What will be the outcome for he who overcomes?

3 - Who is this referring to, "I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you."

4 - To whom was this promise made, "Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing,"?

5 - "I know your ____, that you are neither ____ nor ___; I wish that you were ____ or ___."

6 - To which church was this spoken, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me"

Revelation 3 (New American Standard Bible)

1 - To which church was this told, "for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God." the church in Sardis.

2 - What will be the outcome for he who overcomes? He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments and will not have his name erased from the book of life, and Jesus (the Lamb) will confess his name before His Father and before the angels.

3 - Who is this referring to, "I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you." those of the synagogue of Satan.

4 - To whom was this promise made, "Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing,"? The church in Philadelphia

5 - I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.

6 - To which church was this spoken, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me" The church in Laodicea

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfMilk View Post
    I didn't know that! thanks for the input.
    Hey, that's what I'm here for.
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Blog Entries

Hey, that's what I'm here for.
    Among other things.

By the way, you're welcome to join us in the questions and answers if you want. I'm going to be updating the next chapter now.

Thread Information