cure-real
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: From Passover to easter.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Re: From Passover to easter.

Yes, do I what?

RabbiKnife;I'm not a Judeo Christian. Don't know what that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Yes, do I what?

If you ask me a question I expect and I guess I shouldn't, but I would expect you to know what you asked me.
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

English is indeed difficult.

I didn't ask you a question first.

You asked me, "Yes, do you?"

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. So I replied "Yes, do I what?"

If I knew what you were asking, I would have had to ask you what you were asking.

English is indeed difficult.

I didn't ask you a question first.

You asked me, "Yes, do you?"

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. So I replied "Yes, do I what?"

If I knew what you were asking, I would have had to ask you what you were asking.

, Round and round we go, I am indeed learning.
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Blog Entries

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...ver-and-Easter
    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...r-amp-Passover
    Go and read a bit here...

Will try to reply, but communication in SA is not stable, so my internet keeps on dropping the connection
    'Y'varekh'kha ADONAI v'yishmerekha.[May ADONAI bless you and keep you.]
    Ya'er ADONAI panav eleikha vichunekka.
    [May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor.]
    Yissa ADONAI panav eleikha v'yasem l'kha shalom.
    [May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.]'

Bemidbar 6:24-26
    [Numbers 6:24-26]

At my house we do not eat lamb but ham for easter. Chocolate is always welcome even when it comes in pagan forms like little bunnies. Eggs are great when deviled.

In the church we will remember the events of the passion. Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. I think I saw a statistic where more folks go to church for Easter (Ressurection) Sunday than any other Sunday service. Easter is less intimidating a term than resurrection.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries

I'm not a Judeo Christian. Don't know what that is.

I'm a Gentile. And a Christian. I celebrate Passover ever day. Thank God, the need to "keep" Passover is over, once and for all.
    Do you keep your mariage anniversary daily too? What about you birthday? Is every day a birthday for you? Do you keep Christmas every day? How about your son's prom? Do you keep Sunday every day?

The point I want to make is not about Passover itself, it's the lame "I keep everything everyday" doctrine. It is completely unscriptural and borderline rebellious.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Do you keep your mariage anniversary daily too? What about you birthday? Is every day a birthday for you? Do you keep Christmas every day? How about your son's prom? Do you keep Sunday every day?

The point I want to make is not about Passover itself, it's the lame "I keep everything everyday" doctrine. It is completely unscriptural and borderline rebellious.
    I don't "keep" anything. I am married everyday and I celebrate being married everyday. I am alive everyday and I celebrate being alive everday. I don't celebrate either Christmas or Easter as a religious holiday. I don't celebrate or "keep" any religious holidays. Sunday is no different than any other day, except that I happen to engage in (sometimes) different activities on Sunday.

I am no place commanded to "keep" anything from a religious observance or "holiday." Paul is really clear about that.

Blog Entries

I don't "keep" anything. I am married everyday and I celebrate being married everyday. I am alive everyday and I celebrate being alive everday. I don't celebrate either Christmas or Easter as a religious holiday. I don't celebrate or "keep" any religious holidays. Sunday is no different than any other day, except that I happen to engage in (sometimes) different activities on Sunday.

I am no place commanded to "keep" anything from a religious observance or "holiday." Paul is really clear about that.
    So you have to be commanded to honor God? Do you think people "keep" religious holidays from obligation? Is that your idea?

So you have to be commanded to honor God? Do you think people "keep" religious holidays from obligation? Is that your idea?
    Millions of Christians get up every Sunday morning and go to church from some misconceived sense of obligation. Millions of people "keep" religious holidays from obligations. Some don't.

"Keeping" Passover or Sunday or Sabbath or April Fools Day means absolutely nothing to me, and keeping or not keeping any of the above has abosulutely nothing to do with me honoring God.

Quote Originally Posted by Br. Barnabas View Post
    Can you offer some proof of your claim about the Roman Catholic Church? What year did they do away with Passover? Where the Jews even still observing it when they did away with it? How was Judaism functioning at the time they did away with it without a Temple?

Jesus' parents offered a sacrifice when he was born, should Christians be doing this? Should we be offering a sacrifice of a lamb at Passover like Jesus did? Judaism functions a lot different without a Temple.
    Proof??? proof is denied by catholics, so here ya go:

“The dioceses of all Asia, as from the older tradition [Passover], held that the fourteenth day of the moon, on which day the Jews were commanded to sacrifice the lamb, should always be observed as the feast of the life-giving Pasch [Passover]…However, it was not the custom of the churches in the rest of the world [primarily the West, represented by Rome] to end it at this point [allegedly a non-biblical based fast ending on Easter Sunday], as they observed the practice, which from apostolic tradition has prevailed to the present time… Synods and assemblies of bishops [not Jesus Christ’s example] were held on this account and all with one consent through mutual correspondence drew up an ecclesiastical decree [superseding Christ’s personal example as recorded in the gospels] that the mystery of the resurrection of the Lord should be celebrated on no other day but, the Sunday [Easter] and that we should observe the close of the paschal fast on that day only. A letter of Saint Irenaeus is among the extracts just referred to, and this shows that the diversity of practice regarding Easter had existed at least from the time of Pope Sixtus. Further, Irenaeus states that St. Polycarp [bishop of Smyrna], who like the other Asiatic, kept Easter on the fourteenth day of the moon [which is really Passover], whatever day of the week that might be, following therein the tradition which he [Polycarp] claimed to have derived from St. John the apostle, but could not be persuaded by Pope Anicetus to relinquish his Quartodecimen observance. The question thus debated was therefore primarily whether Easter was to be kept on a Sunday, or whether Christians should observe the holyday of the Jews… Those who kept Easter [Passover] with the Jews were called Quartodecimans”

Andrew_no_one

Further more:

Yet, this trend finally became law in the year 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicaea. Again, notice from the Catholic Encyclopedia:
    “The emperor himself [Constantine] writing to the churches after the council of Nicaea, exhorts, ‘At this meeting the question concerning the most holy day of Easter was discussed, and it was resolved by the united judgment of all present [regardless of the example of Jesus Christ, Matthew 26:17-30] that this feast ought to be kept by all and in every place on one and the same day [Easter Sunday]…And first of all it appeared an unworthy thing that in the celebration of this most holy feast we should follow the practice of the Jews, who have impiously defiled their hands with enormous sin… For we have received from our Savior a different way [Where then is the Biblical proof or Christological authorization?] …and I myself [Constantine] have undertaken that this decision should meet with the approval of your sagacity in the hope that your wisdoms will gladly admit that practice which is observed [Easter Sunday] at once in the city of Rome and in Africa, throughout Italy and Egypt… with entire unity of judgment.”

need more proof ???

Andrew_no_one

Blog Entries

Millions of Christians get up every Sunday morning and go to church from some misconceived sense of obligation. Millions of people "keep" religious holidays from obligations. Some don't.

"Keeping" Passover or Sunday or Sabbath or April Fools Day means absolutely nothing to me, and keeping or not keeping any of the above has abosulutely nothing to do with me honoring God.
    I see, so you're OK if anyone keeps anything, just not if anyone keeps anything out of a sense of obligation.

I see, so you're OK if anyone keeps anything, just not if anyone keeps anything out of a sense of obligation.
    I don't care what people do for their religious jollies, unless they think that in some way that doing or keeping anything either (a) gets them brownie points with Jesus, (b) makes them feel more holy than their brothers and sisters that don't play the same game, or (c) is perceived by them to be a "work of grace."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    Further more:

Yet, this trend finally became law in the year 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicaea. Again, notice from the Catholic Encyclopedia:
    “The emperor himself [Constantine] writing to the churches after the council of Nicaea, exhorts, ‘At this meeting the question concerning the most holy day of Easter was discussed, and it was resolved by the united judgment of all present [regardless of the example of Jesus Christ, Matthew 26:17-30] that this feast ought to be kept by all and in every place on one and the same day [Easter Sunday]…And first of all it appeared an unworthy thing that in the celebration of this most holy feast we should follow the practice of the Jews, who have impiously defiled their hands with enormous sin… For we have received from our Savior a different way [Where then is the Biblical proof or Christological authorization?] …and I myself [Constantine] have undertaken that this decision should meet with the approval of your sagacity in the hope that your wisdoms will gladly admit that practice which is observed [Easter Sunday] at once in the city of Rome and in Africa, throughout Italy and Egypt… with entire unity of judgment.”

need more proof ???
    Yes the Council of Nicea said that Easter should be done on Sunday. That has nothing to do with when Passover was to be celebrated and when Jesus said that Passover or Easter should be celebrated. Some Christians were in the habit as you quoted in the post at 1:42 that some people were keeping an Easter celebration on any day of the week at the end of the Passover. However, what we find in the NT and after Nicea is that Easter should be celebrated on a Sunday, because it is the day Christ rose from the dead and why we go to church on Sunday to celebrate the Resurrection. Yet again, this has nothing to do with what the Roman Catholic Church did because they were not the only ones at the Council of Nicea, in fact the Bishop of Rome was not present at the Council of Nicea he was too sick to make it, but sent representatives in his place. But also bishops from the East, North Africa, Asia Minor, Gaul, and other area with bishops were present at the Council and they call found that the Pascha feast should be celebrated on Sunday not just any day of the week. This is truly the one holy catholic and apostolic church at work, which is why it is called an ecumenical council because everyone was there and had a say. They prayed about this issue and searched the Scriptures and found it to be better to have it on Sunday than on whatever day of the week it feel on that year.

All your [] comments don't really add much to the arguement but I would say take away from the arguement because you show that you don't really understand what is going on. Such as where is their Christological authorization, they are the bishops of the church the disciples of the Apostles they have the authority from Christ and the Apostles to bind and loose, in accordance with Matthew 18:18.

And where did you get your sources?

Thread Information