cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone really start over following Christ?

Blog Entries

Re: Can anyone really start over following Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregongrown View Post
    I want to thank all that replied and now, Moonglow, I so appreciate your story(your sharing it). I am not sure I truly know "how" to surrender it all. I thought I did so at times but it comes to mind people saying it is an ongoing thing. Like surrender each day. I am doing that today. Been on my knees and even if I don't know what to say I just ask Him for His help and guidance. Thank you again, to all who replied, Denise, a sister in Christ
    It is a daily thing. In every thing you do...ask Him first for guidance.

Philippians 2
    12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

And don't beat yourself up when you mess up...ask for forgiveness then move on.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

thanks Dani, I appreciate your letter. Today is one moment at a time and I am moving forward knowing Christ is in me and around me every step of the way.

Denise

Give your life over to God, it will pay off, maybe not in this life but the next, and the next life is really the only life that we are really alive, trust in Him, keep His commandments and statues, seek after and follow Him. He who has ears let him hear Matthew 11:15
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Denise,

I start over following Christ every day. It sounds like you are striving for
    this perfect, sinless life and that simply isn't possible as long as we are
    housed in these physical bodies. After receiving the salvation Jesus
    provided for us, we are still going to sin. Even though we are no longer
    sinners, we will still sin and come up short due to the sin-nature
    we were born into in this physical realm.

You remind me a lot of myself. I knew God's way was the answer to
    everything I was looking for in life but I wanted to be the one with the
    answers and if there was something too big for me to handle, then I
    would come to God. There's something extremely attractive and
    validating about working out life on my own.

In the end, I finally surrendered and said "Ok Lord, I'm ready to hand
    over the reigns to you. I've been making a mess of my life and I'm
    just too exhausted and defeated to keep trying to figure things out.
    When I took a back seat, He slowly guided me onto the path of
    happiness and success that I've been trying to reach. I could have
    slapped myself from not letting Him take over sooner.

God's mercies are new every morning (Lam 3:22-23). I'm reminded
    of this each morning I step outside and see the dew on the grass.
    The past is over. Forget about it and take time to get to know
    God on a personal and intimate level. He's excited about having
    a loving relationship with you and cannot wait to see you so show
    up and let Him bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Oregongrown View Post
    I was saved in 93, I asked Jesus into my life. Since then I have done almost everything wrong that is possible, I mean against God's Word. Oh I've spent plenty of time in church and plenty of time with other christians but I have not either been willing to give it all to God or maybe I am not capable. I am so lost, depressed, out of work(which most of my self-esteem has always come from)and staying with a non-believing sister but she is the only one that has offered to put a roof over my head, oh, except the homeless shelter.

So here I am, back at the forum I used to participate in some, looking for answers. Please no one tell me to take pills for my depression because I have tried and they don't work and I don't have any faith in them at all. I believe God can straighten me out but He doesn't seem to be with me. I know that is a feeling only but I am 58 now, 4 times divorced and on my own now 14 years. I have suffered for my poor choices and I still am. Am I alone in this or does anyone else relate? Why does everyone elses life look so together. I went to my 40 year class reunion and still haven't decided if that was a good or bad idea. Good part was how many of my classmates are also christians now

Denise
    Denise,

Two frogs sat on a fence looking at a pond. One frog thought about jumping into it. Do you know which one got wet? Neither...one frog only THOUGHT about jumping in. As it's been pointed out: What's stopping you? I've been EXACLTY where you are! You have everything you need to serve God!!!

I too am struggling and am trying to get back to the place where God wants me to be. I have made so many mistakes in my life and sometimes wonder why God would still want me, but I know in my heart that He is so forgiving and want's me to be His no matter what I have done in the past! I have come here too to find some answers and support from fellow Christians and feel that you and I have been lead here for a reason! It's never ever too late as long as you are still breathing! What comes to mind for me is the two men on the Crosses next to Jesus - the one that had asked for forgiveness and our Lord told him he would be with Him in heaven (not exact - just going by memory which isn't always the best!) - that man was dying and on his last breaths of life, and yet he was saved!! I am so thankful that our Lord can forgive us for our many many many mistakes we make! I'll pray for your dear and keep you in my heart!

Thread Information