cure-real
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions from the book of DEUTERONOMY

Blog Entries
    Deuteronomy 10 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - Finish the verse: "The LORD said to me at that time,......"

2 - Why did the Lord have to make two new tablets?

3 - After coming down the mountain, where did Moses place the tablets?

4 - Who died and was buried in Moserah?

5 - Why is it that Levi does not have a portion or inheritance like his brothers?

6 - How many ancestors of Israel went to Egypt?

Re: Questions from the book of DEUTERONOMY

1 - Finish the verse: "The LORD said to me at that time,......" ‘Cut two stone tablets like the first ones and come to Me on the mountain and make a wooden ark.

2 - Why did the Lord have to make two new tablets? Because Moses, in his anger, broke the first ones when he came down the mountain and saw the Israelite's worshiping the Golden Calf.

3 - After coming down the mountain, where did Moses place the tablets? In an ark of acacia wood

4 - Who died and was buried in Moserah? Aaron

5 - Why is it that Levi does not have a portion or inheritance like his brothers? “At that time the Lord set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the Lord’s covenant, to stand before Yahweh to serve Him, and to pronounce blessings in His name, as it is today.

6 - How many ancestors of Israel went to Egypt? 70
    Hebrews 4:16~Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (ESV)

Blog Entries

Well done Kelco. Don't forget chapter 9. Not sure if you saw that one as well.

Deuteronomy 9 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - The people who are tall and strong, who do they descend from? of the Anakim.

2 - The Lord did not drive out the inhabitants of the land because of the righteousness of Israel but rather what? because of the inhabitants wickedness, in order to keep the promise He swore to there fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

3 - When the people provoked the LORD at Horeb, how angry was He? He was angry enough with you to destroy them.

4 - For how long was Moses on the mountain when he received the tablets? 40 days and 40 nights.

5 - What did Moses do with the golden calf? He burned it up, and crushed it, thoroughly grinding it to powder as [fine as] dust. Then he threw it into the stream that came down from the mountain.

6 - Finish the verse: "Remember Your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob......" Disregard this people's stubbornness, and their wickedness and sin.

Deuteronomy 10 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Finish the verse: "The LORD said to me at that time,......" 'Cut two stone tablets like the first ones and come to Me on the mountain and make a wooden ark.'

2 - Why did the Lord have to make two new tablets? Moses broke the first two.

3 - After coming down the mountain, where did Moses place the tablets? in the ark he had made.

4 - Who died and was buried in Moserah? Aaron.

5 - Why is it that Levi does not have a portion or inheritance like his brothers? The LORD is his inheritance

6 - How many ancestors of Israel went to Egypt? 70 people in all

Blog Entries
    Deuteronomy 11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - "what He did to Egypt's ___, its _____ and _____, when He made the _____ of the __ __ flow over them as they _____ you, and He ______ them completely;"

2 - Who were Dathan and Abiram? And what happened to them?

3 - Finish the verse: "Keep every command I am giving you today,......"

4 - The Lord told His people the land they would possess was not like Egypt. Describe it.

5 - What did the Lord tell His people would happen if they turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods?

6 - What did the Lord promise to do for His people if they walk in all His ways, and remain faithful to Him?

Deuteronomy 11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - "what He did to Egypt's army, its horses and chariots, when He made the waters of the Red Sea flow over them as they pursued you, and He destroyed them completely;

2 - Who were Dathan and Abiram? And what happened to them? Dathan and Abiram were the sons of Eliab the Reubenite, when in the middle of the whole Israelite [camp] the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them, their households, their tents, and every living thing with them.

3 - Finish the verse: "Keep every command I am giving you today,......" , so that you may have the strength to cross into and possess the land you are to inherit,

4 - The Lord told His people the land they would possess was not like Egypt. Describe it. A land of mountains and valleys, watered by rain from the sky, it is a land the Lord cares for and watches over.

5 - What did the Lord tell His people would happen if they turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods? Then the LORD's anger will burn against you. He will close the sky, and there will be no rain; the land will not yield its produce, and you will perish quickly from the good land the LORD is giving you.

6 - What did the Lord promise to do for His people if they walk in all His ways, and remain faithful to Him? "the LORD will drive out all these nations before you, and you will drive out nations greater and stronger than you are."

Seeking, I've been really busy. I'll try to post when I can. This is a busy time of year for us U.M.C pastors. Thanks for letting me participate and God bless you both!
    Hebrews 4:16~Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (ESV)

Blog Entries

No problem Kelco. I've had my busy times as well. I will update later on today.

Blog Entries
    Deuteronomy 12 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - What does God instruct His people to do to the places where the other nations served their gods.

2 - What are God's people to bring when the go to worship God?

3 - Finish the verse: "You must offer your burnt offerings only in the place......"

4 - When the people eat meat, what must they do with the blood?

5 - While within the gates, what are the things the people must NOT eat?

6 - "You must not do the same to the ____ your ___, because they _____ for their ___ every ______ thing the LORD ____. They even ___ their ___ and ______ in the fire to their ___."

Deuteronomy 12 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - What does God instruct His people to do to the places where the other nations served their gods. Destroy them completely.

2 - What are God's people to bring when the go to worship God? burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tenths and personal contributions, vow offerings and freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

3 - Finish the verse: "You must offer your burnt offerings only in the place......" the LORD chooses in one of your tribes, and there you must do everything I command you.

4 - When the people eat meat, what must they do with the blood? Pour it on the ground like water.

5 - While within the gates, what are the things the people must NOT eat? the tenth of your grain, new wine, or oil; the firstborn of your herd or flock; any of your vow offerings that you pledge; your freewill offerings; or your personal contributions.

6 - You must not do the same to the LORD your God, because they practice for their gods every detestable thing the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.

Blog Entries
    Deuteronomy 13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - What does God say to do if a prophet says, "Let us follow other gods,' which you have not known, 'and let us worship them,"?

2 - Finish the verse: "You must follow the LORD your God and fear Him......"

3 - What was to be done to the brother, the son of his mother, or his son or daughter, or the wife he embraced, or his closest friend that secretly enticed them to go and worship other gods?

4 - "All _____ will ___ and be ____, and they will no longer do ______ evil like this among ___."

5 - What was to be done if it was heard about one of the cities the LORD gave His people to live in, that wicked men had sprung up among them?

6 - What was to be done with the spoil from that city?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelco View Post
    Seeking, I've been really busy. I'll try to post when I can. This is a busy time of year for us U.M.C pastors. Thanks for letting me participate and God bless you both!
    No problem Kelco!

Deuteronomy 13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

1 - What does God say to do if a prophet says, "Let us follow other gods,' which you have not known, 'and let us worship them,"? do not listen to that prophet's words.

2 - Finish the verse: "You must follow the LORD your God and fear Him......" You must keep His commands and listen to His voice; you must worship Him and remain faithful to Him.

3 - What was to be done to the brother, the son of his mother, or his son or daughter, or the wife he embraced, or his closest friend that secretly enticed them to go and worship other gods? They were to be killed.

4 - All Israel will hear and be afraid, and they will no longer do anything evil like this among you.

5 - What was to be done if it was heard about one of the cities the LORD gave His people to live in, that wicked men had sprung up among them? They were told to strike down the inhabitants of that city with the sword. Completely destroy everyone in it as well as its livestock with the sword.

6 - What was to be done with the spoil from that city? They were told to gather all its spoil in the middle of the city square and completely burn up the city and all its spoil

Blog Entries

Well done Cup. I will be updating a little later this evening.

Thread Information