Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Folks struggle to say this because of the term "angel". Angels are spirit beings in which like mankind the Son is the chief. So in the heavens the son is the chief of the angels being spirit likewise himself. He is the chief angel, the lord of all the host (of heaven). Upon earth this chief angel (Son of God, word of God) of the Lord became flesh in the person of Jesus.

    God's Angel?

    Re 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

    First God's angel can only be God himself. The Greek indicates "his" is his own of the same, his personal angel.

    The individual which is speaking is the angel and he says he comes quickly which is the reference to the second coming.

    Re 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

    John falls down to worship this angel, why? Was John confused to whom this person was? I think not, rather he equated this being to the Lord.

    Re 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things.

    Why does the angel tell John not to worship him? Is it because he is not whom he states? No rather rightly he points the worship to the father being in submission. Note also the angel did not say worship the son but God. Knowing however the son is also God there is nothing in error.

    Re 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    The angel verifies whom he is. Comes quickly with rewards, alpha omega,

    Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.


    Again we have a personal pronoun "mine" indicating it is Jesus's own angel.

    Re 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

    John has been talking with the angel of the Lord whom was Jesus in the flesh upon the earth and whom sits upon the right hand in heaven as the son of God.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,147

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Hi Ross

    I dont believe that the Angel is Jesus. Jesus rather gave the Revelation to the Angel to give to John.

    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,
    2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.
    Also if the Angel is Jesus then Johns worship would have been acceptable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Hi Ross

    I dont believe that the Angel is Jesus. Jesus rather gave the Revelation to the Angel to give to John.

    Also if the Angel is Jesus then Johns worship would have been acceptable.
    What is wrong worshiping an angel as long as it is non created. There are levels of angels which they are lead by the chief whom created them. Angels are spirits and vice versa.

    If Jesus sent "mine" angel then they would be one in the same. We need to look in more than one dimension. Jesus was flesh while upon the earth but a spirit in the heavens.

  4. #4

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Hi Ross

    I dont believe that the Angel is Jesus. Jesus rather gave the Revelation to the Angel to give to John.



    Also if the Angel is Jesus then Johns worship would have been acceptable.
    Correct & Correct

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,147

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    What is wrong worshiping an angel as long as it is non created .
    All the Angels are commanded to worship the SON. The testimony of the Angel was to worship God and God alone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Most believe that the term "angel" has to mean a CREATED being. The fact is that angels are spirits and spirits are angels and not all spirits are created. The Godhead is a spirit entity and of course is not a created being. I would say for another thread that the Holy Spirit is composed of seven spirits all not created. Anyway, the following show that a chief angel (archangel) does what created angels cannot......raise the dead

    The son of God with an "archangel voice". Can any angel raise the dead? No, only an archangel.

    Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
    Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

    1th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

    The angel as a fire in a bush.......the voice of the Lord.

    Ac 7:30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.
    Ac 7:31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

    Ex 3:2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
    Ex 3:3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
    Ex 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    bumped up to relate to thread concerning angel in chapter 10 as Jesus.

  8. #8

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Hebrews 1

    The Son Superior to Angels

    5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
    “You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father”[a]?
    Or again,
    “I will be his Father,
    and he will be my Son”[b]?
    6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
    “Let all God’s angels worship him.”[c]
    7 In speaking of the angels he says,
    “He makes his angels spirits,
    and his servants flames of fire.”[d]
    8 But about the Son he says,
    “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
    a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
    by anointing you with the oil of joy.”[e]
    10 He also says,
    “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
    11 They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    12 You will roll them up like a robe;
    like a garment they will be changed.
    But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end.”[f]
    13 To which of the angels did God ever say,
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet”[g]?
    14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?


    Colossians 2:18New International Version (NIV)


    18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.




    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    What is wrong worshiping an angel as long as it is non created. There are levels of angels which they are lead by the chief whom created them. Angels are spirits and vice versa.

    If Jesus sent "mine" angel then they would be one in the same. We need to look in more than one dimension. Jesus was flesh while upon the earth but a spirit in the heavens.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    [B]Hebrews 1

    Colossians 2:18New International Version (NIV)


    18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.
    If NIV is true then John is puffed up with idle notions and is unspiritual mind!!!! For not only once but TWICE did he bow down to an angel!!!!

    Rev19
    10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

    Rev 22
    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    Now you may say John was confused and he was corrected for his error but would John really be confused. The one who was in heaven and saw all these things??? I doubt it. Rather John understood the angel to represent Jesus and thus he bowed down. The angel (Jesus) being a submitting to the father directed worship to God his father.

    Again follow the conversation and notice the angel says he IS the alpha and Omega.

    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

    11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

    13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

  10. #10

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Colossians 2:18New International Version (NIV)

    18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

    No, imo, I don't think that John thought the angel was Jesus. He was not puffed up or with idle notions. He did not have an unspiritual mind. Imo, he was confused and went to make a mistake by bowing down to worship what he saw in front of him.

    He did not actually worship the angel as the angel stopped him. The angel even says ‘See thou do it not : I am thy fellow servant.

    If John had worshiped the angel, he would have been disqualified, but he did not. The angel saw his error and stopped it. If it was not an angel of God, but an angel that belonged to Satan (Devil) - that angel may have allowed John to bow down and worship the angel.

    Rev19
    10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

    Rev 22
    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    Imo, Just as in Acts 14:11-15, the men at Lystra were confused and thought the Paul and Barnabas were Gods, but were mistaken, John also was confused when he bowed down to an angel. Paul and Barnabas also stopped the men at Lystra from worshiping them as Gods.

    (Acts 14:11 KJV) And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.

    (Acts 14:12 KJV) And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

    (Acts 14:13 KJV) Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.

    (Acts 14:14 KJV) Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,


    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    If NIV is true then John is puffed up with idle notions and is unspiritual mind!!!! For not only once but TWICE did he bow down to an angel!!!!

    Rev19
    10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

    Rev 22
    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    Now you may say John was confused and he was corrected for his error but would John really be confused. The one who was in heaven and saw all these things??? I doubt it. Rather John understood the angel to represent Jesus and thus he bowed down. The angel (Jesus) being a submitting to the father directed worship to God his father.

    Again follow the conversation and notice the angel says he IS the alpha and Omega.

    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

    10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

    11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

    13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post

    John also was confused when he bowed down to an angel. Paul and Barnabas also stopped the men at Lystra from worshiping them as Gods.
    John confused? A person who was taken up to heaven?? Not once but twice?? I think not

    Not all angels are created beings as most assume. ie the angel of the Lord being one.

    Also note the following...can the voice of a created angel raise the dead??

    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

    Also the verse says that the Lord shouted with a voice of an angel (chief).

  12. #12

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Hebrews clearly writes that Jesus is the son of God, he was not a created angel, but was there from the beginning. Your line of thought that Jesus was an Angel is very Mormon-ish, for Mormons believe that Jesus was just a created Angel and Satan and Jesus were brothers. They deny the trinity and God head [Father, Son and Holy Ghost] Not father - sons [Angels] and the holy ghost?

    For Jesus is the only begotten son of God. If Jesus and Satan are brothers (Both created Angels), then the trinity falls apart because Jesus is just a created angel just like all other created angels.


    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    John confused? A person who was taken up to heaven?? Not once but twice?? I think not

    Not all angels are created beings as most assume. ie the angel of the Lord being one.

    Also note the following...can the voice of a created angel raise the dead??

    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

    Also the verse says that the Lord shouted with a voice of an angel (chief).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,729
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hebrews clearly writes that Jesus is the son of God, he was not a created angel, but was there from the beginning. Your line of thought that Jesus was an Angel is very Mormon-ish, for Mormons believe that Jesus was just a created Angel and Satan and Jesus were brothers. They deny the trinity and God head [Father, Son and Holy Ghost] Not father - sons [Angels] and the holy ghost?

    For Jesus is the only begotten son of God. If Jesus and Satan are brothers (Both created Angels), then the trinity falls apart because Jesus is just a created angel just like all other created angels.
    Who is saying Jesus is a created angel.

    Your belief is that once you hear the word angel you equate the term created.

    Is the angel of the Lord created? God forbid.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,661

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    I'm with Ross on this, I think Ezekiel makes a good Case, as does most of the OT, where the Angel of the Lord(i believe is Jesus) is clearly mentioned as an *Angel*

    When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?” 14And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshipedc and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?” 15 And the commander of the LORD’s army said to Joshua, “Take off your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.


    Same thing we find in Genesis

    The angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven and said, “By myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.

  15. #15

    Re: Angel in Revelation 22 is Jesus.

    The bible never refers to Jesus as an created Angel, but the son of God and God.

    (John 1:1 KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    (John 1:2 KJV) The same was in the beginning with God.
    (John 1:3 KJV) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.


    The bible already mentions arch angels ... Michael being one of them.

    (Jude 1:9 KJV) Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.


    As for the message of Salvation, Jesus proclaimed the word of God - through the will of the father. His meesage id directly from God, as the son of God - not an Angel.

    (John 14:10 KJV) Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.




    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Who is saying Jesus is a created angel.

    Your belief is that once you hear the word angel you equate the term created.

    Is the angel of the Lord created? God forbid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The angel in Revelation 1:1
    By larry2 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Nov 15th 2012, 05:34 PM
  2. Who is the angel of Revelation 20:1?
    By divaD in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: Dec 12th 2009, 01:39 PM
  3. Jesus - Genesis to Revelation
    By Truthinlove in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 11th 2009, 05:06 AM
  4. The Angel of the Lord is Jesus?
    By reformedct in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 4th 2009, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •