cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does God even care?

Does God even care?

I literally cried for bout 30 minutes a few days ago because I just felt broken down and generally ignored by God... and I don't usually cry. I've been praying for a specific thing for over a year now everyday, and it just seems like God just doesn't care about what i've been through and what i'm going through now. It seems like God is blessing everybody else except me. I don't know what to do.

Re: Does God even care?

I do understand how you feel, at times I myself feel that same way...but I have always heard this saying...that God answers every prayer its just that sometimes his answer is "no", sometimes its "yes" and sometimes its "wait" and that is the hardest part to accept is the waiting, but even though its hard to wait, I know that his "timing" is best and he knows and can see the future, and sometimes it maybe that some "sin" in our life is separating us from God and he doesnt "hear" our prayer....I am just saying that in general for anyone...because I dont know you personally, but I have been there and I understand how you feel...like I said I still find myself asking that same question at times now, with things going on in my life...but in the end ...all I can do is just "let go and let God", its hard not to worry and do that, but I try to do that, even when its very hard and I have to fight the "worry" urge...Lifes a struggle and oneday it will all be over and we will have the answers and the Peace that we seek! Praise God for Heaven!!! I will be praying for you and hope that you will soon have the answer that is in your best interest...hugs to you!
    AngelNSC (Jeanie)

Blog Entries

What are you doing about that specific thing other than praying?

Is this specific thing a true need or something you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    What are you doing about that specific thing other than praying?

Is this specific thing a true need or something you want?
    It's definitly a need. I've been praying for healing from a mental illness that i've had for 6 years now. I hate talking about it. I keep asking God why did this happen to me, i've been a chrisitan for 13 years now, and I don't know why God allowed me to develop such an illness in the first place.

Does God care?

You and I (everyone reading) and everyone in the history of mankind--except for Christ-- are corrupt to the core. Sinners, born with a sinful nature that spits in the face of god our creator, a perfect god who created us to share His creation with Him and to spread his glory across creation. Instead of taking this beautiful gift, we spit in His face, uncertain that he was giving us enough.... Surely He was holding back from us... It was us that deserved to be glorified, not Him. we were so corrupt, we weren't capable of sharing and communing with Him.

He could have wiped us out of existence--by all accounts, he should have wiped us out of existence. Instead, He sent His Son to live amongst us without Sin, then die a horrible, death on the cross, suffering separation from the Father-- having the Father's wrath poured out on Him--only so that we through that sacrifice could commune with God again.

Does God care about us? More than we'll ever be able to comprehend. Is it difficult when we feel distant from God or when we're not receiving the answers we desire? Sure. Don't make the mistake of focusing on yourself--idolizing yourself over God. Focus on the Lord and all He's done for you. Focus on His glory and offer praise to Him. The world is not the Al_S show or the Punchy Show, it's about God. He doesn't owe you anything, but because of His care for you and me, He promises us everything in eternity if we only place our faith in Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    It's definitly a need. I've been praying for healing from a mental illness that i've had for 6 years now. I hate talking about it. I keep asking God why did this happen to me, i've been a chrisitan for 13 years now, and I don't know why God allowed me to develop such an illness in the first place.
    I think you may be praying for the wrong thing. Don't pray for healing from your condition, pray that God's glory can be spread through your condition. Your eternity is secure. The purpose of this life therefore is to help spread His glory and you may be able to do this better showing His work through your condition rather than having it lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_S View Post
    I think you may be praying for the wrong thing. Don't pray for healing from your condition, pray that God's glory can be spread through your condition. Your eternity is secure. The purpose of this life therefore is to help spread His glory and you may be able to do this better showing His work through your condition rather than having it lifted.
    I'm sure I can do just as much if I were healed than not being healed. I could witness to other people who have mental illness, and possibly even pray for them and they will be healed like I was.

Also, i've been through so much hell just because of this illness. I don't want to live with it, it's destroyed good things in my life. If you have been though what i've been through, you would say the same thing.

The idea that God will free us from suffering and affliction (in this life) is a myth. It sometimes happens, but more often, He uses us through the affliction so that we know & others see what we do is not us, but Him working through us. If you put your focus on Him & achieving His will, He will comfort you and He will strengthen you. Take a look through 2 Cor 1. Paul suffered affliction as well. Persecution for His beliefs and He also speaks of a thorn God would not remove from his side. If you focus on God & focus on bringing His kingdom, He will give you the strength and comfort you need to do His will and to make it through your affliction.

I understand where you are coming from Even when God seems far away or uncaring, he is with us. I often think of Job and all he endured. My faith has been shaken to the core over the last few years and I too have felt that God truly doesn't care about me. Spirtual growth hurts. Pour out your heart to the Lord and then stand on the word. I will be praying for you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Also, i've been through so much hell just because of this illness. I don't want to live with it, it's destroyed good things in my life. If you have been though what i've been through, you would say the same thing.
    People go through all kinds of things because of all kinds of things. We live in a sin-stricken world. I have several friends who have dealt with mental illness, and it was in that illness that their healing took place. They came out the other end stronger because of what they went through, not in spite of it. And a lot of it was pure hell. But, here they still are. And, here Jesus still is. I've been through countless trials and pain and bucket-loads of hurt and struggles. That doesn't make God uncaring. Because He has been with me through thick and thin, all of it, every minute of it, and I'm closer to Him today because of what we've walked through together.

You know God loves you. Jesus died for you. Saved you from sin, for Himself. How does He not care?

I have no idea why God allows what He does. But it's NOT because He doesn't care. That I can tell you. With every fiber of my being. God is love. You're not a victim, Punchy, you are a child of God and because of that, you're already an overcomer of sin and death and hell and all these things that He saved you from. Your mind belongs to the Lord, along with the rest of you. You are greatly loved by Him.

Also, I'm moving this to Counseling because we're going to be here for you, supporting you, and Growing in Christ isn't the forum area to do it.

The Lord has His purposes even in delayed answers to prayer. In my own case these things will generally draw me closer to Him as I commit my needs to Him, fully persuaded that He does care and has not abandoned me.

This evening I'll lift this particular need to the Lord with you, also asking that the Lord will lift your spirits and resore your joy in Him.

Blog Entries

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I used to think that others were blessed and I wasn't. Turns out if was my behavior that was keeping me back. Not saying that's the case here but it's worth considering.

He really cares. He even know what you are in need before you ask for it, he again answer prayers but in three ways; yes, no or wait. When he says no or wait their must be a big reason. Sometimes we ask without faith and hope or if he give you what you need it will make you sin the more. so take time, investigate what kind of friendship do you have between yourself and God, if you can be able to gauge, i think there will be a room for you to repent for forgiveness.

What a question... Does God even care?

Yes, He cares. He cares so much that He came to this earth and died on the Cross for you. He lowered himself to our level, He became human, He had flesh... but not sin. He could have changed the path while He was here but He didn't. He could have chose to not get spit on, or ridiculed, or nailed to a Cross for our sake, but He did it. Is that not enough to show that He cares? His love for you goes beyond measure. You know how sometimes you see a parent love there child to the point of no return... well, with Him... His love is to far for our human brain to even comprehend that we need to pray for the power to understand how far, how long, how wide, and how deep His love really is for us. Picture that. We can't... because it's to big. It's to huge. It goes beyond our span to even understand. He put himself on this earth to bring Truth into our lifes. He wants to be with us... not against us. He is the reason we realize our sin. He is the reason why we are here. He is the reason why we long to be with a God so Holy as Himself. Please, take time to see that even though the Lord may be not giving you the answer right now that'd You'd like... do not forget everything that He has given us everyday to show us His love and care and His mercy. As I'm writing this, I almost feel like crying. Because I too, ask God if He cares when I don't get what I am wanting to hear. How much pain He must feel when I sit there and act as if He doesn't care. He does care. He will care for you until the end of time. When you spend eternity with Him, it's all because of what He did. Everything He did was for your sake.

Please never feel like He doesn't care or want you or want to answer you. He loves You.
    Read Psalm 139. He new you before the foundation of the earth.
    That is love.

Always remember, God can give no bad gift. Even though you are physically in pain, take comfort in knowing that spiritually, you are being renewed everyday by Christ. Your physical body may fail, but your spiritual body is made new. You are not alone with your illness, that's for sure. But one thing, use this illness as a time to give glory to the Father who will never leave you forsake you or abandon you during this time. Be an instrument through all of it. That may even help your healing process. Changing your attitude towards it could possibly help you. Rest in God and be still.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Thread Information