cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Y'all Heard About The Warren Jeffs Trial? Criminal 'RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!

Blog Entries

Have Y'all Heard About The Warren Jeffs Trial? Criminal 'RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!

Poligamist FLDS leader Warren Jeffs GUILTY, Sentencing Phase Begins..
    By WILL WEISSERT and PAUL J. WEBER, AP

Read the entire news article here: (I bolded parts)
    Polygamist leader walks out of sentencing hearing | US National Headlines | Comcast.net
    http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...gamist.Leader/

An excerpt:
    SAN ANGELO, Texas — A polygamist sect leader convicted of child sexual assault walked out of his sentencing hearing in protest Friday, after reading a statement he claimed was from God. The statement promised a "whirlwind of judgment" on the world if God's "humble servant" wasn't set free.

Warren Jeffs, 55, represented himself during an eight-day trial that ended with his conviction on two counts of sexual assault. The same jury must now decide his punishment — which could be up to 119 years to life in prison.

But before the punishment phase began and jurors had even been brought back into court Friday, Jeffs said, "I request the full removal of myself as an objection to all that has been presented."

(Please read the whole article. I am apalled that this is ALLOWED in the United States! This is criminal slavery, disguised as a 'religion'! All this criminal activity must be investigated and these compounds SHUT DOWN1 This is only SOME of the crimes being committed in the FLDS! More from the same article))
    Prosecutors' strategy during sentencing involves showing jurors evidence of Jeffs committing a slew of alleged crimes not mentioned during his trial.

For starters, Jeffs had 78 wives along with his legal spouse, and 24 of them were under age 17, said Eric Nichols, lead prosecutor for the Texas attorney general's office, which is handling the case. Nichols also said he would show that Jeffs committed six other sexual assaults and either witnessed or performed more than 500 polygamist marriages, as well as 67 other sect marriages involving underage girls.

Jeffs spent years evading arrest — crisscrossing the country as a fugitive who eventually made the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list before his capture in 2006, Nichols said, and he excommunicated 60 church members he saw as a threat to his leadership, breaking up 300 families while stripping them of property and "reassigning" wives and children.

All of that is separate from the assaults on two girls, ages 12 and 15, that Jeffs was convicted of Thursday, after jurors deliberated for 3 1/2 hours. Prosecutors used DNA evidence to show Jeffs fathered a child with the older victim and played an audio recording of what they said was him sexually assaulting the younger one. They played other tapes in which Jeffs was heard instructing as many as a dozen of his young wives on how to please him sexually — and thus, he told them, please God.

After Jeffs left the courtroom Friday, Nichols gave an opening statement, saying Jeffs was guilty of "a breathtaking quantity of criminal activity" as head of the FLDS.

They played a recording in court of the rape of the 12 year old child who was ONLY 12 days into her 12th year, and it proved there were women holding the girl down while he consumated the marriage to the girl! One of the women was HER MOTHER! There was also a number of men there who 'witnessed' the rape!

They live in a compound with a HIGH fence and a locked gate. Women are BORN into this cult and hand over their girls to these so-called PROPHETS...old men!

You won't find many 'boys' there. Some who have escaped are saying once the boys become competion for the old men, they are taken away and put out on the side of the road. Nowhere to stay, no jobs, no money.... Some end up committing suicide. Others turn to male prostitution. They steal or do whatever they can to survive. ALL are barely educated, because they are not allowed to attend public schools and all books in the compound are written by WARREN JEFFS!

I can't believe this is allowed in America! Its a mockery of 'freedom of religion' and all of this FLDS craziness must be stopped!
    (By the way, those who have escaped say even some sheriffs and judges are FLDS and they help protect the compounds. even taking some back who ESCAPE! And then, the escapees are really in bad trouble at the compounds!) Its just all mind boggling!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Re: Have Y'all Heard About The Warren Jeffs Trial? Criminal 'RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!

This isn't a religion, it's a cult!
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

This is disgraceful and disgusting.
    He has all those wives and he still has to rape young girls?
    I would like to say more but I am trying to restrain myself.

Yes Hunter I agree, it is a cult.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Dear God! This is horrifying and it must be stopped! It's nothing more than a child sex slavery ring for child molesters. They have so many wives because they can't enjoy their wives when they get older, so they marry a child again. And these women help and hold the child down?!?!?! It makes me sick, this isn't religion, this is perversion and mind control in full.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Yes! Absolutely!
    And I intend to write, email, phone...any way I can...to my Congressmen/women in Washington! Criminal acts in the name of 'religion' cannot be tolerated in this nation!

No organized group who puts the sign 'RELIGION' over their criminal actions should be allowed to continue! Child rape cannot be tolerated. Bigamy cannot be tolerated. I know there is 'freedom of religion', but this is CRIMINAL! Our lawmakers MUST draw a line somewhere. This is like a mafia for a gang of pedophiles breaking SERIOUS laws of our land.

There are at least 10,000 in this cult spead out in 'compounds' in Utah, Arizona, and several more states including Texas...which is the ONLY state that is trying to do something about it!

Its hard to believe this is happening unde our noses!

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries

More about his sentencing trial, going on right now. This is from Forbes.... (Link follows this excerpt)

Women on Jury and on the Bench for Jeffs Trial

For a man who violated women, it is an ironic twist that a 10-woman jury that, together with two male jurors, convicted Jeffs after a trial presided over by a woman judge, a trial that just unravel Jeffs’ 10,000-member “church.” The sentencing phase of the trial is now underway.

Jeffs, 55, fired his attorneys because they were not willing to present what they believed to be a ridiculous defense – that God was controlling Jeffs’ activities as he raped pre-teen and teen girls. Jeffs did not deny the charges but claimed the marriages and sexual assaults of his underage brides were ordained by God. As a prophet of his Fundamentalist church, argued Jeffs, the laws of the land could not be applied to him or his religion.

Jeffs’ religious sect, long based in an enclave on the twin border towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona, in the red-rock foothills, split from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when the mainstream Mormon Church banned polygamy more than a century ago.

America’s Most Wanted Religious Pedophile

The taking down of Warren Steed Jeffs as a leader of his FLDS “church” and as a sexual predator began near Las Vegas in 2006, when a Nevada Highway Patrol trooper, in a routine traffic stop, pulled over the driver of the 2007 Cadillac Escalade in which Jeffs was a passenger. The trooper had unknowingly stopped one of the most notorious wanted men in America. At the time, Jeffs, who’d been on the lam for several years to evade arrest, was on the FBI’s Top 10 Most Wanted List, right up there with Osama bin Laden.

Here's the link to the whole article:

FLDS Girls Vindicated as Pedophile "Prophet" Awaits Sentencing -

http://blogs.forbes.com/shenegotiate...ts-sentencing/

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    Yes! Absolutely!
    And I intend to write, email, phone...any way I can...to my Congressmen/women in Washington! Criminal acts in the name of 'religion' cannot be tolerated in this nation!

No organized group who puts the sign 'RELIGION' over their criminal actions should be allowed to continue! Child rape cannot be tolerated. Bigamy cannot be tolerated. I know there is 'freedom of religion', but this is CRIMINAL! Our lawmakers MUST draw a line somewhere. This is like a mafia for a gang of pedophiles breaking SERIOUS laws of our land.

There are at least 10,000 in this cult spead out in 'compounds' in Utah, Arizona, and several more states including Texas...which is the ONLY state that is trying to do something about it!

Its hard to believe this is happening unde our noses!
    Start a petition sister, I'll sign it!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    Start a petition sister, I'll sign it!
    Me too, and I don't think there is many people who wouldn't sign it.
    Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

This guy makes me sick. I heard a audio clip of him with his 12 year old wife, and I have never been mad in my life. I don't want to go into detail about it, but the guy shuld be in jail to protect the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by danield View Post
    This guy makes me sick. I heard a audio clip of him with his 12 year old wife, and I have never been mad in my life. I don't want to go into detail about it, but the guy shuld be in jail to protect the innocent.
    This guy is one example of why I would have no problem with the death penalty being applied
    in cases of abuse, molestation, and rape especially when the victim is 8 or less / pre-teen (9-12) / just barely a teen (13-14).
    "Love is not about you...and it never was"
    "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
    Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
    It's main weapon is lack of truth.
    Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
    by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
    Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
    about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
    the best I can.

I can't believe this is allowed in America!
    It's not.

As for "freedom of religion", parents essentially have dictatorial control over their children. We pay for freedom of speech by having people say things that offend us, we pay for freedom of religion too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    It's not.

As for "freedom of religion", parents essentially have dictatorial control over their children. We pay for freedom of speech by having people say things that offend us, we pay for freedom of religion too.
    'WE' don't pay. It sounds to me like the victims of this criminal cult are the ones paying. And Jeffs KNEW that. This is from the news today, as they are nearing the finish of his sentencing phase of the trial. This was testified to earlier today:
    Prosecutors showed a page from one of Jeffs' journals.

"If the world knew what I was doing, they would hang me from the highest tree," Jeffs wrote in 2005, according to one of thousands of pages of notes seized from his Texas ranch.

YES! He knew the things he was doing was CRIMINAL. He just assumed he had such a tight control over EVERYONE under his control that they would not dare expose him. (And they didn't!)

More from today's news about the trial:

Prosecutors suggested that the polygamist leader told the girls they needed to have sex with him — in what Jeffs called "heavenly" or "celestial" sessions — in order to atone for sins in his community. Several times in his journals, Jeffs wrote of God telling him to take more and more young girls as brides "who can be worked with and easily taught."

FBI agent John Broadway testified that fathers who gave their young daughters to Jeffs — their prophet — were rewarded with young brides of their own. Girls who proved reluctant to have sex with Jeffs were sent away, according to excerpts from Jeffs' journals that prosecutors showed to the jury.

"If they wanted to not be rejected by God, then the new laws (Jeffs) was introducing was requiring them to participate in these sessions," Broadway said.

The recordings and journals were seized during a 2008 raid on an FLDS ranch in rural West Texas
    . That raid led to the charges against Jeffs and several of his followers.

Jeffs spent years evading arrest — crisscrossing the country as a fugitive who eventually made the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list before his capture in 2006, prosecutors said. Jeffs also allegedly excommunicated 60 church members he saw as a threat to his leadership, breaking up 300 families while stripping them of property and "reassigning" wives and children.

Decrumpit, its true as you said, "...parents essentially have dictatorial control over their children." But in this criminal CULT, how in the world do they keep track of who is supposed to be 'the parents' of these children? This, to me, can be compared to the Old Testament times when children (even babies) were thrown into the fire supposedly to appease their false god. That's my opinion of the whole mess.

Again I say I want a complete federal investigation of the compounds involved in this cult which has no right to call themselves Christian.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out up north of the border. BC has a smallish commune of FLDS. The provincial government has attempted a lawsuit, but I'm not sure where it stands.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Blog Entries

I pray this ring of pedophiles is stopped EVERYWHERE! North of our border included!

Warren Jeffs is the 'ring leader', but someone else will just seize control and hop onto his throne he has sat up, unless it is STOPPED AND THE OFFENDERS GIVEN APPROPRIATE SENTENCES.

Blog Entries

'PROPHET' is sentenced to life plus 20 years in prison!

He is not eligible for parole for 45 years! Meaning...he would be eligible for parole at age 100! (He's 55 now!)
    PLUS...he is scheduled to go to trial in October for Bigamy!

More cases are pending and the investigation is ongoing. God bless those people in Texas!

Thread Information