cure-real

Thread: The Majors and the Minors.

The Majors and the Minors.

I see the Christian walk on 2 different levels. The major leagues and the minor leagues. The NT can be more readily understood keeping this idea in mind.

What do these different leagues consist of?

The minor league is ruled by the law. Here we are in the power of our own strength. We are sent here for conditioning in order to prepare us for the major leagues. In order to qualify for the majors we need to get with the program and the purpose of the law. Let's look at the book of Romans and sort out what Paul is saying according to these 2 different levels.

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Unfortunately, through ignorance of the way of God, many consider that the above verses seem to preach a works based salvation. (they won't say Paul is preaching that just those who quote these verses! )

But the minor league is there to teach ALL men to always do what is right. At this level, it is doing what the law requires that counts. So many Christians refuse to be taught...they have become major leaguers (in their own minds) and are too spoiled to be treated like people who desperately need training.

It is God who decides who needs further training. He is the coach! Should we buck against His decisions?

Many Christians are actually in the minor leagues but CLAIM to be in the majors. They are stuck in the minors because they refuse to NOT see themselves in the big time. So while claiming to be major leaguers they are actually flunking out even in the minors.

Re: The Majors and the Minors.

Getting out of the minor league requires a death to self. It requires a full surrender to one's former life and faith in the resurrection power of God in Christ. Then we enter into the major league.

The major league is a supernatural walk in the power of the risen Christ. This is the real deal. Here we walk like Jesus did on the earth. We walk like the greats....Paul, Peter, and the other apostles! The same. That's why it's called the majors!

Here we are justified by the new life according to the faith...NOT THE LAW. The law was for those who needed that training. The flesh needs the law to show what it really is. The new life that is by faith ALREADY perfectly accomplishes the law...even surpasses it. So the majors is about a new law: the law of the renewed life in the Spirit of Christ Jesus.

Here we speak of the major league...

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
    Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
    Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is of faith in Christ." Philippians 3:9.

Some people accept a doctrine that says they are "in Christ". But to be in Christ one must be resurrected into His presence. There is no life without a death. You must have your life overwhelmed by His own life in you.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    The major league is a supernatural walk in the power of the risen Christ. This is the real deal. Here we walk like Jesus did on the earth. We walk like the greats....Paul, Peter, and the other apostles! The same. That's why it's called the majors!
    Can you elaborate on this so the readers know exactly what you mean? That way there's no wonder about what "supernatural" means as you are intending as the meaning.

I have witnessed children praying in tongues or speak in tongues while another child was led to interpret. Also children praying over people as they are led to pray for healing... and the person(s) was healed. Some of these kids are anywhere in age of about 8-13 years old and some only in Christ for not over a year.

I know they didn't jump from minor to major league and operate supernaturally in the "major" league as it seems you mean in this thread.

They accepted Christ, they are given faith, they exercise that faith and they walk as any person in Christ must walk... in the power of God as led by and empowered by the Holy Spirit. They freely allow Him to move in and through them as God uses them in such a mighty way. No religion, no doctrine based on religion and/or man-made doctrine, no doubt, no FEAR, they just know they are in Christ and move as they are led to move, do as they are led to do, pray as they are led to pray.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Can you elaborate on this so the readers know exactly what you mean? That way there's no wonder about what "supernatural" means as you are intending as the meaning.

I have witnessed children praying in tongues or speak in tongues while another child was led to interpret. Also children praying over people as they are led to pray for healing... and the person(s) was healed. Some of these kids are anywhere in age of about 8-13 years old and some only in Christ for not over a year.

I know they didn't jump from minor to major league and operate supernaturally in the "major" league as it seems you mean in this thread.

They accepted Christ, they are given faith, they exercise that faith and they walk as any person in Christ must walk... in the power of God as led by and empowered by the Holy Spirit. They freely allow Him to move in and through them as God uses them in such a mighty way. No religion, no doctrine based on religion and/or man-made doctrine, no doubt, no FEAR, they just know they are in Christ and move as they are led to move, do as they are led to do, pray as they are led to pray.
    We must become as little children! Amen!

The major league is the promise in Christ to be empowered by the Spirit. Ironically, it is the mind that gets in the way so often. A child is more likely to just trust the Lord without trying to justify a lack of fruit.

I certainly hope that these young ones are encouraged to remain in such faith.

The analogy does break down somewhat when we consider that it takes more talent to be in the bigger leagues. But if we see the talent as a divine empowering (which is my intent), there are many useful lessons to be drawn. For instance, the purpose of the law...that brings us to Christ. The law is a tutor to make us understand what is required by God. Otherwise we would not know what sin is?

So if we are unable to walk in the Spirit by faith, for whatever reason, we are then subject to the law. We cannot be subject to the more difficult law of Christ if we are not in the Spirit.

So the major league comes with better equipment to do what is required to do on that level. But if we will not recognize the purpose of the law, so as to disdain it, then how can we be given a better means of fulfilling it? If you get my meaning!

There is a great misunderstanding about the law in Christendom. The law is seen as being irrelevent...that somehow grace eliminates the law, rather than grace replacing a human effort as the means to obeying the law. Those who believe that God justifies some sinful men who walk in the flesh, because of lip service or the acceptance of a doctrinal idea...need to go back to the minors for more conditioning.!

Here's another way of putting it.

As long as you drive on the ground, there are traffic laws that must be obeyed. There are stop signs, speed limits etc.

But if you are flying those laws are no longer in effect. There are other laws.

So the problem arises when some is driving on the ground but believes they are flying, so as to ignore the traffic laws. Such a person will be subject to the penalties of the law.

Oops. I thought I was stepping into a discussion on baseball. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Oops. I thought I was stepping into a discussion on baseball. Nevermind.
    Isn't life just like baseball?

I think this is a good thread... And very relevant.

I've been debating on another site lately, and just trying to make sense of all the mess that goes around with the 'abolition of the law of righteousness' that is preached.

Good read, helped me clear things up!
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Earnestly contending for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints

Thread Information