cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello I am Greybeard / X-Jehovah Witness who found Christ...

Re: Hello I am Greybeard / X-Jehovah Witness who found Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Really? Is it wrong to say JW or Jehovah Witness? If so I'm sorry I missed that...
    No, no, not at all. It just depends on whether the person posting is supporting their doctrine. Even then, it would be allowed in certain areas. It's just a review process with new members.

Ok thank you. Just trying to understand. Maybe someone thought I was supporting the JW's. Is there a statement of beliefs anywhere on this forum? Anything that shows what the moderators believe or the originator of this web site. I really like the site. It is very nice...

Here's a policy and forum rules link. I'll get you the statement of faith here in a few minutes:

http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php/32-Board-Rules

And I'm glad you like it here. It is a nice community with people from all different backgrounds and denominations. It's a great place to grow.

Blog Entries
    Moonglow,

I tried to post on Areopagus forum. Looks like it finally went through though... thank you One other quick question, is there a easy way to see where I posted in the past so I can follow up?
    Also if you look at the upper right hand of the page (doesn't matter where you are on the board either btw), you will see the word, 'settings'...its next to log out and some other options. Click on 'settings'. That takes you to your personal page where it shows all the threads you have posted on. Any time you post a comment to another post...or start a new post, you are automatically 'subscribed' to it...so it shows up under your setting. You can click on them right from the setting page and it will take you to that thread...usually to the last comment made so you might have to scroll up to see all the comments if their are alot.

Also on that same 'setting' page, if you scroll all the way down you can see any reps you have received by other members. When someone gives you a rep, your yellow box next to your username will go from yellow to blue and as you get more reps you will get more blue boxes. You can see what post you did that someone gave you a positive comment on (rep) and what they said about your post. This is all private...no one can see these except you.

To the left on your settings page are other options...everything from adding an AV picture (like my bubble picture that I am about to change) to setting up your profile page to look the way you want it too. To further understand this click on my username moonglow (or anyone's..though not everyone has their profile set up) and then click on profile when it comes up under my name. Then you can see how I set up my profile page. Check out some others...you can pick your own background..post photo's...etc.

Hope this helps!

I will check out your new post.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Yes that helps, thank you both very much!

This seems to be the only forum I can post on where it will go up right away. I was told my profile page says I am 81. I am not, I am 48. I click on profile page at top right or my name and it tells me I have no access. However I can see my edit profile page in settings. It doesn't say I am 81 here. Something must be wrong not sure...

Thanks,
    Your brother in Christ,
    Greybeard

Blog Entries

This seems to be the only forum I can post on where it will go up right away. I was told my profile page says I am 81. I am not, I am 48. I click on profile page at top right or my name and it tells me I have no access. However I can see my edit profile page in settings. It doesn't say I am 81 here. Something must be wrong not sure...

Thanks,
    Your brother in Christ,
    Greybeard
    Well hopefully Vhayes will come back on here and see you are having problems and let the admin know cause I can't help you on that. When my son joined last summer he was able to post on another forum right away (the teen form) so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyway that makes more sense that you are 48 and not 81 though..lol. I have seen ages on youtube that went into the hundreds! So I don't know if youtube has a bug or what...
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Greybeard -

Here is a link:
    http://bibledatabase.com/belief.html

It reads as follows:

There is one God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things seen and unseen.
    There is one savior, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin.
    God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one, triune God and co-exist from eternity to eternity.
    Jesus Christ suffered death by crucifixion on our behalf at Calvary so that we may be saved.
    After three days, he rose again, ascended into heaven and is seated at the Right hand of God.
    All men are lost and are unable to save themselves.
    Salvation comes only by way of acceptance of Jesus Christ as one’s personal Lord and Savior.
    The name of Jesus Christ is the only name given under heaven whereby men can be saved.
    Salvation is a free gift of the Father and cannot be earned.
    The Holy Spirit came with power at Pentecost. His gifts are bestowed on all believers at the Father's pleasure.
    The fruits of the Spirit are the mark of every Christian.
    Jesus Christ will return to judge the living and the dead.
    When He returns, those who died in Him will be resurrected to life.
    Believers look forward to the resurrection of the body.
    The Bible is the authoritative, inerrant Word of God.

I will let admin know you are having problems.

V

Greybeard -

Another moderator suggested you try the following:

At the top of any page, click on SETTINGS.
    On the left side of SETTINGS page, scroll down to MY SETTINGS.
    Click on EDIT PROFILE.

There you can start over and make corrections that may have occurred. Make sure you have something chosen in the ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN, or you may not have access to all the forums.
    Try this and see if that helps. If yes, we are all good. If not, I will alert one of the administrators of the board to the issue.
    V

Blog Entries

This seems to be the only forum I can post on where it will go up right away. I was told my profile page says I am 81. ..... It doesn't say I am 81 here.
    Greybeard
    It does not say 81 anywhere
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Holding pattern awaiting further instructions
    Blog Entries

Welcome ..............................................
    Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, ‘For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.’ No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Rm 8:35-39

Greybeard, who told you your profile said you were 81? Could they have been joking?

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's missed but finally thriving again!
    Blog Entries

You need to be here for 7 days before you can see your profile.........

Love you,
    Mieke
    Just to know You and to make You known
    We lift Your name on High
    Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
    We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
    It's time for us to more than just survive
    We were made to thrive

Casting Crowns

Yes I did check Christian and Moonglow said my profile age was 81...

Thanks for your help
    Your brother in Christ,
    Greybeard

Blog Entries
    Yes I did check Christian and Moonglow said my profile age was 81...

Thanks for your help
    Your brother in Christ,
    Greybeard
    No..I said on your youtube page it says your age is 81. Not on here. Sorry about the confusion everyone!

Thread Information