cure-real

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian Zionist?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Christian Zionist because God commands it

26 33.33%
  • I am a Zionist because it's the right thing to do, even though God doesn't command it

14 17.95%
  • I am not a Zionist. Israel like any other country

30 38.46%
  • I am not a Zionist. Israel is wrong

8 10.26%
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141554 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a Christian Zionist?

Re: Are you a Christian Zionist?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    You don't know if you support Israel or not?

I shoulda made that a poll option.
    I said in the other post that I DO support the nation of Israel. They were given the land, it is a sovereign nation with every right to exist.

I voted for number three.

Quote Originally Posted by let God be true View Post
    Yeah, be a good boy and show what it takes... to be whatever you believe a Christian should be. "The fruit of the spirit is pride, sarcasm, showing off, etc etc". Right?

Well I don't actually believe that, of course - but, please, don't miss an opportunity to show the fruit of the Spirit, if that's your thing.
    Sorry. out of line.

And sorry for taking your topic off-topic, Fenris. Right I've voted, had too much to say, and I'm outta here.

I am a Christian Zionist.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    I said in the other post that I DO support the nation of Israel. They were given the land, it is a sovereign nation with every right to exist.
    So you support them as much as you would support any other country. That is poll choice #3.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Originally posted by nobunaga
    Israel is wrong .....Wrong in what sense ?
    In the sense that God chose them based on ethnicity:

"It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, 'It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.' In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring." Ro.9:6-8

Israel is defined in Deut 32:8 as Gods choosen people.

Deut 32:8

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
    For the LORD'S portion is His people; Jacob is the allotment of His inheritance..
    Jacob is the the Lords people, but only because they are "the seed of Abraham."

"But thou Israel art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend." Is.41:8

And the seed of Abraham are those who believe God, regardless of ethnicity:

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Ga.3:29

Guys please, no debating. I just wanted to poll people's opinions.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Originally posted by Fenris
    OK, fair enough. I know this opinion exists, I'm glad you're honest enough to voice it.
    No reason to be dishonest, my friend. If it wasn't for the faithful Jews who revealed the messiah to us there would be no hope.

Sorry for the debating Fenris. I was asked a question and tried to clarify my belief. My "outrageous" position (as I've said) is based on the interpretation of the OT by Jews who wrote the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by let God be true View Post
    Yeah, be a good boy and show what it takes... to be whatever you believe a Christian should be. "The fruit of the spirit is pride, sarcasm, showing off, etc etc". Right?

Well I don't actually believe that, of course - but, please, don't miss an opportunity to show the fruit of the Spirit, if that's your thing.
    That's one way to look at it. Or, you could look at it in a "main leader of this message board giving the new guy a kind hint to change his methodology" sort of way. Your choice.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Quote Originally Posted by janitor View Post
    Sorry for the debating Fenris.
    No problem, I just don't want this turning into a debate thread. Everyone can voice their opinion, and justify it, and be done.

Originally posted by the rookie
    "Nowhere in the Bible" could be one of the most outrageous overstatements ever made in the history of mankind.
    It could be, but then the messiahs mission would be meaningless and the promises God made to Abraham would be lies.

Quote Originally Posted by janitor View Post
    It could be, but then the messiahs mission would be meaningless and the promises God made to Abraham would be lies.
    As per the OP's request, you're free to assert that in your own thread and then prove it.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

pushed out by those who say they're my brother

I believe God continues to have a heart for unbelieving Israel (meaning not believing in the chosen Messiah, Jesus). They (meaning unbelieving Israel) are beloved for the sake of the fathers (Rom. 11:28) for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Rom. 11:29). Just as God chose to have mercy on Gentiles who did not know God, He will have mercy on Israel who does not know their Messiah (Rom. 11:31). After the fullness of the Gentiles comes in (during which time individual Jews are also saved), all Israel will be saved (Rom. 11:25-26). I believe I should have this same heart for Israel and look forward to and pray for their salvation. So, I chose to vote “1”.

"unsure" was not an option...
    God's grace is not one size fits all, but rather "tailor made" for each person, an intimate, unique and amazing gift that continues to gift itself in countless ways.

Ephesians 4:4-7 ESV There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call-- one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But grace was given to each one of us (individually) according to the measure of Christ's gift.

Tea Party Member -- Not a Democrat nor a Republican.

Thread Information