cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know each other.

Getting to know each other.

Alright lets be real, there is not a lot of young people here (I'm not talking about 18 and above) I'm talking about the YOUNG people, so if your young let's here your story, a little about yourself, so we young people can stay connected. I'll start, my name is hunter of course and I live in tn, I like all types of sports, as well as reading and studying the bible, my family life is good, as well as my school and social life, although I'm not a fan of math. It's just not a fun subject . I hold 2 groups, which is "reconnection and help" and "bible study." Well thats a little about myself let's here about you all.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Re: Getting to know each other.

hey!hi! hello! this is so exciting! i used to get on here every week and check this sub-forum but then i retired so, my names Katy.Nice to meet you Hunter. I'm from Ohio. My story is pretty similar to yours until the math part and after that. I like math,i'm homeshooled, a crazy/shy person, im totally not an organized, responsible, leader person. but God has been using those weakness in me so i do that. And thats a little about me.

Great, finally someone posted it's a coincidence that I saw this thread because I haven't checked this forum in forever because no one posts here, but I just happen to stumble across it. Nonetheless I'm glad someone decided to show up. So your good at math, maybe you can tutor me sometime cause I'm not quite that good in it

I'm also glad there is another young person in here, it's basically just you and me on this site, I know younger kids but they never get on anymore.

So what grade are you in, I'm guessing junior, possibly a sophomore?

But in all nice to meet you as well

yay! I'm so glad you found the thread! And yes i am a junior! You as well? um. favorite color? do you like kangaroos? Do you love Veggie Tales? This is good one- favorite book of the Bible?

I'm a sophomore, huh favorite color is a toughy, I guess blue? Kangaroos are nice but it's wallabies who got it all figured out. I haven't seen much veggie tales ***sigh*** so I can't give you a good idea. But the last one is literally impossible to answer, I love all of the gospel, I love job, Jonah, Jeremiah, kings, psalms, proverbs, revelations and I love just about every letter John sent.

So yeah, Wby, what stuff are you into.

[QUOTE I haven't seen much veggie tales ***sigh*** so I can't give you a good idea.
    Oh my, this is a tragedy! You must have been a deprived child. Its okay though, you can still get Veggie Tales at your local library
    stuff i am into? hum... soccer is my favoritest sport, I absoultly love IHOP (the International House of Prayer) if you have one near you, you absolutly have to go. i love music- contemporary christian. I'm into like outreach and the e word (evangelism) things. how about you?

Okay favorite sport, uhmm football, I'm an outdoor person, like swimming, biking, running. We have an ihop the restaurant, and same about the rest. And well I guess I was deprived as a child so yeah, that's bout it I guess. anymore questions?

yes! the outdoors is great -my goal is to do a triatholon sometime in the next few years(we have a small local one that's annual). you know the other amazing thing is sleeping under the stars, i love doing that, whenever we go camping i always claim sleeping on the picnic table. Ooo, and star spinning, it's while your stareing at a star you spin around really fast and then you try to walk in a straight line or try walking towards on obeject.oh, that is crazy-fun! That is such a great open-ended question! That you'll wish you never asked. Cause I love asking random questions, its a hobby of mine; like from someones color of tooth brush to ketchup or mustard on the hamburger.Oh i just thought of a good one what is your favorite smilie / icon thing? okay,really, just tell me not to ask anymore questions, i could go on for years Actually thats not to far from the truth. A girl i meet at camp four years ago -we would email each other three random questions every other week or so for quite awhile actually stopped about last year around this time but we still keep in contact (it was actually her birthday today and i sent her the link to Tim Hawkins- smells like Birthday cake) which leads to the question have you heard of Tim Hawkins? Do you like his comedy? (he's a christian comeidian) Do you like listening to christian comedians? are you a humerous type person that laughs at corny jokes?

A triathlon nice, and I love sleeping under the stars, it's great especially when it's a clear night. And star spinning sounds awesome too, I'll have to remember that the next time I see stars.

Okay favorite smily let's see... and

I don't know who Tim Hawkins is but I love comedy, corny jokes are so funny in an awkward conversation, you should try it sometimes when a convo is stale or kinda awkward try a corny joke.

good one!!! that is genius! I'm so going to do it! i'll tell you how it goes! btw Nice smily selection! you know something that is really funny is ReverendFun.com they have the greatest cartoons- just go to the archives!

Checking it out now. So questions, you know about me let's hear about you.

Favorite color

Favorite band

Favorite subject in (home)school

Favorite restaurant

Favorite show or channel

Favorite place to go/visited

Favorite hobbies (besides camping, stargazing, soccer...stuff you already said)

Zodiac sign

Favorite book(s) of the bible

Favorite animal

What exactly do you do at an IHOP, pray???

yay!! i love questions!
    1. it has always been purple. when i was little, people were always changing their favorite color and i decided mine would always be purple. And it is to this day. But orange isn't too far behind. And it has to be like a rich purple. Neon Green is a favorite too.
    2. My favorite band is Third Day, kind of. I mean it's kind of an unfair question cause like for worship music it would be Chris Tomlin or Starfield ;running music- Group One Crew ect.
    3. besides Bible class,(btw i watch classes via dvd for homeschool) History, love the History!
    4. The golden corral - you can't go wrong with a dessert buffet . or Cici's pizza has the unlimited cinnamon rolls. ( but really, I'm not that much of a junk food junkie; in general I'm a "healthy" eater
    5. TBN is The best!! Travel the Road is my favorite show- an amazing missionary documentary!!!!!
    6. North Carolina was one of my favorite vacation spots cause they have the beach and the mountains.
    7. i enjoy learning sign language
    8. I don't really know what Zodiac signs are but I goggled it. I love just enjoying the stars and my two favorites to find (or the two that i happen to find most often)would probably be Orion and Cassiopeia. I have a love for the sky in general. The clouds remind me of the presence of God and the stars-sometimes I like looking at them like we are lights for Christ in a dark world like the stars are lights in the dark sky. - and that’s something else about me: I am a total analogy freak! I absolutely love analogies!
    9. hummmmm…Who would ask a question like that? Oh, if I have to chose… Psalms, Isaiah, Ezekiel, John, Romans, Ephesians, 1Peter
    10. penguins and giraffes
    11. yeah, and praying scripture, reading scripture, singing scripture, worship, journal, meditate. Their main mission is unceasing prayer and worship to God. I'm not too familiar with Ihop yet but last month I went to a regional conference they had here in Ohio and it was there the Lord gave me a newsong(psalm33:3-5). Also I found out there is a house of prayer only about half hour from where I live and I am so excited about starting to go there on a regular basis. And these "houses of prayer" are a place where the Holy Spirit moves so mightily and you have a freedom to worship God with your whole being. like at this conference you've got people-a lot of them young people -speaking in tongues, dancing, on their knees, waving flags, jumping up and down, drawing art, lying down, standing up, and your all there worshiping God.-it’s a beautiful thing .

Wow, good answers any for me or did you already ask all you got.

yay! i love asking questions!
    well i'll ask the questions i didn't ask you already that you asked me cause those were good questions...
    So your favorite..
    band
    subject
    restaurant
    show
    vacation spot
    other hobbies (besides football, running, biking and swimming) btw i forgot to include in mine making things with duct tape- i am a duct tape fan!
    animal

and then..
    what is your favorite season?
    favorite fictional book?
    favorite Christmas song?
    Do you like chalk? and/or crayons?

Ok
    Uhm I guess reliant k, but I love that song "born in Bethlehem" by third day

Subject would be, weights lol no seriously our school has a subject where litterally we workout

restaurant is a hard one, I have a lot like asuka, ohcharlys, logans, etc. I've never been to golden corral as crazy as that seems.

Like I said before I'm an outdoorsy person so I don't watch a lot of tv. So I really cant tell you.

Vacation is probably Mexico, but also going to gatlinburg and snowboarding and stuff is really fun.

Other hobbies is basically anything that's doing something. if that makes sense

Favorite season is summer, although having a snowball fight is a lot of fun too.

Favorite fictional book (besides the bible) would probably have to be a biography about Jewish boy during ww2 who was in a concentration and labor camp all throughout the war and managed to survive. (cant rememeber the title)

Favorite Christmas song uhhmm Feliz nabida (I think thats how you spell it)

Do I like crayons physically? Well they are colorful I guess if your wondering if I like to draw I kinda do, though I'm not really good at it.

Thread Information