cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On Praying for Sickness and Healing.

On Praying for Sickness and Healing.

I have nothing against praying for peple when they are sick or need healed, but Jesus gave us and his diciples authority over these things. When we want somebody healed we need to command that whatever it is that's bothering them be gone by the authority of Jesus. Thats what he told the diciples to do.
    I'll provide a link on this. If you watch this video he has a ling below from Carl Henderson who go's way more in depth on this.

http://youtu.be/rW3twoQKpVw

Re: On Praying for Sickness and Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBolt View Post
    I have nothing against praying for peple when they are sick or need healed, but Jesus gave us and his diciples authority over these things. When we want somebody healed we need to command that whatever it is that's bothering them be gone by the authority of Jesus. Thats what he told the diciples to do.
    I'll provide a link on this. If you watch this video he has a ling below from Carl Henderson who go's way more in depth on this.

Mat 9:2 And, behold! They were bringing a paralytic lying on a cot to Him. And seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed one, Be comforted, child. Your sins have been remitted.

Mat 9:22 But turning and seeing her, Jesus said, Be comforted, daughter; your faith has healed you. And the woman was healed from that hour.

Mat 9:28 And coming into the house, the blind ones came near to Him. And Jesus says to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this? And they said to Him, Yes, Lord.
    Mat 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith let it be to you.

Act 14:8 And a certain man was sitting in Lystra, powerless in the feet, being lame from his mother's womb, who had never walked.
    Act 14:9 This one heard Paul speaking, who, looking intently at him, and seeing that he had faith to be cured,
    Act 14:10 he said with a loud voice, Stand upright on your feet! And he leaped up and walked about.

Mat 13:58 And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

And despite the authority that Jesus had and the power that God gave to the Apostles, we are not given that same power today.

I have yet to witness an instant healing - except on TV by stage show performers - in real life. Prayer for healing leads people to eventually be healed - maybe. Sometimes, those whom we pray for die anyway.

Sometimes, the healed person had all the faith and was healed, sometimes - despite the faith that the person who was sick had - the sickness didn't leave at all.

There are times in the bible when an unbeliever was healed. It was the faith of the person praying that healed the individual - not the faith of the person who was ill.

I love to hear stories of miraculous healing, but I have yet to see it with my own eyes. The healings that I get to witness take time and usually medicine.

Faith? I have lots of faith. I have faith that all things will come to good for those who love Jesus and are called according to His purpose. God takes care of me and my family - on His time schedule and according to His will. I pray for healing, and so far each time - we are healed. It has never been instantly after asking - it has always taken a certain amount of time. That is not the type of healing that Jesus and his Desciples did.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    And despite the authority that Jesus had and the power that God gave to the Apostles, we are not given that same power today.

I have yet to witness an instant healing - except on TV by stage show performers - in real life. Prayer for healing leads people to eventually be healed - maybe. Sometimes, those whom we pray for die anyway.

Sometimes, the healed person had all the faith and was healed, sometimes - despite the faith that the person who was sick had - the sickness didn't leave at all.

There are times in the bible when an unbeliever was healed. It was the faith of the person praying that healed the individual - not the faith of the person who was ill.

I love to hear stories of miraculous healing, but I have yet to see it with my own eyes. The healings that I get to witness take time and usually medicine.

Faith? I have lots of faith. I have faith that all things will come to good for those who love Jesus and are called according to His purpose. God takes care of me and my family - on His time schedule and according to His will. I pray for healing, and so far each time - we are healed. It has never been instantly after asking - it has always taken a certain amount of time. That is not the type of healing that Jesus and his Desciples did.
    I've experienced/witnessed instant healing and have listened to the testimony of others who either experienced/witnessed an instant healing or were the ones who received an instant healing.

Don't forget, the Apostles weren't the ONLY people empowered to heal. MANY others in the scriptures were also empowered and they were disciples like you, like me, like any and all disciples today.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

So when a mother loses her child, why doesn't the church tell her the REAL reason the baby died? "lack of faith".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Mat 9:2 And, behold! They were bringing a paralytic lying on a cot to Him. And seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed one, Be comforted, child. Your sins have been remitted.

Mat 9:22 But turning and seeing her, Jesus said, Be comforted, daughter; your faith has healed you. And the woman was healed from that hour.

Mat 9:28 And coming into the house, the blind ones came near to Him. And Jesus says to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this? And they said to Him, Yes, Lord.
    Mat 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith let it be to you.

Act 14:8 And a certain man was sitting in Lystra, powerless in the feet, being lame from his mother's womb, who had never walked.
    Act 14:9 This one heard Paul speaking, who, looking intently at him, and seeing that he had faith to be cured,
    Act 14:10 he said with a loud voice, Stand upright on your feet! And he leaped up and walked about.

Mat 13:58 And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.
    Amen!!

Sad though that there are many a church with leaders who preach about the healing power of God yet have NEVER experienced or witnessed healing in the church for generations.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    So when a mother loses her child, why doesn't the church tell her the REAL reason the baby died? "lack of faith".
    Ummmm, why would anyone think that the reason for a child's death is due to a lack of faith?
    Slug1--out

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Ummmm, why would anyone think that the reason for a child's death is due to a lack of faith?
    We were all supposedly given authority over these things. Why did nobody use such authority to ensure the baby was born happy and healthy?

Because there wasn't enough faith. That's why.

Blog Entries

We were all supposedly given authority over these things. Why did nobody use such authority to ensure the baby was born happy and healthy?

Don't know dude. Some things just need to be taken up with God and let him answer the question(s).
    Slug1--out

Exactly! We already have the wherewithal to be healed within us, if we are born again!

Quote Originally Posted by Desperaux View Post
    Exactly! We already have the wherewithal to be healed within us, if we are born again!
    And what of people who have not been healed? Not enough faith? Not born again?

Blog Entries

Jesus never went out of the healing business, and yes miracles DO still happen today. I myself HAVE received instant healing and have confirmation from my surgeons who were going to operate on me. Its written down in my medical records! (And i was at home. My husband was the one who prayed for me, not some big-name-TV-preacher at some mega meeting! Just me and my husband who prayed for me. That's it!)

But, I say you are wrong that we get it in our mind that we can DEMAND a healing. That's getting off into the 'Name-it-and-claim-it' Word of Faith stuff. Who would I think I am to DEMAND a healing? We cannot have faith in OUR WORDS. Or to DEMAND that God do anything. He IS God, after all. Not me!

Our faith MUST be in God, not in our words or how forceful we SAY anything! We are nothing but dirt.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries

God does not make His people immune to the changes of human life, But HE gives us grace to see things through to a satisfactory conclusion. God always stays the same so that those who trust in Him will find comfort and courage to endure.
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Quote Originally Posted by Ta-An View Post
    God does not make His people immune to the changes of human life, But HE gives us grace to see things through to a satisfactory conclusion. God always stays the same so that those who trust in Him will find comfort and courage to endure.
    Indeed. God does stay the same. For those who must endure, I wonder what it feels like to constantly hear one's peers talk about how easy healing should be if one just has enough faith?

God will heal whomever He wills to be healed, and it won't matter how confident that person is in divine miraculous healing. What if it is God's will for one to suffer physical calamity?

Blog Entries

Indeed. God does stay the same. For those who must endure, I wonder what it feels like to constantly hear one's peers talk about how easy healing should be if one just has enough faith?

God will heal whomever He wills to be healed, and it won't matter how confident that person is in divine miraculous healing. What if it is God's will for one to suffer physical calamity?
    Hisleast... while there is no doubt not ALL are healed at all, that doesn't mean some are. If a person's heart is bitter because of any lack of healing, then what is the value of their faith in God? Why contest anyone talking about God healing because they or others have not received healing themselves?

I've not been healed of my physical impairments yet when I pray for others, God has healed them. Do you hear me complain... ever? NO, I'm praising God for what He does do.
    Slug1--out

Thread Information