cure-real

Thread: Need some advice

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's sorely missed but being changed by Daddy while talking to Him in dreams, while he showers me with blessings afterwards
    Blog Entries

Need some advice

I have daily a lot of pain due to my diseases...... that's something I am able to live with from my bed, but what I can't understand is that the pain they CAN do something about takes so long to be taken care of........ My bladderpains can be helped by a surgery, which is pretty new, but they promised me that after waiting for 3 months, finally the doc went 3 weeks on vacation and after that there were only a few before me on the waitinglist........ Now I called her first workday again and I was told that the paperwork hadn't been done yet and it would take a while to do so....... they didn't give me a timeline so it could be another couple of months.........
    It means that I have to keep on taking meds against the pain that make me so tired that I sleep most of the day away, and when we do go away I am exhausted for 2 to 3 days afterwards....... even if it is just people visiting me....... so that's difficult to deal with........
    With that comes that 3/4 of my friends here forgot my birthday (the 17th) so that was disappointing too.......
    My husband is very supportive, giving me extra kisses and hugs and doing things for me that I like, so that's not the problem either......
    I just don't know, I think the combination of taking those meds (it's a side effect of them and a few others that I take) and the endless waiting for the surgery is making me depressive........
    Going out is not the answer, although we do so regularly and it costs me 2 days again or 3........ just being out of the bed gives me bedsores so that's no option either.....

Anyone has any idea how to fight this beginning depression?

Love you all very much,
    Mieke
    So come on, let Me dream, let Me dream for you
    I am strong when you're weak and I'll carry you
    So let go of your plan, be caught by My hand
    I'll show you what I can do
    When I dream for you
    I have a dream for you

Casting Crowns

Re: Need some advice

Hi Mieke,
    First I want to say Happy Birthday! I haven't been on the boards in quiet awhile. Hon, please don't let yourself get depressed. I know it's got to be so frustrating to go through all that you have had to deal with day in and day out and no one seems to want to help you when it would be so easy to lesson your pain. I too have cronic pain and have to take pills just to live without constant hurting. Let me ask you something, are you being assertive enough with these people? Sometimes being nice all the time gets you nowhere. I'm a nice person and I know that usually the one on the other end of the phone line is just doing their job but you have to keep bugging them to DO SOMETHING! Remember, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease". I wish I could be there with you for a few days and I would try my best to get some help for you. I know you and Charles don't feel like dealing with these people on the phone all the time. Thank the good Lord for Charles! I hope I'm not out of line with this post but I can just tell by your words how bad you feel. Mieke, I will pray extra for you.
    You are such a sweet and giving person! I just want you to get better. Beverly
    There is nothing like hearing the prayer of a little child

Hi,

I haven't been to the Women at the Well for a while -- I'm glad I popped in. I feel so bad you are going thru this. I'm sure the meds have alot to do with your mood. On the surgery, I'm not sure how the medical system is over there, but can they not be more specific with you. What paperwork is not completed. DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL THEM AND TELL THEM TO PUT YOU AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE ???

You are a very very giving and unselfish person. I think people like you are prone to feeling like this periodically. Because you give give give --- it does take a toll. I'm sure alot of people make withdrawals from your bank of love but not enough people are making deposits back into it !!!

What can I do to help you ???

P.S. My friends forget my birthday too !! Because I'm right after Christmas, people are tired of celebrating and get-togethers, etc., so I fall between the cracks. It does hurt my feelings tho.

Blog Entries

Hey, Meike -- How are you doing?

I wish I could give you some good advice to help you thwart the depression, but I can say that I love you and will pray for you.

You are loved by so many. Praying that God reveals His love to you on deeper levels, and that He really ministers to your heart during this time.

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's sorely missed but being changed by Daddy while talking to Him in dreams, while he showers me with blessings afterwards
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for your sweet answers........ it's great comfort that I am loved here by you all and also by Charles, my parents and brother and my friend Tina and her boyfriend Willem and the elder & minister of my church............ that's all the people I have in my life, the rest of the family doesn't care about me....... although I do have some dear friends on FB too that love me and I love all of these people, and that includes you all here very much......... you all brighten my days..........
    We just getting blow after blow........... financially we're doing very badly and we are stuck at the house again, depending on the taxi, as we have to give up the scooter again, first of all I have trouble steering and in this way that I already had an accident with a car twice and not even at a hard speed, and secondly because it causes a lot of pain in my arms, at the moment itself and about 3 to 4 days afterwards, so we're looking into an electric wheelchair now......... could take a while but at least we can go outside again then.......... and I can also use it in the house as walking hurts my legs a lot......... but for now we're stuck at the house...... we need to go into town soon, but we'll do that with the taxi again...........
    Charles says I am not that depressed anymore and I don't feel that either...........
    Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!

Love you all very much,
    Mieke
    So come on, let Me dream, let Me dream for you
    I am strong when you're weak and I'll carry you
    So let go of your plan, be caught by My hand
    I'll show you what I can do
    When I dream for you
    I have a dream for you

Casting Crowns

Thread Information