cure-real

Thread: Recently Born Again

Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland, United States

Recently Born Again

Hello i recently got saved in Febuary and the devil has been trying his best to get me back in my old ignorant ways. He attacks me at my weakes either with sexual thoughts or putting doubt in CHRIST JESUS. The sexual thought or lust i dont mind because i know one day God will set me free from this spirit and its getting better day by day. I have a problem when the devil puts little seed of doubt in my mind about Christ. Funny thing is i always believed in God and Christ but never acted like i did so the devil never bothered me cuz i was acting a fool. But now since i fully commited to Christ he put doubts in my head is Jesus real? did he come back from the dead? is all my labor for vain? I was wondering did any of you guys deal with this as well when you got saved in the first few months?

Re: Recently Born Again

Hi Allen Flowers, I'm not sure if this is exactly the appropriate verse to tell you but .. It's written in Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The following is a quote by Mark W. Hamilton from this website: http://www.wineskins.org/filter.asp?...=39&co_key=516

About Doubt:

Not only are doubt and disbelief not synonymous, they may be opposites. To disbelieve is to conclude that ideas or beliefs are false. To doubt, on the other hand, is to experience uncertainty, even profound questioning of widely held beliefs or ideas. While disbelief may mean rejecting God, doubt involves only uncertainty. Doubt, in fact, is necessary for a growing faith.

Bible itself embraces doubters like Job and even extols them as models of the faithful search for greater understanding and growth. The book places doubt in its proper perspective as the inevitable result of human limitations—we are not God and do not have perfect access to God’s entire mind or will.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland, United States

thanks for the inspiration i appreciated.

Im well tuned in ephesians 6:12 how its not us but the evil and good spirits. That when i leave it to christ to battle for me, cuz i cant do it on my own

Can you expand on doubt is neccessary for a growing faith i know what you mean but can you go deeper in that if you can?

Great to meet you, Allen, and welcome to the board.

I think you'll find our Growing in Christ forum a great place to post your questions and discuss this important matter.

Be seeing you around the place and Lord Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Flowers View Post
    thanks for the inspiration i appreciated.

Im well tuned in ephesians 6:12 how its not us but the evil and good spirits. That when i leave it to christ to battle for me, cuz i cant do it on my own

Can you expand on doubt is neccessary for a growing faith i know what you mean but can you go deeper in that if you can?
    The following another quote by Mark W. Hamilton

Since humans are thinking beings, we persistently question our ideas and interpretations of reality. Not to do so is to wither, to die. Christians search for deeper understanding because we recognize that, in our human frailty, we do not have a broad enough grasp on reality. Only God can comprehend things as they are. Scripture gives us the best available vision of the way God perceives reality. We will always know in part, at least until the End when all of God’s creation will experience the redemption for which it groans. The intensity of our belief in any given feature of Christianity may vary, even while we continue prayerfully to trust in the God to whom the church’s (and the Bible’s) words and ideas point. Doubt does occur, whether we like it or not, within the life of faith.

The doubt that accompanies faith leads us to new insights that we would not have acquired had we settled for the old answers.

Blog Entries

No doubt, Satan like to mess with your head, so no, your not along in that. But keep fighting the good fight. Jesus is real, He did live, die, was resurrected, and ascended to heaven. Just keep your nose, and heart, in the Bible.

Welcome to the board!!!

Blog Entries

Follow Jesus. He didn't die for you and save you to drop you again. So just stick with Him and do what He tells you to do.

Make sure you meet with other Christians on a regular basis, and open yourself up to your brothers and sisters because we're not supposed to live the Christian life alone. Allow yourself to get discipled by people who are stronger in the faith than you and who can support you with their wisdom and knowledge and help you along the way so you grow up and become a mature believer in the Lord Jesus.

Welcome to the family, and welcome to the forums!

Blog Entries

Welcome Allen, I struggled greatly, but the Lord was magnified in my suffering,which was nothing compared to Jesus's suffering, I use to mourn my suffering. Now I am grateful to have suffered for him. There is no greater honor than to glorify God by His Grace in us. I struggled with deep depresssion, Post traumatic stress disorder, homosexuality. I am joyful to serve the Lord and acknowledge his sending the Comforter and fellow servants in Christ to give me discipleship. God Bless you and I pray for you. Everyone here is telling you good advice. Believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Flowers View Post
    Hello i recently got saved in Febuary and the devil has been trying his best to get me back in my old ignorant ways. He attacks me at my weakes either with sexual thoughts or putting doubt in CHRIST JESUS. The sexual thought or lust i dont mind because i know one day God will set me free from this spirit and its getting better day by day. I have a problem when the devil puts little seed of doubt in my mind about Christ. Funny thing is i always believed in God and Christ but never acted like i did so the devil never bothered me cuz i was acting a fool. But now since i fully commited to Christ he put doubts in my head is Jesus real? did he come back from the dead? is all my labor for vain? I was wondering did any of you guys deal with this as well when you got saved in the first few months?
    Welcome here, friend. Yes, Satan will always harass believers, but the Lord Jesus is greater and can help us overcome him. If we walk and talk with our Savior all day, Satan will flee (James 4:7). I was in the AF years ago, mostly in Georgia. Write me at my profile if you wish to chat about the Lord and His Word. Look up!

- 1 Watchman

Welcome........
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I am so glad you have joined Bible Forums!
    You are not alone in this, I think we all struggle from time to time.
    I look forward to getting to know you on the boards.
    Lord bless, T

Thread Information