cure-real
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rules of the Pharisees

The Rules of the Pharisees

The Jewish Pharisees were the dominating religious sinners when Jesus entered the world to be used to preach the gospel and be sacrificed for the forgiveness of sins. The flesh of Jesus was the only sinless flesh of man to exist since man was first put on earth. This enabled God to use his flesh for his own purpose.

The Pharisees believed they knew the scriptures better than anyone because they learned to memorize large portions of the law. This gave their sin of pride a lot to protect so they became fearful of anyone preaching or teaching something different than they were. They made their own rules to keep out certain people they didn't like or they were fearful of. They were called the sinners because they didn't know the god of the scriptures like the Pharisees knew him. These people were the lepers, tax collectors, drunks, prostitutes, thieves, poor, etc.

Jesus wasn't a Pharisee and he hadn't memorized scriptures like they did but every word he spoke was inspired by God. God used his vocabulary that he learned while going to Sabbath day scripture readings with his family. This is all God needs because he inspires these vocabulary words by arranging them according to God's knowledge before they were spoken by Jesus. Jesus said many times that his Father gave him the words to speak of the understanding in his stories.

The flesh of all men were made corrupt with a sin nature that was inherited from the sin nature of Adam and Eve. Jesus was the only one born without this sin nature because God changed the seed of his parents before he was conceived in the womb. This made the flesh of Jesus totally obedient to the spoken word of God.

This sin nature twists the thoughts of truth in the mind of a man and this is what makes us sinners. We take the truth of God and make it a lie to satisfy our sin nature so we worship our own ideas instead of the true God. Only God can change this sin nature in a sinner through a long process of confession, repentance and forgiveness.

Jesus knew by the time he started preaching the gospel that everyone were sinners. He also knew that some sinners elevate themselves above other sinners like the Pharisees did. Jesus called them the righteous people but only in a sarcastic way. They were self-righteous because of their sin of pride that was strengthened by their ability to memorize scriptures. They loved other people who could do the same as they did.

When Jesus spoke the inspired words of God to them, they couldn't understand them because their sin nature confused his words in their minds and made them fearful. Jealousy causes lots of fear in many sinners so they were trying to get Jesus to adhere to their rules and laws they knew so well. They didn't realize the created existence of Jesus was the law and commandments of God called the Word. Jesus had the judge within his heart, mind and soul and was judging the Pharisees as they were mocking his inspired words.

They really got jealous when Jesus spent time with the outcasts that the Pharisees condemned as sinners. Jesus knew that all God's people would be saved from their sinful flesh but the Pharisees didn't believe this. They believed in their own interpretations that told them the wicked, thieves, adulterers, and other names they read about in the scriptures were those they condemned. They didn't realize these names were about all the flesh of man. They didn't know that the flesh was separated from our created existence in God and that only our bodies die. Our created souls remain in God at all times.

When a group of people makes rules to keep out other sinners, they are just like the Pharisees who ended up seeking the death of Jesus because he was breaking their rules and laws. Jesus was put to death because of blaspheme of the scriptural god of the Pharisees that they had in their imaginations.

When I sign up in these forums with all these rules with what we can and can't say, I know exactly what I'm getting into. The commandment to not bear false witness against thy neighbors doesn't apply to the righteous modern day Pharisees who have their own rules and laws to abide by. The sin nature of man hasn't changed since the first people who twisted the commandments of God and did their own thing. It hasn't changed since the Jewish Pharisees had Jesus killed and it won't change until the last flesh of man is killed during this age.

Re: The Rules of the Pharisees

And amazingly, Jesus told his followers to obey them. Matthew 23:2-3. Heh.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    And amazingly, Jesus told his followers to obey them. Matthew 23:2-3. Heh.
    You do realize that Jesus follwed this with some of His harshest criticisms of the religious Pharisees in the bible. Jesus described them as hypocrits, whited sepulchurs and a generation of vipers? It is one thing to observe what the law requires and it is wholly another thing to follow the works of apostate Pharisees.

Just how does one live Deut 6:5?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    You do realize that Jesus follwed this with some of His harshest criticisms of the religious Pharisees in the bible.
    And yet he told his follwers to obey them. Heh.

Jesus described them as hypocrits, whited sepulchurs and a generation of vipers?
    It's interesting that he describes them in this way. Mostly because he's the only one so critical of them, and his characterization is at odds with what we actually know about them.
    Just how does one live Deut 6:5?
    I fail to see what it has to do with the topic at hand.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Not the kind of rules that the Pharisees use.

No sinner can follow the law and commandments of God that condemn them to death. Only the chosen ones were made sinless saints after Jesus died so they became the law and commandments. There's a long process of confession, repentance and forgiveness that God forces his chosen one to go through to make him sinless so he learns who he is in God. Then he'll never sin again.

And yet he told his follwers to obey them. Heh.
    Follow the law or follow the Pharisees?
    It's interesting that he describes them in this way. Mostly because he's the only one so critical of them, and his characterization is at odds with what we actually know about them.
    Now that's funny. What is it you suppose you know about them? What they have said of themselves? I would put a lot of confidence in that assessment. Jesus as God knew what was in their hearts because it ws not hidden from Him. I think the people knew how crooked the Pharisees were but they were powerless to resist them.
    I fail to see what it has to do with the topic at hand.
    By rule you are to keep what is written in Deut 6:5. Tell me how to do it. How do the Rabbis teach obedience to Deut 6:5?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

That all depends tho. Suppose Jesus knew them inside and out..literally? But let's put that idea on hold for a minute. What if it were God Himself who was critical of them? Would God be justified in doing so? If yes, doesn't that tell us something about Jesus then? How could He have known them inside out, in order to be that critical of them?
    Where was He coming up with this stuff, and why? It was almost as if He were playing God or something. But He was just a man. How can a man be God also? If you pay close attention to some of the things Jesus did and knew, one would have to conclude that He did and knew things only God would do and know. Only God can judge someone from the inside..as in inner thoughts, etc. And this was exactly what Jesus did as well, since you yourself stated that his characterization is at odds with what we actually know about them. So was Jesus a mind reader then? Perhaps a good guesser? Or was He something far greater? Like maybe God or something?

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Follow the law or follow the Pharisees?
    Matthew 23: So you must obey them and do everything they tell you

Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong

Now that's funny. What is it you suppose you know about them? What they have said of themselves? I would put a lot of confidence in that assessment. Jesus as God knew what was in their hearts because it ws not hidden from Him. I think the people knew how crooked the Pharisees were but they were powerless to resist them.
    We have what they wrote, and the rules they lived by, and it's nothing like what the NT describes. But what can I say? You have to believe that book.
    By rule you are to keep what is written in Deut 6:5. Tell me how to do it. How do the Rabbis teach obedience to Deut 6:5?
    "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

How does one show love? By doing what makes the loved party happy. In this case, by following God's wishes. That would be the Law.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    That all depends tho. Suppose Jesus knew them inside and out..literally? But let's put that idea on hold for a minute. What if it were God Himself who was critical of them? Would God be justified in doing so? If yes, doesn't that tell us something about Jesus then? How could He have known them inside out, in order to be that critical of them?
    To say that God was critical of them is to already be speaking as a Christian. Why would God be critical of them? Because of that the NT says?

. And this was exactly what Jesus did as well, since you yourself stated that his characterization is at odds with what we actually know about them. So was Jesus a mind reader then? Perhaps a good guesser? Or was He something far greater? Like maybe God or something?
    Or maybe he was just plain wrong.

To say that God was critical of them is to already be speaking as a Christian. Why would God be critical of them? Because of that the NT says?

Since God would be the discerner of the heart, perhaps He knew something about them that might not be so apparent to someone looking at them on the outside.

Or maybe he was just plain wrong.

What would have been His motivation then?

Since God would be the discerner of the heart, perhaps He knew something about them that might not be so apparent to someone looking at them on the outside.
    If it wasn't visible from the outside, and everything they were saying was technically correct, I don't see the purpose in railing against them. Why not speak out against people who were teaching and doing the wrong things, as opposed to those only thinking the wrong things?

What would have been His motivation then?
    To prove himself right?

If it wasn't visible from the outside, and everything they were saying was technically correct, I don't see the purpose in railing against them. Why not speak out against people who were teaching and doing the wrong things, as opposed to those only thinking the wrong things?

But they were doing wrong things as well.

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

If God was the one sending these prophets, and wise men, and scribes,
    then why wouldn't Jesus' criticism of them not be justifiable?

To prove himself right?
    Why tho, if He were just plain wrong? Only a deranged person would act in a manner as that. Jesus was far from being deranged.

Matthew 23: So you must obey them and do everything they tell you

Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong
    Why would any teacher advise His students to follow hypocrits or vipers? Perhaps Jesus is saying follow what is written in the scriptures and not the crooked Pharisees?
    We have what they wrote, and the rules they lived by, and it's nothing like what the NT describes. But what can I say? You have to believe that book.
    Ahh...so they would not have any bias in what they said of themselves? These are not the same ones who slew the prophets sent to them from God? Let God be true and every man a liar.
    "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

How does one show love? By doing what makes the loved party happy. In this case, by following God's wishes. That would be the Law.
    How does one love with all his strength? Or all his heart? Or all his soul? Or does all mean something less that all? I love my wife to the exclusion of all other women but I still cannot make her happy all the time. I love my children yet I cannot exclude my wife. The scripture says all not just to the best of my ability. What shall I do?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

But they were doing wrong things as well.
    Your whole contention was that their vices were "hidden", and that Jesus must have been magical to know of them. Now their vices were plain to see? Then why did Jesus tell his followers to obey them?

Why tho, if He were just plain wrong? Only a deranged person would act in a manner as that. Jesus was far from being deranged.
    C'mon, everyone does this. "Anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong".

Thread Information