cure-real

Thread: Why do you believe in Christ?

Why do you believe in Christ?

This is a question i sometimes ask myself, but sometimes i get different answers depending on the day. So i thought i would ask to see other peoples answers. My question isn't how you came to God, it is why as it stands today you believe. Thanks!

Re: Why do you believe in Christ?

Hey CupOfMilk

Why do I believe?...great question!...here goes...

...because quite some years ago now my God and King met with me in the dark, hopeless pain of a broken life and He gave me a very precious and eternally priceless Gift of Faith...One that cost Him the life of His Own Son...and this Gift miraculously empowered me to believe...It caused my eyes to open and for me to see and trust and hope in the Truth of Who He is...It caused me to see the truth of who I was...and to know the truth of who He would have me to be... And for this amazing Gift wrapped in Tenderness, Grace and Love I will eternally thank and worship Him...I deserved a cross...and He gifted me with His Christ...amazing Grace!...just pure amazing Grace!

Treasured

Blog Entries

I came to the Lord in June 1992.

Why do I still believe?

Because God is real.

Because He has been with me through thick and thin.

Because He speaks to the deepest part of me and won't let go.

Because I have a Father in heaven who has my heart, completely.

Because I'd rather spend 5 minutes with Him than 5 hours with anyone else.

Because He has taught me right from wrong.

Because He confronted me with myself, when I was so broken and messed up I didn't know what end was up. I didn't even know how broken! I didn't think I was doing so bad until I realized how much more there is to life, and what it's supposed to be like.

Because He broke me even further and then put me back together again, the right way.

Because He has opened me up to a ton of things I didn't even know existed.

Because He has made sense to this crazy world and this crazy life we live and I know that regardless of what happens, I'm secure in Him.

Because I've met some people during the course of all this who are treasures to me (you know who you are).

Because I want to spend all of eternity with this God who is Love. I don't want a mansion either. Just a spot under a bridge in heaven somewhere so I can see Him regularly and be with Him. That's all I want.

Because He has brought meaning to my life that was shallow and empty.

Because He saved me from sin, and then He saved me from myself when I was tossing things out the window with both hands in my own self-destructive ways, day after day, when I didn't know better.

Because I hear the testimony of others and know they've met the same God I have met.

Because the Bible is true and God is real.

Because Jesus loves me and died for me, and gave me new life and I'm not going back. There's nothing to go back to. I'm completely in love with Him.

That's why.

I believe in Him because He revealed Himself to me when I was in my greatest need. He blinded me then removed the scales from my eyes and showed me how much easier things could be when I looked to Him instead of myself. He became real to me. For years I ( as the demons before me ) knew about Him, but didn't worry about following Him because I was a "good person". After making a complete and utter mess of my life, He picked me up and carried me through the fire and restored me to sanity. He did this in such away that left no shred of doubt as to who He was. Once again.... He became real to me. I had no other option.
    Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up
    James 4:10

Wow, what a question. I feel like I have hundreds of different reasons for this and It's almost hard to put them all together.

I believe in Christ because of what He's done in my life. Not only my life, but my heart. He has completely taken over me, my heart, my mind, my body, and my soul. I am His and He is mine. He has shown me sin, plain and clearly, and has put in me a strong desire to hate it. To not want to touch, look, taste, or be near anything that can come close to pulling me away from Him. He has taught me how to love without expecting anything in return. He has taught me how to deny my self, and not only that but submit to His ways. He died for me.... for me!! How crazy is that. Why would He want me? I have no clue, but He did it. And with that, how can I not believe in Him? Everything that He says is true, pure, holy, and just. He is my God. My Reedemer, My Rock. My Father. He has given me new sight. New speech. New views. I want less of this world and more of Him. I want to become more and more like Christ and shed off my old nature. That is what He has done in my heart. He has put my focus upon Him who is my Faith... and took my focus off what is in my sight. He is beautiful, Worthy, Amazing, and I am fearful of this mighty God. He has changed mylife.... forever. Eternity, I long for You so I can be with my Heavenly Father who died for me. Thank You Jesus.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Because he gave me life, the least we can do is live for him.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Blog Entries

I believe in Christ because He is my shepherd: when I was newly converted I made the foolish mistake of straying and was lost for several years but He restored my soul; He has delivered me from the spell alcohol had over me; He has literally prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies; He has saved me from harm in a dangerous situation beyond my control; He has answered many of my prayers, some instantly. I still believe in Christ because I can't NOT believe.

Because I have read God's word and have seen the truth of it. No other religion says what Christ says. It is why he is the only way. Other religions say SOME of what Christianity says but not enough to say it is the same or even close.

Blog Entries

What a wonderful question! My heart swelled up with emotion as soon as I read it, I'm sure it's the same with us all. I agree with every post before mine! I was dead, but now I live for Him. I can't answer much more than that, it's a bit like asking me why I breathe, the answer is simple, it is what I was made to do. Oh precious Father, thank you for such beautiful testimonies, may Your name be glorified in all the earth!

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Blog Entries

I thank God for His wonderful mercy in both saving me from my sins and keeping me by His Power. Sometimes my faith is weak, but God has never let me go. I am amazed at His Faithfulness. I was reading Ezra the other day and I came to Ezra 9:13:

"...And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this..."

When I read this, I reflected on God's Mercy, and all that He's brought me through. I just had to thank Him and praise Him for not only mercifully forgiving my sins and passing over my judgement, but also for constantly showering me with mercy, grace, and blessings. God has not punished us according to our sins and He has not failed to bless us despite our unworthiness all because of what Christ has done, He was punished for our sins and was raised for our justification, ( Romans 4:25) and He is our wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption." ( 1 Corinthians 1:30)

I believe in Christ because He is everything to me.
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

I believe in Jesus Christ for a variety of reasons. My journey with being a believer has been rough. I stayed bitter, depressed, and yes angry for a long time. I blamed God for what had happened and didn't really want to hear I had to forgive the person that had wounded me so deeply. I simply wasn't getting what the Father meant by forgiveness. Forgiveness does not mean the act the person committed is approved of, it means looking at the person through God's eyes, one of his children redeemable. It also means forgiving yourself. When I truly started digging deep and getting on my knees crying to Him, begging Him to forgive me was when I truly felt Him. I had heard of believer moments where they had felt God's presence. I thought it would never happen to me, I had been a believer since age ten. Yet, I looked at how I believed and I didn't really put God into my everyday life. I didn't trust Him to work in my life, to feel His healing hands and His love. I felt it after praying two hours, crying the whole time. It's hard to describe put I felt this beautiful white light full of forgiveness and happiness. He never left me, and me being hurt had also hurt my Father deeply. The reason to believe in Christ is because He changes lives. He has changed mine. I am happily married, and I prayed to God to send me a Christian husband, six months later, He did! God has taught me how to pray, how to heal, how to believe in myself. You might not see change instantly (in some you do) but he can make an addict sober and do many miraculous things.

I believe in Jesus Christ because the Bible is a historically accurate document as well as God's word. I believe God made the whole universe out of nothing because how can something come from nothing? It makes no sense. God did it. I look at the world, nature and see God's handprints everywhere. The complexity of the human body, how Earth is the only planet inhabitable by humans. How could non-feeling little cells do all that? I know because Christ has shown me he loves me, so deeply.
    "We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren

http://bibleforums.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1311549587
    http://bibleforums.org/attachment.ph...2&d=1311549587

Because He brought and confirms hope to me personally (very personally), hope of something better than: "better than what is now, and better than what has been"
    Just His shadow is better than both...

Father bless, and have mercy on us.

Thread Information