cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

  1. #1

    Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Does Church history record the date when Antipas in Rev 2:13 was matryred?

  2. #2

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Does Church history record the date when Antipas in Rev 2:13 was matryred?
    May God bless you!

    "Antipas" was not a person, but a place!

    Rev 2:13
    I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

    Understand that “Antipas” was a sudo-name given for a region of Galilee, including the place “Perea” (a.k.a “Perga” or “Pergamos”), during the time of the rule of a certain king. “Antipas” is the “wherein” or “place”. The ruler of this area during “those days” spoken of (also when Jesus was crucified) was Herod Antipater (a.k.a. “Herod Antipas”, Herod was his title, Antipas was his name).

    “MY faithful martyr” (Christ Jesus is speaking here) was none other than John the Baptist. Herod Antipas is the ruler that martyred John the Baptist for Christ’s sake (Who Is The Word).

    Mat 11:7-15
    7And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
    8But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
    9But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
    10For this is he, of whom it is written, BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. (Malachi 3!)
    11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
    12And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
    14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
    15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

    Pray for wisdom!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah2 View Post
    May God bless you!

    "Antipas" is not a person, but a place!

    Rev 2:13
    I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

    Understand that “Antipas” was a sudo-name given for a region of Galilee, including the place “Perea” (a.k.a “Perga” or “Pergamos”), during the time of the rule of a certain king. “Antipas” is the “wherein” or “place”. The ruler of this area during “those days” spoken of (also when Jesus was crucified) was Herod Antipater (a.k.a. “Herod Antipas”, Herod was his title, Antipas was his name).

    “MY faithful martyr” (Christ Jesus is speaking here) was none other than John the Baptist. Herod Antipas is the ruler that martyred John the Baptist for Christ’s sake (Who Is The Word).

    Mat 11:7-15
    7And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
    8But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
    9But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
    10For this is he, of whom it is written, BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
    11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
    12And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
    14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
    15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

    Pray for wisdom!
    Perhaps perception comes from how words are written.
    In the scriptures i have holding in my hand it says this:

    2:13
    "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you where Satan dwells."

    If by these very words i used what you have said, then it would be saying King Herod was His faithful martyr who died where satan dwells.
    But by confirmation of the word we know King Herod was not His faithful martyr, which leads to conclussion that by the word i have typed, Antipas was Antipas who was killed among the brethren.
    John was beheaded, with and by the King and his people by reasoning of the young woman who seeked her mothers desires.
    This happened while Christ was fullfilling all that the Father commanded and walked with the Apostles.

  4. #4

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    I'm using KJV bible. I don't know what you are using, but be careful! Your bible sounds to be one of those that twists and changes the original words to make the Word itself watered down, trivial, void...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah2 View Post
    I'm using KJV bible. I don't know what you are using, but be careful! Your bible sounds to be one of those that twists and changes the original words to make the Word itself watered down, trivial, void...
    I am using the Nkjv.

    I will ask however, if perhaps you feel this version is wrong, the letter is regarding the churches, the doctrine of Balaam and of the Nicolaitians is all for the established church in Pergamos right?
    So if John was that faithful martyr spoken of, when was the church established here and who was Johns brethren that he was slain amongts?
    Was Jesus not still doing the Fathers will across the lands at this time with His disciples?

  6. #6

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlad22 View Post
    I am using the Nkjv.

    I will ask however, if perhaps you feel this version is wrong, the letter is regarding the churches, the doctrine of Balaam and of the Nicolaitians is all for the established church in Pergamos right?
    So if John was that faithful martyr spoken of, when was the church established here and who was Johns brethren that he was slain amongts?
    Was Jesus not still doing the Fathers will across the lands at this time with His disciples?
    It really surprises and shocks me to find that NKJV would be that far off from KJV!

    To learn more about what was going on at that time in Pergamos, please read Acts 12! This is the same Herod that was a part of Jesus crucifiction as well! (The crucified and risen Christ is Who is speaking in Revelation, but of course John was killed before Jesus was crucified... thus "those days..." as spoken in Revelation to the church at Pergamos).

    I recommend that you use something like Bible-gateway.com, and read from KJV!

    Pray for wisdom!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah2 View Post
    It really surprises and shocks me to find that NKJV would be that far off from KJV!

    To learn more about what was going on at that time in Pergamos, please read Acts 12! (The crucified and risen Christ is Who is speaking in Revelation, but of course John was killed before Jesus was crucified... thus "those days..." as spoken in Revelation to the church at Pergamos).

    I recommend that you use something like Bible-gateway.com, and read from KJV!

    Pray for wisdom!
    I just read it. 8)

    Where does it refer to the establishment of the church there in Johns time who you say is the faithful martyr in which He speaks?
    John wasnt killed amongts the church, which the letter is written for "was killed among you"

    Eh, lol, your post was changed as i was typing, i did not read the kjv one you gave a link to.

  8. #8

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Sorry, I meant to type "www.BibleGateway.com"

    Please try that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Also i would like to point out the letter are addressing those within the church who are holding fast and being part of these doctrines in thier lives, and are being asked to repent from such things.

    If it was a referrence to John as the martyr then the church would have had to have been established since he would have "died among them"

    I read the kjv version and still come to the same conclusion

    13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

    Does it not speak wherein as in the place of Satans seat where Antipas was my faithful martyr?

    So satans seat is in Pergamos in the refrence and Antipas was killed there among the brethren/ church people.

  10. #10

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Once again. The region is Antipas. Apparently, there were synogues in and around that area (Antioch, Perga, Pamphilia, etc...) However, know that "the church" is referring to "the out-called ones", and not to a building... Yes, John was alive and among the "out-called ones" as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    By the way thank you for the site to the kjv version, i didnt use it because i was already searching for it via Google, but i appreciate it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah2 View Post
    Once again. The region is Antipas. Apparently, there were synogues in and around that area (Antioch, Perga, Pamphilia, etc...) However, know that "the church" is referring to "the out-called ones", and not to a building...
    The letter is written to Pergamos (area, buildings and people)
    I agree the church isnt the building, but thats also what im pointing out to you. Antipas was a person a part of the church who was martyr'd among the brethren "wherein" satans seat is, which is by the addressing of the letter being to Pergamos, was in Pergamos.
    Antipas was the faithful martyr of Christ in Pergamos who was killed there among the brethren.
    Some of the brethren were following the doctrines of balaam and of the nicolitians and Christ is addressing them to repent and come back to Me.

  13. #13

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    If you read verse 2:13 in KJV, how can you have that conclusion??? Your statement "Antipas was the faithful martyr of Christ in Pergamos who was killed there among the brethren" is coming out of no where. Don't twist the words...

  14. #14

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Is it your belief that BOTH Herod AND another person (a believer) shared the same name???

    Because there was DEFINITELY a person named Herod Antipas who ruled during that time, AND he had an area named after him called "Antipas"... Both history and the bible proves these, but what proof do you have for this other person named "Antipas"???

    Just trying to reason with you in Christ...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ontario. canada
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Revelation 2:13 Antipas

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah2 View Post
    Is it your belief that BOTH Herod AND another person (a believer) shared the same name???

    Because there was DEFINITELY a person named Herod Antipas who ruled during that time, and he had an area named after him... Both history and the bible proves that, but what proof do you have for this other person named "Antipas"???

    Just trying to reason with you in Christ...
    Well its recorded in history and speculated upon that Antipas was actually the name of a servant in Christ and He was in Pergamos in the time they were worshipping idols and demons, and demanding those in Christ to denie Him.
    Antipas stood firm in Christ and was subject to being burned/boiled inside of a bronze ox for his faith in Jesus at roughly 92 A.D

    I understand, do not worry i am not of any unreasonable mind regarding our discussion, peace to you in our Lord Christ Jesus.

    I must however ask again, if the letter is to the church, being the people of Christ in Pergamos who some are allowing themselves to the doctrines of Balaam and the Nicolitians and you say John is that faitful martyr spoken of who died among his brothers (that is the church)
    How was the church established and following those doctrines where John was at that time and how did John die among the church if by scripture we can confirm that John was killed by Herod as Jesus was going forth in the will of the Father?
    Who was the church, how were they established and some of them following after those doctrines and who of them did John die among? (This all being while Christ was doing the ministry of the Father and well before pentecost)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Revelation 12
    By Saved7 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Feb 1st 2014, 06:38 PM
  2. Revelation 20:11-13
    By chad in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 20th 2013, 07:33 PM
  3. Revelation 14: 14-20
    By fontz in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 3rd 2009, 06:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •