cure-real
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Handguns You Like and Why

Re: Handguns You Like and Why

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    Well, the wife and I looked at the XD and one other gun which escapes me now and the Smith and Wesson M&P. We both very much liked the M&P immediately. Near the end of April, I set off to buy another 9mm and looked at about six different guns, but the third one I held was the HK P30. It cost more than any of the others, but once I held it, I simply couldn't pick any of the others. I bought it. I absolutely love the gun.

I've heard from one person and have read on a forum or two that HK's customer service to individuals is not very good. So hopefully I will never need it. But perhaps that will turn around, assuming it is so, and I have no reason to doubt it.

Nevertheless, what you will consistently read about the HK P30 in addition to its great quality and other characteristics is the grip. The comments about its grip range from close to perfect, to best of any grip of any gun to a pleasure to hold to do yourself a favor and hold this gun and experience it for yourself. I find them all to be true for me. When we bought the M&P, one of the things we liked so much in addition to the look and feel of the gun was the grip. It felt very good in our hands, but if I hold the M&P and then pick up the HK, I can't help but notice how much better the HK grip is.

But, as others have said, you should get the gun that is really right for you.
    Can't go wrong with H&K. Customer service being poor? Have no idea, never had to use it. Do not know of anyone else having to use it either. Usually when people have problems with customer service from any manufacturer it is because the consumer is trying to get the manufacturer to correct a problem that is not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BrckBrln View Post
    I wish they would have had a P30 at the Range, I would have liked to see one in person. How do you think it would feel for someone with pretty small hands like me?
    Well, you would not have a problem with it. Believe me. Check it out on the web. Not only does it have three different size backstraps but also three different size side panels. You can mix and match until the grip is just right for you. My hands are small too as I am only like 5'7", so I can't imagine you would have any problem with the gun fitting your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Can't go wrong with H&K. Customer service being poor? Have no idea, never had to use it. Do not know of anyone else having to use it either. Usually when people have problems with customer service from any manufacturer it is because the consumer is trying to get the manufacturer to correct a problem that is not their fault.
    Oftentimes that is so. The one person that told me of his experience was simply that he had to wait about three months to get a part. I would agree that is a very long time, but sometimes there are reasons for such things. I know my .22, a Browning, needed a part or two and they were ordered separately and still had both within two weeks or less.

Still, I am hoping I will never need customer service.

Blog Entries

I always liked my .44mag. Super Blackhawk with the 10 1/2 inch barrel. Single action didn't seem to make a lot of difference with the caliber in mind. I got rid of it, and got a Model 29 S&W 44 which was only a 6 inch barrel, it was balanced better and of course double action. I likes the 44 mag. It generally only takes one 180 grain hollow point bullet to get the job done.
    Hell....the nightmare you can't wake up from.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Another handgun thread

Well, we are getting a new handgun, it's not for home defense or anything like that, but rather for range and target shooting, I've shot many Glocks before, but looking for something else, what brands do you prefer, we wanna get a 9mm, nothing bigger, nothing smaller, no revolvers either. Just 9mm plain and simple.Any advice?
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Blog Entries

Re: Another handgun thread

You will be hard pressed to find a better all around 9mm pistol then the Baretta 92 (I assume you are looking for a full size / range gun).

Of course there are a lot of great handguns to choose from, and lots of opinions... 9/10ths of what will work for you is what works for YOU.

The more guns you can shoot, the better you will be able to choose...
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    You will be hard pressed to find a better all around 9mm pistol then the Baretta 92 (I assume you are looking for a full size / range gun).

Of course there are a lot of great handguns to choose from, and lots of opinions... 9/10ths of what will work for you is what works for YOU.

The more guns you can shoot, the better you will be able to choose...
    You read my mind, this is the one I've been looking at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter121 View Post
    You read my mind, this is the one I've been looking at.
    I have shot a bunch of them... mine has over 20,000 rounds (mostly 115 grain ball ammo)... much of it gov.

It shoots cheap ammo WELL, Wolf, UMC, steel case... pretty much anything.

If it has ever had a failure to fire, I don't remember it. It has never jammed, takes seconds to break down and clean...

I like the safety (I don't use them on most guns, but like the de-cocker on this one).
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Get a better looking Beretta, the PX4 Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    I have shot a bunch of them... mine has over 20,000 rounds (mostly 115 grain ball ammo)... much of it gov.

It shoots cheap ammo WELL, Wolf, UMC, steel case... pretty much anything.

If it has ever had a failure to fire, I don't remember it. It has never jammed, takes seconds to break down and clean...

I like the safety (I don't use them on most guns, but like the de-cocker on this one).
    Good to know it's that reliable and durable. I'll definitely look Into it more.

Quote Originally Posted by BrckBrln View Post
    Get a better looking Beretta, the PX4 Storm.
    Your right that's awesome. Also quick question for you both, what Is the standard clip capacity for both weapons

This is my handgun of choice:

Crosman-357-revolver_CR-3576W_pistol_sm.jpg
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Has anyone shot the xdm 9mm?? If so what do you think about it?

Your right that's awesome. Also quick question for you both, what Is the standard clip capacity for both weapons
    The full size PX4 is 17 rounds. The 92FS is 15 rounds.

Has anyone shot the xdm 9mm?? If so what do you think about it?
    I've only shot an XD subcompact in 9mm. I've heard great things about the XDM's. Sure do look good.

Here's some other good suggestions in the same price range.

Sig SP2022

This is high on my list when I buy a gun. It's only about 400 bucks.

Walther PPQ

Oh yeah those are both pretty guns, I'll have to look more into them, but last question, what do you guys think about the cz 75 (and different versions of it) it looks great to me it's just the price range that is really iffy.

Thread Information