Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lake of Fire FOUND!!

The Lake of Fire FOUND!!

I was pondering about these verses of what the lake of fire of molten brimstone really is.

Rev. 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev. 21: 8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

According to these verses, it is a lake of fire of molten brimstone. Brimstone is another word for Sulfur. The temperature in which sulfur turns to liquid or molten is about 115.21C, just a little above the boiling point of water. It's not very hot at all. At that temperature, sulfur produces a low light blue flame which is best seen in the dark. Even the fire from the match emits brighter light than this.

So, how can this lake of fire of molten Sulfur which has a low temperature which emits a low light blue flame be the lake of fire?

I was thinking about this for a brief moment until I realized that the verse did not say a lake of molten Sulfur but a Lake of Fire and Sulfur. There is indeed a big difference here.

So, now, we are seeing two qualities of this fiery place:

1) It is a lake of fire
    2) It has sulfur in it

I was doing some research and I stumbled upon NASA's website, and I quote:

"The most common isotope of sulfur, 32S, has a nuclear proton-neutron complement equivalent to eight alpha particles or two 160 nuclei. Nucleosynthesis during explosive oxygen burning in the supernova phase of stellar evolution produces sulfur at high yield (Truran, 1973).

Besides the high level of sulfur in the Sun and widespread and diverse occurrences on Earth, the Venusian atmosphere is laden with sulfuric acid aerosol droplets-in Spite of original expectations (Lewis, 1972) that sulfur would not accrete as condensed compounds at or within the orbits of Venus and Mercury. "

http://history.nasa.gov/CP-2156/ch1.3.htm

According to NASA, our Sun contains high level of Sulfur, about 0.25%, according to the table 1. To compare, we can fit 1,000,000 Earths inside the Sun. So, the Sulfur content of the Sun would be about 2,500 Earths. That is how much Sulfur the Sun contains.

Now, looking at the Sun's surface, taken by Japan's Hinode (Solar-B) spacecraft, they got this footage from the Sun's surface:

It is interesting to note the Sun's surface looks fluid like an ocean with violent waves in a storm with some waves reaching up so high. It looks like a LAKE OF FIRE.

Not only that the Sun's surface looks like a lake of fire, it also contains high level of Sulfur!

According to the verses above, it describes HELL just like the SUN - "A LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE".

Is this the HELL, Revelation was trying to convey to us? It has frighteningly the same attributes as the Sun - LAKE OF FIRE AND SULFUR! I had totally no idea that the Sun contains so much SULFUR!

I use to think that HELL is somewhere underground, but, reading the evidences here, I now believe it is right above us and we see HELL every day. At the core, the sun is 15,000,000 degrees Celsius! It's extremely hot! Even before garbage gets thrown into that lake, it would have disintegrated long before it reaches it.

Re: The Lake of Fire FOUND!!

Hell and the lake of fire are clearly not the same thing. Hell will be cast into the lake of fire. Also just wondering where you got that the word brimstone in the bible in another word for sulfer?

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the word "brimstone" in my exhaustive concordance, and almost every time it is used in the New Testament, it is the Greek word transliterated as theion. The only other related Greek word in the New Testament that is translated as the phrase "of brimstone" is theiodes, which has theion as its root, and then has the suffix odes added to the end of it which denotes similarity. And, the only time theiodes is used is in the first part of Revelation 9:17, where the apostle John is describing the colors that are on the breastplates of the "armies of the horsemen" (verse 16) that are released by four angels "...who are bound at the great river Euphrates." (verse 14). Then, I went to my handy-dandy Webster's dictionary and looked up the word brimstone, and it said that brimstone is the same thing as sulfur. So, I will at least agree with you on that point. As far as the whole idea of the lake of fire being on the sun goes, I highly doubt it. After all, the Bible describes the smoke of the burning of the antichrist, the false prophet and the devil as going up forever and ever. If the lake of fire were on or in the sun as you suggest, they would be disintegrated in a matter of seconds. Definitely not "forever and ever" as the Bible teaches. Unless, of course, God fundamentally lowers the temperature of the sun between now and then. Which is a possibility, I suppose, but I don't know why He would do something like that. Just my two cents, for what it's worth. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
    "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

Quote Originally Posted by thethirdtuttle View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I looked up the word "brimstone" in my exhaustive concordance, and almost every time it is used in the New Testament, it is the Greek word transliterated as theion. The only other related Greek word in the New Testament that is translated as the phrase "of brimstone" is theiodes, which has theion as its root, and then has the suffix odes added to the end of it which denotes similarity. And, the only time theiodes is used is in the first part of Revelation 9:17, where the apostle John is describing the colors that are on the breastplates of the "armies of the horsemen" (verse 16) that are released by four angels "...who are bound at the great river Euphrates." (verse 14). Then, I went to my handy-dandy Webster's dictionary and looked up the word brimstone, and it said that brimstone is the same thing as sulfur. So, I will at least agree with you on that point. As far as the whole idea of the lake of fire being on the sun goes, I highly doubt it. After all, the Bible describes the smoke of the burning of the antichrist, the false prophet and the devil as going up forever and ever. If the lake of fire were on or in the sun as you suggest, they would be disintegrated in a matter of seconds. Definitely not "forever and ever" as the Bible teaches. Unless, of course, God fundamentally lowers the temperature of the sun between now and then. Which is a possibility, I suppose, but I don't know why He would do something like that. Just my two cents, for what it's worth. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
    Is it right to define a biblical word from websters dictionary? Strongs lexicon defines the word "theion" (from which brimstone was translated) as "divine incense, because burning brimstone was regarded as having power to purify, and to ward off disease".

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    Hell and the lake of fire are clearly not the same thing. Hell will be cast into the lake of fire.
    Yes, you are correct. Hell and lake of fire are different. Hell is a temporary place of torment (Hades) and the lake of fire is a permanent place of torment (Gehenna).

Also just wondering where you got that the word brimstone in the bible in another word for sulfer?
    In the Bible translations.

Revelation 9:17 (KJV) -And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

Revelation 9:17 (NIV) - The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur.

KJV version says brimstone.
    NIV version says sulfur.

Therefore, brimstone is another word for sulfur.

Quote Originally Posted by thethirdtuttle View Post
    As far as the whole idea of the lake of fire being on the sun goes, I highly doubt it. After all, the Bible describes the smoke of the burning of the antichrist, the false prophet and the devil as going up forever and ever. If the lake of fire were on or in the sun as you suggest, they would be disintegrated in a matter of seconds. Definitely not "forever and ever" as the Bible teaches. Unless, of course, God fundamentally lowers the temperature of the sun between now and then. Which is a possibility, I suppose, but I don't know why He would do something like that. Just my two cents, for what it's worth. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
    In the case of physical matter, it will disintegrate near the Sun. We are composed of flesh, soul, and spirit. The flesh will be consumed by the fire.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    (1 Thessalonians 5:23 KJV)

However, we don't know what soul and spirit are made of, even Quantum mechanically. Is it quarks? Leptons? Vibrating strings? What is it? We don't know. However, the scriptures indicate that even in the soul and spirit, a person can be tormented forever and ever in the lake of fire and brimstone. The consciousness of the soul and spirit are aware and thus feel the torment of the lake of fire.

The Sun is the closest thing known that would describe the "Lake of Fire and Brimstone". The Sun's surface is a lake of fire and it contains Sulfur equivalent to 2,500 Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    Is it right to define a biblical word from websters dictionary? Strongs lexicon defines the word "theion" (from which brimstone was translated) as "divine incense, because burning brimstone was regarded as having power to purify, and to ward off disease".
    Theion has the same meaning as sulfur as a purification agent.

"The cleansing power of sulfur has been known for many centuries. At one time, ancient physicians burned sulfur in a house to cleanse it of impurities. "

http://www.chemistryexplained.com/el...#ixzz1XGRNSwhc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    In the case of physical matter, it will disintegrate near the Sun. ...
    Actually, we know that when Jesus returns, that the sun will melt with fervent heat. We know the lake of fire will exist after His return when He throws death AND hell into it.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
    (2Pe 3:10-12)

Also, we know there will no longer be any sun after Jesus returns, from the following passage:

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
    (Rev 22:5)

I have thought the exact same thing for a long while now. I am not sure it will be our sun, but I do believe it will be in the form of a star somewhere in some demension.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    Theion has the same meaning as sulfur as a purification agent.

"The cleansing power of sulfur has been known for many centuries. At one time, ancient physicians burned sulfur in a house to cleanse it of impurities. "

http://www.chemistryexplained.com/el...#ixzz1XGRNSwhc
    Thanks for the link. It was very informative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danield View Post
    I have thought the exact same thing for a long while now. I am not sure it will be our sun, but I do believe it will be in the form of a star somewhere in some demension.
    The real problem I see with this concept is what exactly goes to this lake of fire. People don't go there, their souls do. Sulfur and fire are only symbolic representations, or metaphors, of the eternal torment most people will see when they die. Literal fire can hurt a body but it doesn't directly hurt their soul. The torment of the lake of fire where their souls end up couldn't really be described in terms of physical things we know of today.

The intense gravity keeps them from escaping. I would think that the soul could be damaged by the intense heat.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat,

I also think (2Pe 3:10-12) is a direct reference to a nuclear conflict. When a nukegoes off it melts the elements in the basic form. Also notice the mention of agreat noise. Yea there is no doubt that this is in reference to nukes going offhere on earth.

An interesting idea but as some others have proven, the Sun will NOT be the actual lake of fire.

However, I do think that by looking at the surface of the Sun, you can catch a glimpse into what the lake of fire might look like. Same with volcanos and the like. Chances are that the dimensions between our physical realm and the realms of Heaven/New Jerusalem/Lake of Fire, they might all be merged into one dimension or reformed so there may be no more solar systems or stars or the universe as we know it. Many things will change when the Lord returns.

Well since you believe the sun is not the lake of fire, how about black holes? They have such strength that nothing can escape, even the light from stars. If you had several thousand giant stars in a black hole, the gravity may flatten out the stars into what would look like a sea of fire. This is what I believe is the great divide where you will have intense heat and no one can escape there not even the light from stars.

Quote Originally Posted by danield View Post
    Well since you believe the sun is not the lake of fire, how about black holes? They have such strength that nothing can escape, even the light from stars. If you had several thousand giant stars in a black hole, the gravity may flatten out the stars into what would look like a sea of fire. This is what I believe is the great divide where you will have intense heat and no one can escape there not even the light from stars.
    Black holes are amazing for sure. The universe is so vast and wide its mind boggling. It's just a small glimpse at the power and splendor of the Lord. Maybe a black hole has something to do with hell, maybe it doesn't? I don't think it matters since we can only speculate. I doubt it is though. I believe Hades and our Universe are on 2 different planes (dimensions). Hell might be actually located right where you're sitting but you are not in Hell since it is in a different dimension. All speculation though and I don't think it is THAT important since it doesn't affect our lives or our eternity in any way. Makes you think though.

Thread Information