cure-real
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 106

Thread: From Passover to easter.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    952

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    I believe someone created a thread concerning the matter of the change from Passover to easter, well it seems the Catholic Church proves that they themselves chose to exercise authority to change and sever the connection of Passover.

    Undoubtedly, there was a long-term agenda to shift and undermine any and all associations connecting Jewish-Israeli underpinnings that were foundational to the early Christian Church. Remember, Paul said, the household of God (the Church) is “built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets [not Synods, Councils, and bishops], Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone,” (Ephesians 2:20). There was absolutely no authorization to change the framework of worship outside of Jesus Christ’s own reflection of worship exemplified by His life, habits, and customs (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6). It’s important we remember: Jesus Christ never kept an Easter in his life! It is undeniable that Easter has no biblical connection, foundation, or authority on the name of Jesus Christ to be observed by any who claim Christ as their Saviour.

    Was it necessary???
    I agree. Easter is of pagan origin co-opted into the traditions of the catholic church as an alternative to Passover being the mark that establishes the final meal that Jesus shared with his disciples and the Day on which Jesus died for us.

    All Praise The Ancient Of Days

  2. #77

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Interesting. What happened during the final meal. The taking of communion, the eating of bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus, The bread representing Christs Body and the Wine Jesus blood of the New Covenant (Mk 14:22-24).


    Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    I agree. Easter is of pagan origin co-opted into the traditions of the catholic church as an alternative to Passover being the mark that establishes the final meal that Jesus shared with his disciples and the Day on which Jesus died for us.

    All Praise The Ancient Of Days

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,638
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboTone View Post
    Yes, Passover is an Old Testament glimpse at what would be fulfilled through Jesus, our Passover lamb. As a Messianic, My family and I celebrate Passover instead of Easter. This fact does not, however, give any of us the right to pass judgement on believers who decide to celebrate the resurrection in a different way, or on a different day. To insinuate that believers need to recognize certain holidays over others would be putting Christians back under the law. The part of Paul's letter to the Colossians that I referenced was a direct response to false teachers who were trying to put Colossian believers back under Jewish law.
    I am NOT "okay" with ancient Babylonian pagan blood rituals, because that's exactly what "Easter" is. I don't mind telling other people about what Easter is really about, but I leave it at that. I don't tell other people how to celebrate their "holidays", but I will always be sure they are informed of the truth.

    There's no real punishment involved, now that Christ has atoned for our sins, if we break a biblical law. That's all that is changed. The law still stands, but forgiveness is now a part of the law with only one simple condition: Jesus. That's it! He also said, "go and sin no more", but most people like to forget that part and take it to mean that it doesn't matter how much we sin we're still forgiven. And that is technically true, but God knows what is in our hearts, He knows what our intent is. So I don't go around taking that "forgiveness" lightly, because God is far more holier than me, and is why He said "go and sin no more".

    Celebrating a pagan holiday, is a sin. Period. That whole thing about "it just means something else now" is exactly what God warned us not to do! Don't bow down to pagan idols and pagan gods, because the law still applies. You're forgiven, but you have to see it for the sin that it is. Don't water down God's warnings and prophecies, by saying things like "the date doesn't matter" and such. It is not sound doctrine, especially if you examine the historical reasons Easter was incorporated into the Christian vernacular. Why do we have Babylonian rituals being celebrated in this day and age under the banner of Christianity, whilst our LORD warned us against "MYSTERY BABYLON, THE GREAT"?
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

  4. #79

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Interesting. What happened during the final meal. The taking of communion, the eating of bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus, The bread representing Christs Body and the Wine Jesus blood of the New Covenant (Mk 14:22-24).
    What actually happened is that Jesus Christ became the Passover Lamb. Many are fond of quoting Col 2:17, so let's apply that here...

    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

    The Passover observance prior to the crucifixion was a shadow, of something to come. Christ became that Passover Lamb, and His shed blood covers our sin. He directly says...

    Luk 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

    1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

    Just as the Priesthood changed, the symbols for the Passover were changed by Christ on the eve of His crucifixion. He then commands us to do that in remembrance of Him.

    Not only that, but Paul gave definite instructions on how to keep the Passover including the fact that it is NOT the Lord's Supper...

    1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

    We are also admonished to keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread...

    1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
    1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
    1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

    Written about the Days of Unleavened Bread and admonishing a gentile church to keep them.

    Now can someone explain to me what rabbits, eggs and jelly beans have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    952

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Interesting. What happened during the final meal. The taking of communion, the eating of bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus, The bread representing Christs Body and the Wine Jesus blood of the New Covenant (Mk 14:22-24).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    I agree. Easter is of pagan origin co-opted into the traditions of the catholic church as an alternative to Passover being the mark that establishes the final meal that Jesus shared with his disciples and the Day on which Jesus died for us.

    All Praise The Ancient Of Days
    Why did you quote me?

    And why ask a question then proceed to answer it?


    All Praise The Ancient Of Days

  6. #81

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    I agree that the passover festival and the lords supper were celebrated differently, although the first breaking of bread occurred on the first day of the passover festival before Jesus died on the cross. Scripture shows that the passover festival and the breaking of bread were still celebrated after Jesus death and that they were done at different times.

    Paul says that Jesus is our passover lamb. Instead of celebrating Easter with eggs, buns and jelly beans - I take communion. Jesus said, do this in remembrance of me, and although there is no biblical requirement to take communion at Easter time and the bible does not say it replaces the passover feast, but what better time to do it, when most of the world has a public holiday in remembrance of Jesus death and resurrection.

    I remember Jesus every day, but instead of celebrating eggs, buns and jelly beans at Easter - I take communion. It is something different and it makes it more special - well at least for me.

    Jesus is the living bread. I did not really understand John 6:47-59, until I understood Jesus was talking about communion.


    (John 6:47 NIV) I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

    (John 6:48 NIV) I am the bread of life.

    (John 6:49 NIV) Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.

    (John 6:50 NIV) But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.

    (John 6:51 NIV) I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

    (John 6:52 NIV) Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

    (John 6:53 NIV) Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

    (John 6:54 NIV) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

    (John 6:55 NIV) For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

    (John 6:56 NIV) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

    (John 6:57 NIV) Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

    (John 6:58 NIV) This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

    (John 6:59 NIV) He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.




    Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post
    What actually happened is that Jesus Christ became the Passover Lamb. Many are fond of quoting Col 2:17, so let's apply that here...

    Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

    The Passover observance prior to the crucifixion was a shadow, of something to come. Christ became that Passover Lamb, and His shed blood covers our sin. He directly says...

    Luk 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

    1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

    Just as the Priesthood changed, the symbols for the Passover were changed by Christ on the eve of His crucifixion. He then commands us to do that in remembrance of Him.

    Not only that, but Paul gave definite instructions on how to keep the Passover including the fact that it is NOT the Lord's Supper...

    1Co 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

    We are also admonished to keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread...

    1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
    1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
    1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

    Written about the Days of Unleavened Bread and admonishing a gentile church to keep them.

    Now can someone explain to me what rabbits, eggs and jelly beans have to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Plymouth, MI
    Posts
    141
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    I am NOT "okay" with ancient Babylonian pagan blood rituals, because that's exactly what "Easter" is. I don't mind telling other people about what Easter is really about, but I leave it at that. I don't tell other people how to celebrate their "holidays", but I will always be sure they are informed of the truth.

    There's no real punishment involved, now that Christ has atoned for our sins, if we break a biblical law. That's all that is changed. The law still stands, but forgiveness is now a part of the law with only one simple condition: Jesus. That's it! He also said, "go and sin no more", but most people like to forget that part and take it to mean that it doesn't matter how much we sin we're still forgiven. And that is technically true, but God knows what is in our hearts, He knows what our intent is. So I don't go around taking that "forgiveness" lightly, because God is far more holier than me, and is why He said "go and sin no more".

    Celebrating a pagan holiday, is a sin. Period. That whole thing about "it just means something else now" is exactly what God warned us not to do! Don't bow down to pagan idols and pagan gods, because the law still applies. You're forgiven, but you have to see it for the sin that it is. Don't water down God's warnings and prophecies, by saying things like "the date doesn't matter" and such. It is not sound doctrine, especially if you examine the historical reasons Easter was incorporated into the Christian vernacular. Why do we have Babylonian rituals being celebrated in this day and age under the banner of Christianity, whilst our LORD warned us against "MYSTERY BABYLON, THE GREAT"?
    Are you really insinuating that Christians must live under Jewish Law? Anyone who states that the "Law still stands" clearly missed out on the letter written from the Jerusalem Council to the Gentile believers in Acts chapter 15;

    24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”[a] —to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[b] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

    So, if I'm reading verse 24 right, then the Law does not still stand. As a messianic, I rejoice in the fact that I have freedom from the Law through Christ. I observe the Lord's feast days at my synagogue, but I am no longer under the Law; if I were still under the Law...........
    I would have to yell at my wife when I caught her in one of my T-shirts (A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.)

    I would need to hire a contractor to work on my house

    ( When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.)


    I would need to clean out my closet

    ( Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together. ) You get the picture.
    I understand why someone would choose to celebrate Passover instead of Easter, "the law still stands" is NOT one of those reasons.

    " know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[a] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified. " Galatians 2:16

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,638
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoboTone View Post
    Are you really insinuating that Christians must live under Jewish Law? Anyone who states that the "Law still stands" clearly missed out on the letter written from the Jerusalem Council to the Gentile believers in Acts chapter 15;

    24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”[a] —to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[b] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

    So, if I'm reading verse 24 right, then the Law does not still stand. As a messianic, I rejoice in the fact that I have freedom from the Law through Christ. I observe the Lord's feast days at my synagogue, but I am no longer under the Law; if I were still under the Law...........
    I would have to yell at my wife when I caught her in one of my T-shirts (A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.)

    I would need to hire a contractor to work on my house

    ( When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.)


    I would need to clean out my closet

    ( Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together. ) You get the picture.
    I understand why someone would choose to celebrate Passover instead of Easter, "the law still stands" is NOT one of those reasons.

    " know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[a] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified. " Galatians 2:16
    Ya know, the more I see of Paul's work in down-playing how important it is to keep to the law as humanly possible as you can, as Jesus did, the less credibility I see Paul as having. I've ALWAYS been skeptical of the differing accounts of his supposed conversion on the road to Damascus. I no doubt that, because he preached the word of Jesus (and was effective), he was allowed to do what he did... But I see Satan in some of the details. The only thing that Jesus changed, was that we're free from sin in the law, because Jesus forgives us. He wouldn't have to forgive us, if it wasn't still a sin. Is that more clear to you?

    What I mean is, it is important enough to God, to come in the flesh to us, and tell us Himself that He is not changing one iota of the law! How much more clear is that? By fulfilling the prophecies, by being the perfect and sinless sacrifice, he bought us with His own blood as you would sign a legal contract in blood. He bought the "keys to hell and death" with his perfect sacrifice. He also said to us, "Go and sin no more." How can you possibly say that the law does not apply, even now?

    Do I shave? Yes.
    Is it a sin? Yes.
    Do I believe God will forgive me for shaving? Absolutely.
    My reasonable/tolerable excuse is, that I have to for my job and it presents a professional appearance.

    So I, as a sinful man, can not even think of punishing another person for their crimes. And by punish, I mean death. I might not be forgiven, should I put to death a man guilty of even a heinous crime, because should he repent and be forgiven, he'll be saved. Prison for life? Yeah. Three strikes? I'd rather it be two. One is plausibly deniable, but two would be suspicious. Because God said that anyone who kills Cain, God will destroy. He wants to give them enough rope to hang themselves with, or repent. Their choice.

    But then again, I'm not perfect, I'm not holy. Only by the grace of God am I saved, so by His rules I shall live as closely as is humanly possible for me. Every single last letter of the law. If I break one I shall repent, go my way, and sin no more. Try my hardest not to though. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

  9. #84

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I don't "keep" anything. I am married everyday and I celebrate being married everyday. I am alive everyday and I celebrate being alive everday. I don't celebrate either Christmas or Easter as a religious holiday. I don't celebrate or "keep" any religious holidays. Sunday is no different than any other day, except that I happen to engage in (sometimes) different activities on Sunday.

    I am no place commanded to "keep" anything from a religious observance or "holiday." Paul is really clear about that.
    1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

    Whatever you do, do not keep the Days of Unleavened Bread.

    And as far as the Passover...

    Joh 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
    Joh 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
    Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
    Joh 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
    Joh 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

    And you certainly would not want to take the Passover service...

    1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Millions of Christians get up every Sunday morning and go to church from some misconceived sense of obligation. Millions of people "keep" religious holidays from obligations. Some don't.
    "Keeping" Passover or Sunday or Sabbath or April Fools Day means absolutely nothing to me, and keeping or not keeping any of the above has abosulutely nothing to do with me honoring God.
    Seems to say a lot

  10. #85

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I agree that the passover festival and the lords supper were celebrated differently, although the first breaking of bread occurred on the first day of the passover festival before Jesus died on the cross. Scripture shows that the passover festival and the breaking of bread were still celebrated after Jesus death and that they were done at different times.
    Scripture please. I believe that you will find it was only done at the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread. Read 1 Cor carefully.

    Paul says that Jesus is our passover lamb. Instead of celebrating Easter with eggs, buns and jelly beans - I take communion. Jesus said, do this in remembrance of me, and although there is no biblical requirement to take communion at Easter time and the bible does not say it replaces the passover feast, but what better time to do it, when most of the world has a public holiday in remembrance of Jesus death and resurrection.
    You are correct about the Easter part, but there is a biblical command about the Passover, Jesus gave it Himself and it was reiterated by Paul...

    1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

    I remember Jesus every day, but instead of celebrating eggs, buns and jelly beans at Easter - I take communion. It is something different and it makes it more special - well at least for me.

    Jesus is the living bread. I did not really understand John 6:47-59, until I understood Jesus was talking about communion.
    He was speaking of giving Himself for the sins of the world, that His flesh and blood were given to save man from death.

    (John 6:47 NIV) I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

    (John 6:48 NIV) I am the bread of life.

    (John 6:49 NIV) Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.

    (John 6:50 NIV) But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.

    (John 6:51 NIV) I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

    (John 6:52 NIV) Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

    (John 6:53 NIV) Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

    (John 6:54 NIV) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

    (John 6:55 NIV) For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

    (John 6:56 NIV) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

    (John 6:57 NIV) Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

    (John 6:58 NIV) This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

    (John 6:59 NIV) He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
    So, if Jesus said something in a synagogue Capernaum, it only applies to those in the synagogue of Capernaum? Then was what was accomplished in Jersualem, namely His death, burial and resurrection, only for Jersualem? Are His commands for all men or just the few He spoke to while on earth as a man?
    Last edited by John 8:32; Apr 10th 2012 at 02:57 PM.

  11. #86

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Scripture please. I believe that you will find it was only done at the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread. Read 1 Cor carefully.

    Some believe that Acts 2:42, Acts 20:7 - The breaking of bread refers to the lords supper.
    Acts 12:3, 20:6 refers to the festive of unleavened bread still being celebrated.



    So, if Jesus said something in a synagogue Capernaum, it only applies to those in the synagogue of Capernaum? Then was what was accomplished in Jersualem, namely His death, burial and resurrection, only for Jersualem? Are His commands for all men or just the few He spoke to while on earth as a man?

    I never said that Jesus teaching in Capernaum applied only to the those in the synagogue of Capernaum, where did you get that idea from?

    The teaching at Capernaum, was referring to communion and Christs death and ressurection.


    Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post
    Scripture please. I believe that you will find it was only done at the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread. Read 1 Cor carefully.

    You are correct about the Easter part, but there is a biblical command about the Passover, Jesus gave it Himself and it was reiterated by Paul...

    1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.



    He was speaking of giving Himself for the sins of the world, that His flesh and blood were given to save man from death.



    So, if Jesus said something in a synagogue Capernaum, it only applies to those in the synagogue of Capernaum? Then was what was accomplished in Jersualem, namely His death, burial and resurrection, only for Jersualem? Are His commands for all men or just the few He spoke to while on earth as a man?

  12. #87

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    I find it hard to believe that in the millennium Jesus would be eating an easter HAM,
    more likely Jesus would be breaking bread and sipping wine.

  13. #88

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by allisraelsaved View Post
    I find it hard to believe that in the millennium Jesus would be eating an easter HAM,
    more likely Jesus would be breaking bread and sipping wine.
    And for seven of those days the bread will be unleavened.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    747

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post
    And for seven of those days the bread will be unleavened.
    Hopefully it is that way during the breaking of bread at church as well. Unleavened bread and new wine (grape juice). That was what Jesus used.

  15. #90

    Re: From Passover to easter.

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Hopefully it is that way during the breaking of bread at church as well. Unleavened bread and new wine (grape juice). That was what Jesus used.
    Probably not grape juice, but that is a whole 'nother thread in itself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 101
    Last Post: Apr 1st 2014, 01:59 AM
  2. Passover and Easter
    By RZ06 in forum Growing in Christ
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 3rd 2009, 02:28 PM
  3. Passover
    By Lisadawn in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Apr 2nd 2007, 12:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •