The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Blog Entries
    I don't think I will EVER forget about reading 'The Rope of Hope'! That scarlet thread that is handed to us, becoming our lifeline to eternity. All we have to do is cling to it. Without shame, without guilt. This is a deep, but well written article, friend. It offers hope to those who have no hope.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Diggindeeper. It was a blessing to me to use this today when I addressed Women of God... Having been a School teacher and a performer, this was totally different standing up and sharing God with people.

Blog Entries
    In the same way, as the 'alef / tav' points to the Direct Object..... is this not what Jesus is doing?? Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Blog Entries
    I did not get this for some time. Since this ministry started the struggles became harder and harder......Today I choose to take hold of that rope of hope. I am not just looking at it from an angle, but really grabbing hold of it for the first time!

Blog Entries

Re: Article: The Rope of Hope

Yes, MC, it is our choice to grab onto that Rope, or not to hold on, we are responsible for our own actions, and can not blame circumstance to make us fail/fall ...
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

While this article depicts many wonderful and encouraging points there is one point that strangely caught my eye. The statement that the Prostitute, Rahab, was the great, grandmother of king David.I would really like to see where this is mentioned in the Bible.Can anyone give me any scriptures that show this?I would really be grateful, and thanks, in advanced.Brother_V63.

Blog Entries
    Mt 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_V63 View Post
    While this article depicts many wonderful and encouraging points there is one point that strangely caught my eye. The statement that the Prostitute, Rahab, was the great, grandmother of king David.I would really like to see where this is mentioned in the Bible.Can anyone give me any scriptures that show this?I would really be grateful, and thanks, in advanced.Brother_V63.
    It is in Matthew 1:5
    This explains, from Bible Gateway:
    Rahab, Or Rachab
    a celebrated woman of Jericho who received the spies sent by Joshua to spy out the land, hid them in her house from the pursuit of her countrymen, was saved with all her family when the Israelites sacked the city, and became the wife of Salmon and the ancestress of the Messiah. (Joshua 2:1; Matthew 1:5) (B.C. 1450.) She was a "harlot", and probably combined the trade of lodging-keeper for wayfaring men. Her reception of the spies, the artifice by which she concealed them from the king: their escape, and the saving of Rahab and her family at the capture of the city in accordance with their promise, are fold in the narrative of (Joshua 2:1) ... As regards Rahab herself, she probably repented, and we learn from (Matthew 1:5) that she became the wife of Salmon the son of Naasson, and the mother of Boaz, Jesse's grandfather. The author of the Epistle to the Hebrews tells us that "by faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace," (Hebrews 11:31) and St. James fortifies his doctrine of justification by works by asking, "Was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?" (James 2:25)

Here it is in different translations:
    http://bible.cc/matthew/1-5.htm
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    It is in Matthew 1:5
    This explains, from Bible Gateway:
    Rahab, Or Rachab
    a celebrated woman of Jericho who received the spies sent by Joshua to spy out the land, hid them in her house from the pursuit of her countrymen, was saved with all her family when the Israelites sacked the city, and became the wife of Salmon and the ancestress of the Messiah. (Joshua 2:1; Matthew 1:5) (B.C. 1450.) She was a "harlot", and probably combined the trade of lodging-keeper for wayfaring men. Her reception of the spies, the artifice by which she concealed them from the king: their escape, and the saving of Rahab and her family at the capture of the city in accordance with their promise, are fold in the narrative of (Joshua 2:1) ... As regards Rahab herself, she probably repented, and we learn from (Matthew 1:5) that she became the wife of Salmon the son of Naasson, and the mother of Boaz, Jesse's grandfather. The author of the Epistle to the Hebrews tells us that "by faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace," (Hebrews 11:31) and St. James fortifies his doctrine of justification by works by asking, "Was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?" (James 2:25)

Here it is in different translations:
    http://bible.cc/matthew/1-5.htm

Thank you Diggin deeper, for that from the Bible explaination. I really did not know that before and I am glad to know it now. I know that this web page is going to be a huge blessing for my spiritual growth. Thanks.
    V63

Blog Entries
    When you reach the end of your rope - reach out and touch the hem of His garment

Thread Information