cure-real

Thread: Prophecies that came true and ones that did not

Prophecies that came true and ones that did not

Hello fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, before we move further let's read this Scripture together.

1 Thessalonians 5:20-22

Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.

I have received two prophecies in my life from two different anointed spiritual warriors. The first one, from Peggy Cole, turned out to be truly God's word and a release on something I had been fervently praying for over a month.

Tonight, I received my 2nd prophecy, from a visiting pastor all the way from Nairobi, Kenya. He said he doesn't know what I do for work now, but God showed him or he got the sense (I forget the exact wording he used) that I will be doing missionary work... not full time but possibly part time. He said I have an Evangelist's spirit and I will spread God's word throughout different parts of the world as a missionary. But not by might or will, but only by God's Holy anointing.

Personally, I have prayed in the past for the anointing of evangelism. I did do mission work last summer (1st time ever, I'm a 2-year Christian) and currently, I teach part-time. To be honest, I would not list being a part time missionary at the top of my "desirable list." I'm not opposed to it, but it's not in my top 3. However, as the Bible tells us, I will test his prophecy (and also know God can change our hearts). Until God closes the door on my full time teaching pursuit, I won't seek another field though.

I'd like to ask the more mature, longer time Christians here two things:

1. What % of prophecies would you say came true for you? Were there any prophecies that came true or false that shocked you in particular?

2. How did you go about testing a particular prophecy? (similarly, what advice would you give me -- how would I test this pastor's prophecy?)

Thank you in advance.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Prophecies that came true and ones that did not

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'd like to ask the more mature, longer time Christians here two things:

1. What % of prophecies would you say came true for you? Were there any prophecies that came true or false that shocked you in particular?

2. How did you go about testing a particular prophecy? (similarly, what advice would you give me -- how would I test this pastor's prophecy?)

Thank you in advance.
    1: So far the several spoken to me have been 100% accurate and have either come to pass or are in the process of being fulfilled.

This counts the one when a prophet came to me like Nathan went to David and the prophet who spoke to me, told me of my sin at that time in my life and some other serious stuff that God convicted me of because I wasn't listening to Him in spirit... so He sent this prophet instead.

2: Hmmmm, for some it was start doing what I was told to do and all fell right into place. For some it was about waiting and let them come to pass. This one that is in the process... well, I know that there would be a need for preparation and this involved my education. Over the last year all job opportunities I pursued failed. Even for employment where they came to me asking for me to drop a resume... never worked out. Was stressing a little since the job I had was ending soon. Only four days out from the end of that job I went to the church and PRAYED... I surrendered to whatever God was doing and He made it clear that education was a serious matter for the purpose He has for me. I even had a resume for another job (another one where they came to me) in my hand that day and was gonna drop it off after prayer. I told God that as my act of faith I was not gonna turn the resume in. Instead, I went to the VA and applied for my Post 9/11 GI Bill and told them I plan to start back up in college (I have some previous credits completed) in THREE WEEKS. They humored me and we did all the paperwork but informed me that the process has been taking about 3 months and picking up in the late Spring Session was a NOGO. I told them that I plan on going straight to the college and enroll and start in 3 weeks.

Long story short... the day I began school, the VA payment for my books was in my bank account and only 3 weeks had passed. By the end of that month I received my first stipend payment. I have been provided for since then and I have not worked since 17 Feb 11.

I take it each day at a time and I WATCH God's hand move and step by step another prophecy is coming to pass.
    Last edited by Slug1; Jul 29th 2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: name correction
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

Well, for me personally, I am very careful and leery when it comes to some of these 'personal prophecies'. I have found that if the Lord wants me to know something, he is perfectly able to tell ME. He does not have to tell another person to tell me something.

One reason I am leery is that in my many years, I have seen many self-proclaimed 'prophets' who run after this one and that one, saying to them, "Thus sayeth the Lord..." or they say, "I have a word for you from the Lord..."

Once there was one such prophet I saw follow a woman into the restroom at church and was giving her a so-called 'word from the Lord' through the stall in the restroom! Another I know would run around in the parking lot, trying to give personal prophecies before people drove away. (I admit, after this, I began to see them as 'Parking Lot Prophets.

Having said all that, I do want to say that I DO believe God gives people the gift of wisdom and the gift of KNOWLEDGE. For example, if my Pastor were to call me this evening and say to me, "If you are planning to go to the grocery store this evening, please pray about if you should go today or wait until tomorrow", then I would definitely take heed!

Just beware that all who claim to be 'Prophets' may not be prophets sent by God at all...........

Some just want that title.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post

Tonight, I received my 2nd prophecy, from a visiting pastor all the way from Nairobi, Kenya. He said he doesn't know what I do for work now, but God showed him or he got the sense (I forget the exact wording he used) that I will be doing missionary work... not full time but possibly part time. He said I have an Evangelist's spirit and I will spread God's word throughout different parts of the world as a missionary.
    His name wouldn't happen to be Samson Kisia would it? I worked with him in 1999 in Nairobi and the Busia district. At that time, he was the president of the Kenyan Baptist Association.

Just wondering, not trying to derail.

When we find the English word "prophecy" in our bibles, it was translated from an archaic Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew word, so just because we English speakers/readers read the word "prophecy" in our bible, it does not necessarily mean prophetic, it could and usually does only mean "teaching/teachings" but can mean "prophetic" you will need to use a concordance to find which meaning to use, there are free online ones or you can still purchase them for under 50$.
    (about what it cost to stay online for a month) Seek Him diligently !

Ever wonder why so many elders His church offer the advice: to study ALL of God's written words before thinking we understand, or thinking we can explain or teach others the meaning of a singled out verse, chapter or book in His written words.
    We have been promised and given teachers and pastors for a reason, who hopefull have taken heed of the aforementioned advice too, but sadly this seems rare now days.

Diligently studying to compare ALL of what else Father said on the same subject or topic will bring understanding, will seal your mind, will renew your mind and gift you with the ability to teach on the said subject also. Which will make you a partaker in building His Kingdom, amen !

We must DILIGENTLY seek Him to Find Him, before we can share Him with others.
    Father titled Jesus:"His Living word" for a reason...
    (Said with love and hope of growth in His Kingdom)

My personal advise in these very evil days: is to study His word yourself, you and His Holy Spirit deposited in you, prayerfully seeking Him diligently by reading ALL of His written words.
    Reading them at His feet, reading them in the order which they were/are presented to us in our bibles.
    We will not be confused or end up babbling if we do this diligently.

Father bless, and have mercy on all of us.

I have to agree with you Diggindeeper - I too have run into some self-proclaimed "prophets" that have done things like that and it has always made me very Leary of them. I do believe that there are true prophets of God in our world, but there are so many that claim to be this and many times their prophesies never come about. I also am one who feels that if the Lord wants me to know something, He will tell me in His own way and lead me to what I should do. It's just a shame that there are so many who claim to be a "prophet" of God but are really not so. They can mislead a new child of God and then in the end cause them to fall away and that is truly a very sad sad situation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker62 View Post
    I have to agree with you Diggindeeper - I too have run into some self-proclaimed "prophets" that have done things like that and it has always made me very Leary of them. I do believe that there are true prophets of God in our world, but there are so many that claim to be this and many times their prophesies never come about. I also am one who feels that if the Lord wants me to know something, He will tell me in His own way and lead me to what I should do. It's just a shame that there are so many who claim to be a "prophet" of God but are really not so. They can mislead a new child of God and then in the end cause them to fall away and that is truly a very sad sad situation!
    Read my tag line below..........just saying
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    His name wouldn't happen to be Samson Kisia would it?
    nope.

thanks for the replies everyone

Thread Information