cure-real
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Handguns You Like and Why

Blog Entries

Re: Another handgun thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter121 View Post
    Oh yeah those are both pretty guns, I'll have to look more into them, but last question, what do you guys think about the cz 75 (and different versions of it) it looks great to me it's just the price range that is really iffy.

I have never shot the cz 75 but have heard great things about them.... was there a fan here? Another 'issue' weapon that has been subject to lots of testing, and abuse... and held up.... so there is that.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    You will be hard pressed to find a better all around 9mm pistol then the Baretta 92 (I assume you are looking for a full size / range gun).

Of course there are a lot of great handguns to choose from, and lots of opinions... 9/10ths of what will work for you is what works for YOU.

The more guns you can shoot, the better you will be able to choose...
    The only problem is they are not accurate. Dependable? Heck yeah! Accurate? not really.
    I wish they were because I have two of them. The barrels are so loose they simply can not hold a decent group. The design of the pistol intentionally sacrificed accuracy for reliability.

I have never shot the cz 75 but have heard great things about them.... was there a fan here? Another 'issue' weapon that has been subject to lots of testing, and abuse... and held up.... so there is that.
    I am the CZ fan. They are deadly accurate. 250,000 rounds is its typical military service life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    The only problem is they are not accurate. Dependable? Heck yeah! Accurate? not really.
    Most folks consider those who blame their tools to be poor craftsmen...

Most shooters will never (really) be able to blame their gun... I know I can not.... other then an old shot out .38 (sent the wad cutters tumbling so bad they tore the target in half).
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Most folks consider those who blame their tools to be poor craftsmen...

Most shooters will never (really) be able to blame their gun... I know I can not.... other then an old shot out .38 (sent the wad cutters tumbling so bad they tore the target in half).
    I agree. I would not have even brought it up if he had not said he wanted a gun for target shooting and not personal defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    I agree. I would not have even brought it up if he had not said he wanted a gun for target shooting and not personal defense.

Oh you took that much better then I expected.

... wait, what is that flashing blue light parked out by the road?

I think were going to go with a cz brand.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter121 View Post
    I think were going to go with a cz brand.
    GUNS, more guns, I love guns...mwhoahahaha...mwhoahahaha (evil laugh) ....cough, cough....

I shot a standard CZ and a SP shadow the other day. The SP had a fibre optic competition FS on, bright as an african sunrise...amaaaazing!

Fondled the S&W M&P also...if I had to choose over, I may have considered it for a SD gun. The grip is great and I like the aggressive pattern on the slide. I shot the Gen 4 Glock 19 and 17 as well. I'm not sold on the Gen 4's yet and I still like my Gen 3 G19 more.

Yeah cz 75 seems to be a crowd pleaser.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces

I am also a CZ 75 fan:

Not a handgun, but I am just about ready to bring home my first personal assault rifle, a WASR-10:

I'm already planning a number of modifications and I have an ammunition source where I can get 1,000 rounds for $250.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

The hangun I've most enjoyed using thus far is the USP 45. Though all this talk of the CZ75 has piqued my interests.
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Shot the Ruger Blackhawk in .44 Mag that belonged to my son and it was not pleasant to shoot. I currently have a Ruger Vacquero in 44-40 Win. and it shoots much better than I can shoot it. (I am a long gun kind of guy) Also have a CZ (don't remember the model) in .32 auto. Kind of interesting, this thing has the German Eagle stamped on the bolt, I inherited it and think it was a trophy from WWII. Got a couple of others including an Astra 400 in 9mm, another war trophy.

Thread Information