cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Being mislead

  1. #1

    Being mislead

    Something is very heavy on my heart. I hope you do not mind me sharing, and I apologize if I come on to strong about this subject.

    American Christianity.

    What has happened? Why has our belief in "God" come down to us saying one prayer and believing that it stops right there. Why do we proclaim that Jesus Christ is our Lord but never stop giving into our carnal lusts? Why have we not taken seriously the verse Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17. It does not say, if anyone is in Christ, he will or should become a new creation. The Bible tells us that we ARE a new creation if we are IN Christ. Why do we all still try and fill ourselves us with things from this world rather than become completely empty from our comforts and securities and allow God to mold us and humble us into the people that we are. How come sin is not mentioned in a lot of large growing churches today? How come pastors try and tell the congregation that it is a self help process... that Jesus wants us to be victorious by making lots of money for ourselves and having great heath and never having to undergo sufferings. What about "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " James 1:2-4? How are we supposed to consider it pure joy when leaders of the Church are telling us that God does not want us to suffer. Why should we be sharing in all of God's blessings and glory if we do not share in His sufferings? And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering Romans 8:17.

    Why would we rather hear a sermon that adapts to our liking rather than hear the Truth of Jesus Christ and let it break us because we realize so badly our need for Christ? How come churches are not taking that step to become followers of Jesus Christ? Why are we choosing to be like this world and still proclaim our love for Christ? This is not the Gospel. Jesus came for our sins. He came to this earth... the earth that we live on today, because He knew that without Him we are destined for HELL! Without Jesus Christ we would spending eternity burning. But because of Jesus, we are saved! We are brought from death unto life. We cannot live in our old ways anymore. Not by our own doing, but by the doing of Christ who transforms our hearts, minds, bodys, souls. Everything is His. All of us is HIS. We cannot give Him one knee and a prayer that says "Lord, I accept You" and then leave that day and go home and be part of which is unholy. If we want to be holy, we must hate what is unholy. It's going to cost us. It is going to cost us our idol that we place before God, it's going to cost us the t.v. show that we rush home to watch because we are addicted to it, it's going to cost us our pleasure of sin... Because God is bigger. God is greater than anything on this earth. He is the Lord. He created us. He made us, and He has saved us.

    How come certain preachers like some on TV (with mega chruches) have so many followers? Is it because he's preaching the Truth? I don't think so. I think it's because what he is saying.. is what we like to hear. Most of the preachers like him say things to please whoever is in the church. So that they'll come back, because it's what they like to hear. Good Heath, Good Relationships, Good Jobs, Vacations, No trials, and a God who keeps on pouring out the blessings! Oh yeah! Who wouldn't like that? .... People who truly want the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People who truly realize their need for Him. People who are lowly and humble and want to become servants of their King.


    Here's what one big-name preacher has to say on prosperity... ""It's God's will for you to live in prosperity instead of poverty. It's God's will for you to pay your bills and not be in debt."..... Wow...truly makes my heart feel joy. But, I do have to ask, which god is he following? Because that's not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


    I'm so sorry that I am going on and on about this. But God has placed all this on my heart, and I want to share it with you. I am including myself in all of this because I am at fault at many things. I am very thankful that the Lord has placed this upon my heart though, because I am in search for Truth. I have just been pondering how so many people.... so many... claim to know Jesus but never know him. It saddens me knowing that these very people, are on their way to hell.

    I pray that this message spoke to you. I pray that what came out was all in the right motive. I have so much compassion for God's people. I just want the real Gospel to be known.
    Last edited by Diggindeeper; Jul 30th 2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Edited out the name of the preacher
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    149

    Re: Being mislead

    So what are you saying? Live PERFECTLY holy 100% of the time or else? That is not the gospel either. If living holy was what saved us then there would be no need for Christ. We all make mistakes and slip and fall at times. Is God going to send us to hell for slipping at times?

    I believe we are all a work in progress and there is a difference is living a lifestyle of sin and Christian who slips and sins from time to time. The simple truth is that if it was up to us to be perfect ALL the time "or else" then 100% of us would be facing the "or else" part.

    I do agree that we should not be "practicing" sin....living a lifestyle of sin proudly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    under the pain of the wish
    Posts
    11,252
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    Something is very heavy on my heart. I hope you do not mind me sharing, and I apologize if I come on to strong about this subject.

    American Christianity.

    What has happened? Why has our belief in "God" come down to us saying one prayer and believing that it stops right there. Why do we proclaim that Jesus Christ is our Lord but never stop giving into our carnal lusts? Why have we not taken seriously the verse Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17. It does not say, if anyone is in Christ, he will or should become a new creation. The Bible tells us that we ARE a new creation if we are IN Christ. Why do we all still try and fill ourselves us with things from this world rather than become completely empty from our comforts and securities and allow God to mold us and humble us into the people that we are. How come sin is not mentioned in a lot of large growing churches today? How come pastors try and tell the congregation that it is a self help process... that Jesus wants us to be victorious by making lots of money for ourselves and having great heath and never having to undergo sufferings. What about "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " James 1:2-4? How are we supposed to consider it pure joy when leaders of the Church are telling us that God does not want us to suffer. Why should we be sharing in all of God's blessings and glory if we do not share in His sufferings? And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering Romans 8:17.

    Why would we rather hear a sermon that adapts to our liking rather than hear the Truth of Jesus Christ and let it break us because we realize so badly our need for Christ? How come churches are not taking that step to become followers of Jesus Christ? Why are we choosing to be like this world and still proclaim our love for Christ? This is not the Gospel. Jesus came for our sins. He came to this earth... the earth that we live on today, because He knew that without Him we are destined for HELL! Without Jesus Christ we would spending eternity burning. But because of Jesus, we are saved! We are brought from death unto life. We cannot live in our old ways anymore. Not by our own doing, but by the doing of Christ who transforms our hearts, minds, bodys, souls. Everything is His. All of us is HIS. We cannot give Him one knee and a prayer that says "Lord, I accept You" and then leave that day and go home and be part of which is unholy. If we want to be holy, we must hate what is unholy. It's going to cost us. It is going to cost us our idol that we place before God, it's going to cost us the t.v. show that we rush home to watch because we are addicted to it, it's going to cost us our pleasure of sin... Because God is bigger. God is greater than anything on this earth. He is the Lord. He created us. He made us, and He has saved us.

    How come preachers like Joel Osteen has so many followers? Is it because he's preaching the Truth? I don't think so. I think it's because what he is saying.. is what we like to hear. Most of what he and other preachers like him say, is to please whoever is in the church. So that they'll come back, because it's what they like to hear. Good Heath, Good Relationships, Good Jobs, Vacations, No trials, and a God who keeps on pouring out the blessings! Oh yeah! Who wouldn't like that? .... People who truly want the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People who truly realize their need for Him. People who are lowly and humble and want to become servants of their King.


    Here's what Joel has to say on prosperity... ""It's God's will for you to live in prosperity instead of poverty. It's God's will for you to pay your bills and not be in debt."..... Wow...truly makes my heart feel joy. But, I do have to ask, which god is he following? Because that's not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


    I'm so sorry that I am going on and on about this. But God has placed all this on my heart, and I want to share it with you. I am including myself in all of this because I am at fault at many things. I am very thankful that the Lord has placed this upon my heart though, because I am in search for Truth. I have just been pondering how so many people.... so many... claim to know Jesus but never know him. It saddens me knowing that these very people, are on their way to hell.

    I pray that this message spoke to you. I pray that what came out was all in the right motive. I have so much compassion for God's people. I just want the real Gospel to be known.
    I'm so glad to read your post and I am encouraged that you feel free to share what is on your heart. Speaking for myself (but I suspect others will agree) I agree with the sentiments you have expressed here and pray that God will wake us up.

    Bless you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,072
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    I'm so glad to read your post and I am encouraged that you feel free to share what is on your heart. Speaking for myself (but I suspect others will agree) I agree with the sentiments you have expressed here and pray that God will wake us up.

    Bless you.
    Posts like hers(and even your agreement with it) are such a blessing to me. The Lord is dealing with me right along these same lines. I guess I stand like David before Nathan when he said "thou art the man". I see such self interest in my own seeking of God. I thank him that he has not yielded to my numerous complaints and requests and given me my quail. I would consider my existence a total success if our Lord says to me "Well done my good and faithful servant". His glorious presence is enough of a reward for me.

    Blessings

    Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.




  5. #5

    Re: Being mislead

    I'm so glad that I could help... but it is God who is showing me and revealing these things to me. I remember when I first started wanting to know more about the Lord, I picked up a book from a very known pastor who is teaching these false doctrines. I was like, "Wow! Jesus is going to do a whole lot for me! It's not about what Jesus did for my sins, Jesus died for what He can give me! Which is heath, good looks, money, an amazing job with a perfect husband and beautiful children, this is the life"! But now, when I read the Word of the Lord, I am opened up to find what a sinner I was before I knew Christ. How He was on the Cross because of MY sins. It shows me how great, mighty, and Holy our God is. It makes me want to be in uncomfortable spots and seasons of trial because then I know I rely less on all this temporal desires of my flesh and lusts and I turn to the Father, who is above all, greater.

    Jppole21, that isn't what I am really saying... and I truly apologize if I came across as you need to be holy or else. We will never be 100% holy... or else we'd be Jesus Christ and we wouldn't need Him. What I am saying is that... we need Him... more than we realize. We need to see that His dieing on the Cross was because of our SINS not because He came to die so we could live on two sides where we choose to proclaim He is Lord, but then deny Him in all areas of our life. It's about turning away from what we WANT to do, and submit to Him in all His ways. When I said If we love which is holy, we must have which is unholy. Meaning, if we say we love God, and we offer our lives and bodies as living sacrifices and truly believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.... but then after the Sunday morning sermon, go home, turn on the tv and watch something that defiles the Gospel and we know in our hearts that God hates... why do we say we love Him? That is just a little example of how we live our daily lives. What I'm trying to say is... God wants us. Not half of us. He does not want to be divided. We are His children. We are to reflect Jesus Christ in the way that we live. I'm sorry again for coming across that way.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Strawberry Plains, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    11,338
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Being mislead

    I agree! I do believe if we are truly following Christ to the best that we can, we will BE the best that we can, no matter what life sends our way!

    I don't find anywhere that we are promised that our address changes to 'Easy Street' just because we start living for the Lord. Whether we end up on Easy Street or at the dead-end of Poverty Lane, we must be like the 3 Hebrew boys who told that old King back in Daniel chapter 3...they said, "King, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
    But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

    Did you hear that? "our God is able to deliver us, but even if he does not... then still, we will serve him.!"

    Those are words of wisdom in your OP, lovex!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

    "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

  7. #7

    Re: Being mislead

    You are right. Whatever circumstance we may be in, God can deliver us from it. We may not like the result because it isn't what we want, but we are trying to go up against the Creator of the universe. The Holy and Mighty all knowing God who knew us before the foundation of the earth. God does things that we find to be impossible... why? Because He is God. That is the simplistic yet truest answer I can give. God does not need to be proven by impressive words or speeches... He is God. He is Jesus Christ.
    Thank you for your reply....
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    149

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    I'm so glad that I could help... but it is God who is showing me and revealing these things to me. I remember when I first started wanting to know more about the Lord, I picked up a book from a very known pastor who is teaching these false doctrines. I was like, "Wow! Jesus is going to do a whole lot for me! It's not about what Jesus did for my sins, Jesus died for what He can give me! Which is heath, good looks, money, an amazing job with a perfect husband and beautiful children, this is the life"! But now, when I read the Word of the Lord, I am opened up to find what a sinner I was before I knew Christ. How He was on the Cross because of MY sins. It shows me how great, mighty, and Holy our God is. It makes me want to be in uncomfortable spots and seasons of trial because then I know I rely less on all this temporal desires of my flesh and lusts and I turn to the Father, who is above all, greater.

    Jppole21, that isn't what I am really saying... and I truly apologize if I came across as you need to be holy or else. We will never be 100% holy... or else we'd be Jesus Christ and we wouldn't need Him. What I am saying is that... we need Him... more than we realize. We need to see that His dieing on the Cross was because of our SINS not because He came to die so we could live on two sides where we choose to proclaim He is Lord, but then deny Him in all areas of our life. It's about turning away from what we WANT to do, and submit to Him in all His ways. When I said If we love which is holy, we must have which is unholy. Meaning, if we say we love God, and we offer our lives and bodies as living sacrifices and truly believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.... but then after the Sunday morning sermon, go home, turn on the tv and watch something that defiles the Gospel and we know in our hearts that God hates... why do we say we love Him? That is just a little example of how we live our daily lives. What I'm trying to say is... God wants us. Not half of us. He does not want to be divided. We are His children. We are to reflect Jesus Christ in the way that we live. I'm sorry again for coming across that way.
    You have no reason to be sorry. I misunderstood and misread. I agree totally when you explained further.

  9. #9

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    Why do we proclaim that Jesus Christ is our Lord but never stop giving into our carnal lusts?
    It's simple really. When we get saved, it is our spirit that has become new, not the flesh.
    If a person is sick when they gave their life to Christ, they will still be sick after they
    have made Him the Lord of their life. The sickness doesn't disappear at the point of
    salvation outside of a miracle of healing.

    Likewise, our way of thinking, reasoning, belief systems, values, etc do not go away
    after salvation. According to Romans 12:2, we are to renew our minds so we can
    be transformed into the likenss of Christ. This is where people come up short.
    Each new believer has to work at being like Christ on a daily basis. Otherwise,
    they will continue living as they did before and very little about their life will
    have changed. The biggest change will be they are born again and get to
    enjoy eternity with Christ.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    How are we supposed to consider it pure joy when leaders of the Church are telling us that God does not want us to suffer. Why should we be sharing in all of God's blessings and glory if we do not share in His sufferings?
    What type of suffering are you talking about? As an American, all I have to do
    is turn on the news and my spirit will be instantly grieved by what going on
    around us. The way I see it, Christ took my sufferings for me on the cross.
    He didn't shed His blood only for my salvation, but every stripe He bore was
    so that I can be healed (Is 53:5, Ps 107:20). His death on the cross was
    total and complete for every area of our lives.


    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    Here's what one big-name preacher has to say on prosperity... "It's God's will for you to live in prosperity instead of poverty. It's God's will for you to pay your bills and not be in debt."..... Wow...truly makes my heart feel joy. But, I do have to ask, which god is he following? Because that's not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    What part of this statement is NOT the gospel of Christ? The very word
    Gospel means "good news". Well, what's the good news? Take a look at
    Matt 11:4-6. Jesus told His disciples to report what was happening.
    The blind see; the lame walk; the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the
    dead are raised to life, and the good news is preached to the poor.

    So many people think prosperity only means money but from this
    one scripture, Jesus went out preaching and teaching prosperity
    which included wholeness in the body so that they would not
    have to suffer from sickness and disease. The good news to
    the poor is that they do not have to remain poor any more.

    With all the foreclosures and job loss going on today, what would
    it do to a family if you could not only pay their mortgage, but
    pay off their entire house note for them? Wouldn't this bless
    them in a mighty way? I mean, we can pray for people but what
    better way to be a servant of the King than to be a blessing to
    others financially.

    If you look at Jesus' entire ministry, you will see that He taught
    more about money than He did salvation which is why money is
    the main part of His ministry that is being attacked today.
    Satan don't want the poor to receive the good news so he
    is misleading folks into thinking that the so called "prosperity
    gospel" is all about me,me,me and how much money, big
    houses, big cars, etc I can obtain.

    Satan's goal is to keep God's children poor so that they cannot
    further this good news. He would rather promote a state of
    false humility of having only just enough for me and my house.
    This attitude prevents us from being able to help someone else.
    If he put a spin on the good news by saying it promotes idol worship,
    then Christians will reject it.

    If Jesus taught it, preached it and lived it, then so will I.

  10. #10

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    It's simple really. When we get saved, it is our spirit that has become new, not the flesh.
    If a person is sick when they gave their life to Christ, they will still be sick after they
    have made Him the Lord of their life. The sickness doesn't disappear at the point of
    salvation outside of a miracle of healing.

    Likewise, our way of thinking, reasoning, belief systems, values, etc do not go away
    after salvation. According to Romans 12:2, we are to renew our minds so we can
    be transformed into the likenss of Christ. This is where people come up short.
    Each new believer has to work at being like Christ on a daily basis. Otherwise,
    they will continue living as they did before and very little about their life will
    have changed. The biggest change will be they are born again and get to
    enjoy eternity with Christ.



    What type of suffering are you talking about? As an American, all I have to do
    is turn on the news and my spirit will be instantly grieved by what going on
    around us. The way I see it, Christ took my sufferings for me on the cross.
    He didn't shed His blood only for my salvation, but every stripe He bore was
    so that I can be healed (Is 53:5, Ps 107:20). His death on the cross was
    total and complete for every area of our lives.




    What part of this statement is NOT the gospel of Christ? The very word
    Gospel means "good news". Well, what's the good news? Take a look at
    Matt 11:4-6. Jesus told His disciples to report what was happening.
    The blind see; the lame walk; the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the
    dead are raised to life, and the good news is preached to the poor.

    So many people think prosperity only means money but from this
    one scripture, Jesus went out preaching and teaching prosperity
    which included wholeness in the body so that they would not
    have to suffer from sickness and disease. The good news to
    the poor is that they do not have to remain poor any more.

    With all the foreclosures and job loss going on today, what would
    it do to a family if you could not only pay their mortgage, but
    pay off their entire house note for them? Wouldn't this bless
    them in a mighty way? I mean, we can pray for people but what
    better way to be a servant of the King than to be a blessing to
    others financially.

    If you look at Jesus' entire ministry, you will see that He taught
    more about money than He did salvation which is why money is
    the main part of His ministry that is being attacked today.
    Satan don't want the poor to receive the good news so he
    is misleading folks into thinking that the so called "prosperity
    gospel" is all about me,me,me and how much money, big
    houses, big cars, etc I can obtain.

    Satan's goal is to keep God's children poor so that they cannot
    further this good news. He would rather promote a state of
    false humility of having only just enough for me and my house.
    This attitude prevents us from being able to help someone else.
    If he put a spin on the good news by saying it promotes idol worship,
    then Christians will reject it.

    If Jesus taught it, preached it and lived it, then so will I.
    Thank you for response back. I hope I can answer your questions well...

    Firstly I totally agree with you on the first part that you said about sin not going away. It will never go away, we sin against God everyday... but what I do feel that should change would be our sensitivity towards sin. Before Christ, we never cared about our sin or had any type of grief from it... but now, Christ living in us, we are to have a completely different attitude towards sin. One thing I don't understand about what you said was, Likewise, our way of thinking, reasoning, belief systems, values, etc do not go away after salvation. I look at where I am at right now in my life compared to two years ago, and my thought process is so different. Yes, I still have thoughts that are unGodly, but.. .they affect me. They make me turn to God rather than cling to the thoughts. My values have also changed drastically. God has changed my view on things that I once thought were okay. You know what I mean? Sorry If I am not explaining this very well...

    Your question about suffering. Suffering for the Cross. Stepping out of your comfort zone to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ while you know it may cause division. Suffering for Christ. Being persecuted because you are set apart from the rest of the world.

    The question about the pastors quote. What do you tell people that have worked so hard their whole life but still find themselves struggling so much. In debt, and having a hard time. What do you tell the family who just doesn't measure up to this worlds standards with the fancy cars, expensive cellphones, and great relationships? Do they feel like God just doesn't care about them because they are in poverty? Jesus Christ is the good news. The Gospel is to sustain us. Not money. Not a million dollar house. But Jesus Christ. He is enough. He is whole and complete. For some reason, this is totally in my own opinion, I find it to be so amazing when I see someone who has literally nothing, nothing of this world, to have such strong faith in the Lord opposed to someone who is living the American dream while everything is going perfectly well in their life who claim that Jesus is Lord.


    Hope I made some sense. Thank you again.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Being mislead

    Most of what's wrong with American Christianity, and Christianity in general is that we've forgotten how to follow the Lord and have instead followed men, looking to them as if they had any answers. This isn't a new problem either but has been besetting us from the beginning (i.e. I'm of Paul, I'm of Whoever, etc.). That's where you get "big name" ministries from and etc. where it's no longer about Jesus but whatever comes out of people's mouths.

    Who is shut up with the Lord on a regular basis in one on one prayer and intimacy? Who looks to Him for all their provision? Who knows the voice of the Shepherd and will not follow that of a stranger? Who points people to Jesus, only Jesus, and nothing but Jesus, crucified, dead, buried, resurrected, glorified, on His throne, coming again to judge the living and the dead?

    Who walks that balance of Word and Spirit and is filled with both?

    Get your eyes off people. Get them on the Lord. Then you'll be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

    Says she, and now on her way to go do as she has preached.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    252

    Re: Being mislead

    Thank You for your comments, and yes for me also there are plenty of blind leaders leading the blind toward the ditch; and (as you´ve also said) the people like it so, that instead of Truth, many rather desire to hear of a cheap no cost faith, in which nothing is required of them, other then merely being told they shall go to heaven just because. I would just add these couple of verses also:
    "And they that are (belong to) Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts". (Gal 5:24)
    "The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love [to have it] so: and what will ye do in the end thereof? (Jer 5:31)
    And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
    Acts 28:24

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tennessee, usa
    Posts
    1,487

    Re: Being mislead

    You make some good points, but it's not like the preachers on tv that have mega churches, aren't changing lives in Christ. Have you ever heard Joel olsteen preach, he is great, idk if he is the one your talking about, but he has definately helped me with my walk with Christ.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

  14. #14

    Re: Being mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    One thing I don't understand about what you said was, Likewise, our way of thinking, reasoning, belief systems, values, etc do not go away after salvation. I look at where I am at right now in my life compared to two years ago, and my thought process is so different.
    Your thought process are different today because you've had 2 years to work on it.
    This is what I meant in my statement. When I say these things don't change after
    salvation, I simply meant they do not change the day you get saved. It's a process.
    The person who makes a conscious effort to grow in Christ will take on the mind
    of Christ but the person who does nothing will find that his current way of thinking,
    reasoning, belief systems values etc will not change.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    The question about the pastors quote. What do you tell people that have worked so hard their whole life but still find themselves struggling so much. In debt, and having a hard time. What do you tell the family who just doesn't measure up to this worlds standards with the fancy cars, expensive cellphones, and great relationships? Do they feel like God just doesn't care about them because they are in poverty?
    I tell them to get their eyes off the "worlds standards" and focus on Christ.
    I encourage them to seek God for the answer to get out of debt and poverty.
    One word from God will change their entire life but they need to seek Him.
    Then I give them scriptural reference to show them that God cares about
    their financial needs such as the following:

    2 Kings 4
    God sent Elisha to a widow's house to help her get out of debt.
    Later in that chapter, God use Elisha to raise her child from the
    dead.

    2 Kings 6:1-7
    God works thru Elisha again to cause a borrowed axe head to float.
    This example goes along perfectly with Roman 13:8 that says to
    "Owe no man nothing but to love him". Another translation states
    it like this: "Pay all your debts except the debt of love for others".

    Deut 8:18
    Chapter 8 in Deuteronomy is a call to remember and obey. Verse 18
    states to "Remember the Lord your God for it is He who gives you the
    power to get wealth that He may fulfill the covenant He made with
    your ancestors

    Has God changed His views concerning debt? There's just too many
    scriptures to list any more examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    Jesus Christ is the good news. The Gospel is to sustain us. Not money. Not a million dollar house. But Jesus Christ. He is enough. He is whole and complete.
    I agree that Jesus is whole and complete. There's nothing wrong with
    Jesus. Wanting money to pay your bills and keep a roof over your
    children's head does not imply that Christ is not enough. It implies
    that there are needs that have to be filled while on this earth and
    money is simply a tool to do that and also further the gospel. A
    Christian must employ the right relationship with money so that
    it does not become an idol.

    I don't understand what you mean when you say the Gospel will sustain
    us. How will the gospel sustain a person who's car was just repossessed
    due to not having enough money to pay the note? Or sustain a family
    who's light/water/gas was turned off? Or sustain a family who was just
    evicted from their apartment?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,302
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Being mislead

    Thank you Lovex for sharing what's on your heart, I know the Lord has placed His Truth in you! May our gracious Lord continue to lead you in Spirit and in Truth! May we all seek the Truth that will save us and set us free! May our will be conformed to His, may our hearts be yielded and sensitive to His leading, that we may walk after His Spirit and not after the flesh! Sin is always a choice, we need only chose Him over the sin and He will help us overcome!! Hallelujah, glory to God!

    blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

    The Lifehouse Skit

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •