cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam both male and female.

Adam both male and female.

Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God made both male and female and called THEM adam. When I keep that in mind when reading of Adam AND Eve it shows something.

Re: Adam both male and female.

Quote Originally Posted by fewarechosen View Post
    Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God made both male and female and called THEM adam. When I keep that in mind when reading of Adam AND Eve it shows something.
    Ok, I'll bite: what does it show you ?

Father bless, and have mercy on all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreMercy View Post
    Ok, I'll bite: what does it show you ?

Father bless, and have mercy on all of us.
    Not sure if there is much to bite on. I know Adam is both male and female so out of Adam(both male and female) was Eve taken.

the ADAM in garden was both male and female not one male.

so its nothing outside of scripture just makes me ponder much.

Adam both male and female
    The simple answer.....

No.

Mankind was created before they appeared on the earth. Notice God made them, then God formed them.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    The simple answer.....

No.

Mankind was created before they appeared on the earth. Notice God made them, then God formed them.
    I take scripture at its word i guess Adam was created both male and female. and They were named adam.

and YES adam(both male and female) was formed from the dirt. both scriptures are true .

i should edit the above because its not to say adam was both genders in one its to say Adam is a THEY both male and female.

Not sure if there is much to bite on. I know Adam is both male and female so out of Adam(both male and female) was Eve taken.

the ADAM in garden was both male and female not one male.
    I can see how one might understand it that way but, I do not see the scripture saying that Adam was composed of both male and female, but saying that both Adam and Eve were titled by Him as Adam or literally: (red complected man)

so its nothing outside of scripture just makes me ponder much.
    Pondering scripture is good, very good and very profitable. And sharing the results of those ponderings is just as good and just as profitable for all of us, not just the one sharing what they have been pondering.

But pondering on just one verse with out reflecting on other portions of our bible which speak of the same things using the same words is going to lead one into creating some assumptions that will be contrary to what else our bibles say about the subject we choose to ponder at any given time. ....does that make any sense ?

Father bless. and have mercy on all of us.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

This shows the spiritual significance that a male and female joined as husband and wife are "one" body once married.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

The account of Adam and Eve, even if literal and historical, is more importantly a shadow of the transformation and ascension process that man must go through in order to be clothed with immortality.

As 1 Corinthians 15 tells us, the first "Adam" is from the dust, and the last "Adam" is from the heavens. Eve is to Adam as the bride of the Christ is to the Christ.

Male and female, in terms of the flesh, are merely types or even illusions of a higher truth.

For example, although in the scripture we read of Yahshua being a "male," He actually took on a "female" role of the Godhead, being subserviant to the Father, covering His glory by speaking in parables, telling the disciples not to reveal who He was, not calling upon angels to save Him from His plight (as women are instructed to cover their glory - the hair on their heads), and so on.

In the "Old Testament," Godhead, as Yahweh showed Its masculine aspects - vengeance, wrath, war, bloodshed, and taking kingdoms by force. (Matthew 11:12) In the "New Testament," Godhead revealed Its "feminine" attributes, albeit in the physical body of a male - turning the other cheek, subserviance, doing violence to no one, etc. "Eye for an eye" is masculine, "turn the other cheek" is feminine.

All of creation is based upon this male/female contrast, and this is laid out in hidden form in the very first chapter of Genesis. Heavens = male, earth = female, etc.

The male's reproductive anatomy is visible (light, day), while the female's is hidden (darkness, night). This all ties into seeds being planted and hidden in the earth to produce, even as a man's seed is planted in the darkness of the womb to produce the fruit of the loins.

The opening chapters of Genesis are very parabolic and hold many keys that reveal to us the origins of existence as we know it, and even the composition of the Godhead Itself, and the All. While it may or may not be literal history, what's more important is to seek out the hidden messages contained within the stories.

Blog Entries

Can't the word used for Adam in Genesis 5:2 also be translated as man?
    Don't bother quoting me, I'll go back and correct my posts about a dozen times so I can fix all the dumb mistakes, typos, and parts that don't make sense, once I'm done then you can quote it.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
    Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

much of what you all have said i agree with, much of scripture has many levels and we dont get to see them all at once.

i ponder the woman clothed in the son and that birth. i ponder who she is and her travail and how it was to give birth to the man child.

then i ponder the relationship between the WOMAN - eve in relation to man. the WOMAN ate of knowledge of good/evil then fed it to the MAN causing them to both to be cast out of heaven.

Thats why her travail was multiplied.

also Satan decieved HER then she fed it to Him.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
    Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

much of what you all have said i agree with, much of scripture has many levels and we dont get to see them all at once.

i ponder the woman clothed in the son and that birth. i ponder who she is and her travail and how it was to give birth to the man child.

then i ponder the relationship between the WOMAN - eve in relation to man. the WOMAN ate of knowledge of good/evil then fed it to the MAN causing them to both to be cast out of heaven.

Thats why her travail was multiplied.
    Remember the NT states that the man was not deceived, but it was the woman who was deceived. This could give us a big reason to believe that Adam purposely "ate the fruit" in order to remain with his bride. We know that Adam and the Christ are types of one another according to scripture, and it seems evident that even as Christ left heaven by taking on the likeness of sinful flesh in order to eventually be with a bride, so too did Adam knowingly and purposely take on expulsion from the garden (heaven) in order to be with his bride.

Also remember that headship is crucial in all of this - NT scripture "blames" Adam for sin coming into humanity, even though Eve was the first to "sin." This relates to scripture teaching that the man Christ in human form as Yahshua takin on the sins for the church, His bride. Adam gets the "blame" because the man is the head of the woman, even as Christ got the "blame" on the cross, as He is the head of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by We Are View Post
    Remember the NT states that the man was not deceived, but it was the woman who was deceived. This could give us a big reason to believe that Adam purposely "ate the fruit" in order to remain with his bride. We know that Adam and the Christ are types of one another according to scripture, and it seems evident that even as Christ left heaven by taking on the likeness of sinful flesh in order to eventually be with a bride, so too did Adam knowingly and purposely take on expulsion from the garden (heaven) in order to be with his bride.

Also remember that headship is crucial in all of this - NT scripture "blames" Adam for sin coming into humanity, even though Eve was the first to "sin." This relates to scripture teaching that the man Christ in human form as Yahshua takin on the sins for the church, His bride. Adam gets the "blame" because the man is the head of the woman, even as Christ got the "blame" on the cross, as He is the head of mankind.
    great to think on thanks a bunch for the post.

What this verse seems to indicate to me is how that throughout the bible it's relates to a MAN. Even in the beginning where both Man and wo-Man would be called MAN. This continues in how both Jews and Gentiles come together as one New Man [Adam]. This MAN can also be spoken of as the BODY as if one. That would be the Image of God that he created them and called them MAN.

Blog Entries

Some folks see Adam as a plurality, a people. Kind of like Israel.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Quote Originally Posted by We Are View Post

great to think on thanks a bunch for the post.
    Indeed much to think on. I do have one question I would love to hear We Are weigh in on. If Adam "as Christ" purposefully ate the fruit, why did he take it from Eve who did give it unto her husband, and why did he just not eat freely of himself when he saw that Eve did eat?

I look forward to your answer We Are. Thank you!

Thread Information