cure-real

Thread: Does the Bible warn us about us being deceived?

Hybrid View

Does the Bible warn us about us being deceived?

I'm talking about people trying to take us away from our belief in God, trying to prove the Bible being false, evolution, stuff like that. Any bible verses warning us about these people?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballforhim View Post
    I'm talking about people trying to take us away from our belief in God, trying to prove the Bible being false, evolution, stuff like that. Any bible verses warning us about these people?
    There are so many warnings in the bible for false teachings, etc, I don't know where to begin? Of course people are going to try to get you to quit believing in Christ...they say they want to save us from our delusions...but if they were that concerned you would think they would be nicer about it.

Romans 1

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[i] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.

2 Corinthians 6
    14 Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can goodness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and the Devil ? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever?

Matthew 7:15
    “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves

Acts 20:29
    I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock.

Matthew 24:4-6

4 Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many.

Romans 16:17-19

Paul’s Final Instructions
    17 And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people’s faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them. 18 Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests. By smooth talk and glowing words they deceive innocent people. 19 But everyone knows that you are obedient to the Lord. This makes me very happy. I want you to be wise in doing right and to stay innocent of any wrong.

Colossians 2

1 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. 2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. 3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

4 I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments. 5 For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.

Knowing the bible helps with this so you can't be deceived.

There are more but that ought to give you a good start...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Does the Bible warn us about us being deceived?

Pretty much everywhere in the bible we should never let these people deceive us, we have to stay true and strong to God.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Re: Does the Bible warn us about us being deceived?

This one summarizes it:
    "I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. Romans 16:17 "

Do not be fooled by plausible arguments of worldly wisdom. Please know that worldly wisdom is completely different from spiritual wisdom.

"Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:20-31 "

Thread Information