Re: Just WHO is the God of Jesus Christ?
Well stated and spot on.
Originally Posted by Sojourner55
Philippians 2: 5-11-
1. Christ left the glories of Heaven to descend to the sorrows of this world.
2. Christ poured Himself into a human body with all it's infirmities and limitations, yet without sin
3. Christ sojourned here among us, He pitched His tent with us.
4. The Sinless one suffered for our sins, and was raised from the dead.
5.God has highly exalted Him, with the Glory that He had with the Father before the foundation of the world.
6. Because He made Himself poor for a season, we become rich in Him for all eternity.
7. Let this mind be in us, which was also in Christ Jesus...( Philippians 2:5)
Man of Sorrows, what a name
For the Son of God who came
ruined sinners to reclaim
Hallelujah what a Saviour
Bearing shame and scoffing rude
in my place condemned He stood
Sealed my pardon with His Blood
Hallelujah what a saviour
Lifted up was He to die
it is finished was His cry
then in Heaven exalted high
Hallelujah, what a Saviour
When He comes, our Glorious King
All His ransomed home to bring.
Then anew this song we'll sing
Hallelujah, what a Saviour!!!
( Old gospel hymn)
1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."