cure-real
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Step-Mom: Cancer

Re: My Step-Mom: Cancer

The many inquiries and messages of concern and prayer for JoAnn has been very heartening, not only to me but to her. (I read many responses to her)

She actually called me this evening, rather than me calling her - her latest chemo round begins today - and she is handling it remarkably well.

Like so many undergoing chemo, the challenge will be to getting food down and keeping it down. Protein drinks and applesauce appear to help (no apples!)

I will update, Lord willing, as the weeks progress.

Thank you so much for your concern and prayer for JoAnn

Lord Bless
    Stephen

She is a trooper, my prayers continue for her, for you, for all of your family.

Blog Entries

Keeping JoAnne in my prayers

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

JoAnn is handling her new chemo amazingly well - it's obviously different than the previous, one-year course for ovarian, which seemed much worse.

She actually manages to stay relatively active and appears to be eating reasonably well. She spends a lot of time reading and I send her European movie CDs with English subtitles which she enjoys.

She talks openly about her faith these days and is very appreciative of all your prayers. I've sent her several cards from Miepie and am waiting for her to open them.

Thanks again for keeping JoAnn in prayer through this ordeal with cancer.

Lord Bless!
    Stephen

I think of you all in prayer each day, praying for healing. JoAnne, is a brave lady, I am thankful to hear she is tolerating the treatments pretty well. God bless you all, T

I am so glad she is doing well considering. She sounds like a remarkable person. I keep you and yours in my prayers often
    The story of Job teaches us that the Devil has to be given permission to attack us. So if God is allowing the attack surely He's planning our victory. He would not allow us to be in a battle we could not win.! God looks for hand-picked people He can send into difficult environments, that He might be glorified. He makes all things "work together for good" (Ro 8:28) so don't be intimidated. Just keep your eyes open and see what God is up to!

Thanks again for all your prayers for JoAnn. She is very encoraged (and flattered) knowing folks here pray and ask about her.

Cat-Scan last week reveals that her liver is filled with tumors as well as her lower abdomen. A new, much stronger chemo regimen will begin tomorrow, so it appears the summer will be quite difficult.

JoAnn realizes her chances are now slim, though she soldiers on with great courage and retains that unique, up-beat disposition. We talk often of the faith - she seems confused on certain issues (lifelong Catholic) but I'm confident she is trusting the Lord, and is quite open to discussing salvation, a refreshing change from before. We will continue to converse because she is obviously concerned.

Thanks for receiving this update and thanks much for remembering JoAnn in your prayers.

Lord Bless!
    Stephen

Continued prayer for you all.
    Lord bless, t

balance her PH, she's to acidic, Cancer loves an acid inviroment, if she is willing to change her eating habits she can have a better chance than Kemo. The problem with life is we think there is only one way to be healed. Some of us don't have the faith to be healed yet, so we go to the next best thing. There is three paths to being healed. Medical, herbal, Christ, the one you believe in is the one you will go to first. However you have to choose. The Doctors will do all they can do... then they will say; "we have done all we can do, they are in Gods hands now." I can tell you what to do but it's up to you, just remember Dr. don't know everything, that's why God gave us the herbs of the field. God Bless you both.

How is JoAnn doing as of late? How is Virginia doing?. I pray for your 2 moms daily.

Thanks my friend! JoAnn is having a pretty tough time of it this summer - this latest round of Chemo takes a heavy toll. I don't think she has much time left. She is quite the soldier, however, and when I talk with her she always puts her finest self on display.

My Mom - Virginia - just hangs from day to day but appears to be fading by the hour.

Thanks very much for your prayers and concern.

Stephen

Blog Entries

I got them both on my prayer list Thanks for the update.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

I am sorry, Stephen, keeping you all in my daily prayers.

JoAnn called me in the morning, just to reciprocate - I'll usually call her and wait for her to hit the recall button.

She sounds awful and has been genuinely struggling, but her doctor believes the chemo has had some effect - amazing, considering the numerous tumors.

It would be wonderful if she has been given more time, as long as she is not miserably sick and suffering pain. Brave lady, no doubt.

Of course, all your prayers and concern for JoAnn are deeply appreciated, by her and myself.

Lord Bless
    Stephen

Blog Entries

Oh, bless her and help her through this, Lord. I know what I went through caring for Bill. My heart goes out to her. Please tell her I am sincerely praying for her. I really, really am.

Those treatments are so harsh.... But like you said, we do NOT want her to be miserably sick or in pain. Tell her it seemed to help Bill if he took the nausea meds BEFORE the nausea hit full force. Nip the nausea in the bud, at the first sign of a queezy stomach. Once we started doing that, it really helped him to stop the nausea before it got to bad.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Thread Information