cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Financial blessings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Financial blessings

    Why do you think God decides to bless some people with financial blessings, above and beyond their needs and wants, and other Christians have to continually struggle?!

    I don't accept the explanation that God does it just because, or because He is God. Surely there must be some reason for it. Also, are Christians who have a lot of money aware of how discouraging it is for those of us who have to struggle, when they share about the abundant financial blessings that God has bestowed on them?!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Everywhere I go, there I am.
    Posts
    21,013

    Re: Financial blessings

    Maybe to keep the people who lament not having looking to HIM instead of to themselves?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Financial blessings

    Well, what did you and God agree upon before this struggle of yours started? My response would be that He is specifically answering your prayers for certain things that have actually zero to do with money. Money is just money. You have it, great, you don't have it, oh well. You don't struggle with it, great, you struggle with it, oh well. There's weightier matters and eternal things, and the trick is to be content in all things because circumstances change, and quickly.

    I belive you're still looking at outward things but comparing apples to bananas and things that may look similar but have in reality nothing to do with one another.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Cornhusker State
    Posts
    217

    Re: Financial blessings

    I only need to know that He provides for me. He has shown me how to find happiness in the things that I just took for granted in the past. I don't have much but I'm happy.

    Besides if He gave me a bunch of money I would just blow it on stupid stuff!!
    Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up
    James 4:10

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Well, what did you and God agree upon before this struggle of yours started? My response would be that He is specifically answering your prayers for certain things that have actually zero to do with money. Money is just money. You have it, great, you don't have it, oh well. You don't struggle with it, great, you struggle with it, oh well. There's weightier matters and eternal things, and the trick is to be content in all things because circumstances change, and quickly.

    I belive you're still looking at outward things but comparing apples to bananas and things that may look similar but have in reality nothing to do with one another.
    I know what you're saying, Dani, and you're right...I guess I just am wondering why some Christians who have so much think it will encourage other Christians when they brag about how much God has given them. It just seems insensitive to me.

    It sort of brings back the mentality of sibling rivalry, if you will. Think about it -- one child gets a new Mercedes for Christmas, and the other gets a fruit-of-the-month club membership. Wouldn't it be normal for child #2 to be sort of disappointed and ask "why?" The only reasonable explanation is the parent loves one kid more than the other, or something else is going on -- and since God showsa no partiality, I am just trying to figure out what's going on, is all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by waslostnowfound View Post
    I only need to know that He provides for me. He has shown me how to find happiness in the things that I just took for granted in the past. I don't have much but I'm happy.

    Besides if He gave me a bunch of money I would just blow it on stupid stuff!!
    You people are not understanding what I'm getting at!!! It all comes down to love. We are all God's children and supposedly God loves us equally. What if for Christmas you got a pair of socks, and your sibling got a mansion?! Would you just say "oh, well, at least I know my parents love me" or would you wonder WHY they seem to favor your brother over you?!

    I don't care so much about the money thing....never did......but I DO care about the possibility that God loves others more than He loves me. I don't believe my father ever loved me, and I guess I am projecting those feelings onto God. I have to rebuke them all the time, but they still surface.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Financial blessings

    Well ... don't attend every competition you're invited to.

    Also, guard your heart against envy and jealousy at any and all cost.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    Maybe to keep the people who lament not having looking to HIM instead of to themselves?
    I'm sorry. I don't know what this means

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Well ... don't attend every competition you're invited to.

    Also, guard your heart against envy and jealousy at any and all cost.
    I know....its hard

    Maybe some people are called to suffer?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Financial blessings

    Financial hardship is only one hardship of a countless many ways a person can encounter hardship and challenge in their lives.

    Start looking beyond the surface and see the things people aren't telling you, and minister to them there.

    In financially better off nations, we think mammon is the way to go and that God's blessings are tied to financial wealth. Which is complete hokey, honestly.

    If you want to find the most blessed person alive on this earth today, look for that person who has the presence JESUS with them 24/7. That's the person who has God HIMSELF, and that's the person that is truly blessed with something that nobody can take away from them.

    I just want God Himself. That's it. And whatever He has to take me through, to give me more of Himself, to get rid of my attachments to this crummy life on this fallen planet ... go right ahead. Because to me, nothing makes sense without Him, and given the choice between living with Jesus in a cardboard box and living without Him in a palace ... I've made my choice. Long ago.

    Have you made yours?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Truthfully, Dani, sometimes I wonder. A lot of times, I believe that God wants me to suffer. Every prayer He answers entails some sort of suffering. I prayed to get my daughter back -- she was taken out of the country and I lost touch with her. I have prayed for provision -- I end up not being able to eat for days. I pray for a job -- but I end up getting my drivers license suspended because I cannot afford to pay on a ticket, and now I can't even drive to work if I get a job. Everything I pray for, it seems God brings calamity my way. Right now I am on food stamps and feel like a complete and total failure.....but having the knowledge that God has called me to suffering might give me some sort of logical explanation.

    I praise Him because I believe He is worthy of praise, and I will continue to praise Him, but I am just asking if maybe some people are called to suffer. How can I NOT get discouraged sometimes. I also think it is a lot harder when all of your Christian friends seem to be blessed left and right, and for some reason God is witholding from you.

    Then, I have Christians who I admire and respect spewing prosperity gospel down my throat -- if I only had more faith, then God would bless me financially. After all, that is what He promised in His word.

    I am trying so hard to look to God right now, and I am clinging to Him with what little faith I have.

    I just wish that Christians who are wealthy wouldn't brag about their blessings -- or tell me that I am not being blessed because of something I am doing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Everywhere I go, there I am.
    Posts
    21,013

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Equipped_4_Love View Post
    You people are not understanding what I'm getting at!!! It all comes down to love. We are all God's children and supposedly God loves us equally. What if for Christmas you got a pair of socks, and your sibling got a mansion?! Would you just say "oh, well, at least I know my parents love me" or would you wonder WHY they seem to favor your brother over you?!

    I don't care so much about the money thing....never did......but I DO care about the possibility that God loves others more than He loves me. I don't believe my father ever loved me, and I guess I am projecting those feelings onto God. I have to rebuke them all the time, but they still surface.
    This will never, ever get better until you stop comparing another's life and circumstances with your own.

    Keep your focus on JESUS and YOU. Jesus does not have "favorites" yet you want to BE that favorite. It will never happen. He loves you. Be content and GROW in that love.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Financial blessings

    Sistergirl, EVERYBODY is suffering in SOME way. It's not because GOD has called us to it but because we live on a sin-filled planet.

    EVERYBODY has challenges in their lives.

    And honestly, financial "suffering" in this country is something that a person in another country would trade with you in a heartbeat because there's people living on top of garbage dumps in metal huts, and those are the blessed ones cause at least they got some resemblance of a roof over their head! If you own a pair of shoes you are among the 10% (matter of fact I think it's even less than that) most sickenly blessed people groups in the world!

    Kick the lid off and go global. Worship the God of the whole Earth and walk with Him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    This will never, ever get better until you stop comparing another's life and circumstances with your own.

    Keep your focus on JESUS and YOU. Jesus does not have "favorites" yet you want to BE that favorite. It will never happen. He loves you. Be content and GROW in that love.
    Sorry, sister, but you are wrong on this point. If God had favorites, I certainly would not be one of them -- but He doesn't so I can rest easy!!! That was my point.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial blessings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Sistergirl, EVERYBODY is suffering in SOME way. It's not because GOD has called us to it but because we live on a sin-filled planet.

    EVERYBODY has challenges in their lives.

    And honestly, financial "suffering" in this country is something that a person in another country would trade with you in a heartbeat because there's people living on top of garbage dumps in metal huts, and those are the blessed ones cause at least they got some resemblance of a roof over their head! If you own a pair of shoes you are among the 10% (matter of fact I think it's even less than that) most sickenly blessed people groups in the world!

    Kick the lid off and go global. Worship the God of the whole Earth and walk with Him.
    Yes, this is true......and I have said "Here am I, send me" to Him for quite some time now.

    I cannot wait to go. I guess my point is I just don't understand why people who have so much think it's a blessing to others when they brag about their wealth.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blessings to you !
    By Karene in forum Comfort and encouragement
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 25th 2009, 09:51 PM
  2. Blessings everyone!
    By wanting_peace in forum Christians Answer
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 11th 2009, 12:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •