cure-real

View Poll Results: What has been most influential in your walk with God?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • The bible?

32 71.11%
  • Church?

4 8.89%
  • Prayer?

9 20.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saved from Homosexuality

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Saved from Homosexuality

Quote Originally Posted by mmoore0689 View Post
    If you'd like to help spread his TRUTH and power of God, please feel free to post the link to my blog on Facebook or twitter, you most definitely have my permission to do so. God bless!
    God is Good!! I read through the blog and I did send the link to a friend of mine who is Christian and through Christ, overcoming their battle with homosexuality. This testimony is mighty and God will use the testimony He's given you, for mighty work!

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

Thanks for sharing!

POWERFUL POWERFUL STUFF !!! WOW !!!

PEACE.

In response to the poll: all of the above!

Congratulations on opening up to God and having His healing touch on you! I read your blog and was very touched by it. Very powerful words.

Lord bless you, my brother, in Christ.
    I really hope you will join Bible Forums.

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this. It was perfect timing for me. Bless you.

Congrats, great testimony, I'm so happy to here this. I really hope you join the forums.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Nice testimony!!! I hope people across the world (especially the US because it accepts homosexuality in some places) see that link you posted. The hard-hitting verse in there is this:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "

Also, I want to warn those who steal music, software, and other things online by downloading them illegally. You are practicing thievery, and no thief can inherit the kingdom of God. Perhaps I should make my own blog about this one, haha.

Wow. I commend your bravery. I thank and praise God
    for your deliverance. To God be the glory!

That's an amazing anouncement! So helpful to the many that are struggling to know that they are not destined to a sad future, but that God can save from anything.

This is a great testimony. I was on another board feed, not this one, talking about homosexuality - a bit. It's definitely possible to overcome.

what an awesome testimony! God is able!
    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast
    www.BibleStudyTools.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmoore0689 View Post
    My name is Matt, from Shreveport, LA. Before being saved by Christ 6 months ago, I lived a homosexual lifestyle. But I found that Gods grace is more powerful than any grip any sin may have on someone. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation for ANYONE. I'm living, walking proof of that and my desire in This life is to spread the Biblical truth of Gods Word on this subject. My blog/testimony- "Gay Christian?" https://mattmoore89.wordpress.com/2011/0... -- I wrote this blog on Monday, obviously under the influence of the Holy Spirit because since then it has spread through facebook like wildifre all over the world. I'm still kindof in shock about it. No glory to myself, I can't even breathe without God much less write something like this. If you'd like to help spread his TRUTH and power of God, please feel free to post the link to my blog on Facebook or twitter, you most definitely have my permission to do so. God bless!
    Hello Mmoore

I read your linked blog in full. I am gladdened you have come to embrace the atonement of the Messiah Jesus, It is wonderful to see people saved. I often discuss this topic on other forums and am seen as a hate mongering bigot by the very people i wish salvation for. Anyway as to your Blog. I see two statements in it. Put together they reveal what i see as an inconsistency.

Jesus came to free us from the power of SIN. Not the power of the Bible. His grace does not give us a license to sin, but the ability NOT to sin.
    This is an absolutist statement. Your saying here that once one repents and accepts the Messiah Jesus one is given the ability Not to sin.

This statement if believed by Christians would cause most Christians to believe themselves unsaved within short time of accepting it. For as far as i know untill we are resurrected and changed into our perfected state that will be free of sin, we shall continue to be sinners till the end.

But then later in your blog you seem to give a relative statement.

Like any sin, if you struggle with homosexuality, it is likely you will always struggle with it to some degree. Just like other people struggle with the temptation of any other sin. But I can tell you from my own personal experience, that when you genuinely seek God and His truth, homosexuality, or any other sin, will no longer have a hold on you. The thoughts seem to just disappear over time and they arefewer and further in between.
    "fewer and further" is Not the same as having the "ability NOT to sin" anymore. Saying that "you will always struggle with it to some degree" is again not consistent with your absolutist statement of "His grace does not give us a license to sin, but the ability NOT to sin"

So if Jesus coming to free us from the power of sin means that we have the ability Not to sin anymore then once a person believed and accepted Jesus as Messiah they would cease to sin period.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Great testimony! With the truth you will be saved. Thank you for being so open.

Thread Information