cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't mean to be embarrassing but....

Blog Entries

I don't mean to be embarrassing but....

I am 38 years old.... And I am having trouble with my periods.... I hurt very bad and most all the time I get a migraine.... At present I have missed church choir this morning and I am not going to church again this evening.... I do not feel well .... Does anyone know anything to help???

Blog Entries

Re: I don't mean to be embarrassing but....

I did that too, Mary. And the migranes...they are HORRIBLE! Even a little light in the room made me nauseous. So did sounds. And the migranes always were in connection to my periods. (Women have rough! We not only have to do the childbearing, but the danged periods too!)

But as it ended up, I had endometriosis. (Spelling?) Nothing helped. That is, until I finally ended up (younger than you are now!) having to have an emergency hysterectomy. Then I wished I'd had it years sooner, once I recuperated! Not only did I feel stronger and better, but I never had another migrane afterward!

As far as something for immediate help...I found that only to sleep it off in a dark, quiet room helped me get through the migranes. I never did find a medication that would touch it to give me relief.

But I hope someone else has an answer for you. I know those migranes hurt bad and they put you to bed! I'm sorry you are going through them.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    I did that too, Mary. And the migranes...they are HORRIBLE! Even a little light in the room made me nauseous. So did sounds. And the migranes always were in connection to my periods. (Women have rough! We not only have to do the childbearing, but the danged periods too!)

But as it ended up, I had endometriosis. (Spelling?) Nothing helped. That is, until I finally ended up (younger than you are now!) having to have an emergency hysterectomy. Then I wished I'd had it years sooner, once I recuperated! Not only did I feel stronger and better, but I never had another migrane afterward!

As far as something for immediate help...I found that only to sleep it off in a dark, quiet room helped me get through the migranes. I never did find a medication that would touch it to give me relief.

But I hope someone else has an answer for you. I know those migranes hurt bad and they put you to bed! I'm sorry you are going through them.
    I bleed heavy for like three days and the cramps are horrible.... And I feel drained for like a week before and a few days after.... It is horrid.... I went to the doc and he said I had low iron.... So I got iron pills.... And I am horrible at taking pills.... So....

Blog Entries

Take them.

My iron level was down. My blood wad low, I was always tired. But the endometriosis kept getting worse. Soon I was bleeding and had the cramps for 9 days. Then, it got so I was doing my period every other week. In other words, thats about all I did.

But I do bet the migrane is connected to your periods somehow. The iron may help to get rid of the headaches too. I really am sorry you are having those migranes. They are torture!

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Do some research on vitamins and herbs. Evening Primose Oil might be helpful.

Take care.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Go to the doctor and request they check your hormone levels in a blood sample. You may be perimenopausal. I was, at 35, and had similar issues when before I had never had an inconvenient cycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryFreeman View Post
    I bleed heavy for like three days and the cramps are horrible.... And I feel drained for like a week before and a few days after.... It is horrid.... I went to the doc and he said I had low iron.... So I got iron pills.... And I am horrible at taking pills.... So....
    Yes PLEASE take your iron pills...I have had that and felt just horrible...and so very, very tired all the time.

Anemia: When Low Iron Is the Cause
    Symptoms of anemia

Often, no symptoms
    Paleness
    Feeling tired
    Unusual shortness of breath during exercise
    Unusual food cravings (known as pica)
    Fast heartbeat
    Cold hands and feet
    Brittle nails or hair loss
    Headaches
    Dizziness or lightheadedness

If you really keep forgetting to take the iron pills or just can't get yourself too.(they can upset the stomach and cause constipation)..try eating foods with iron in them:

Foods high in iron

Liver
    Red meat
    Seafood
    Dried fruits such as apricots, prunes and raisins
    Nuts
    Beans, especially lima beans
    Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli
    Blackstrap molasses
    Whole grains
    Iron-fortified foods like many breads and cereals (check the label)

I have heard heavy periods can cause low iron problems too btw.

At any rate I used to have horrible cramps too...very disabling and very bad PMS. I tried all sorts of things over the years and had drs telling me different things to try...nothing worked until I finally heard of natural progesterone cream. The directions say to put a 4th of a teaspoon on your skin daily...just rub it on like lotion. Using that and taking magnesium daily helped greatly with my periods. I hardly cramped at all and using Aleve helped with what cramps I did have. It also helped with the PMS and extremely painful breast pains I also got before my period stared. Stopped the fatigue and the mood swings too. I just wished I had discovered this years ago..it could have prevented all the suffering I had gone though. My cramps would be so bad the pain would even go down part of my leg, down the thigh! That was really strange too. I can't remember if I had headaches too...might have.

I know you along with many others don't like to take pills...I don't understand that...never have..not when it can prevent so much pain and stop needless suffering. I used to live with a guy (sorry..this was before I became a Christian), that when he got sick would take nothing to help...he would get SO miserable and be so crabby and very difficult to be around...it kind of made me mad because he took his misery out on those around him when all he had to do was take some over the counter cold medicine and feel better. Its not that hard to take a couple of pills but he acted like it was. Wasn't fair to me or others you know? And its not fair to you either...treat yourself kindly and do what you need to do to feel better.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Yes PLEASE take your iron pills...I have had that and felt just horrible...and so very, very tired all the time.

Anemia: When Low Iron Is the Cause
    Symptoms of anemia

Often, no symptoms
    Paleness
    Feeling tired
    Unusual shortness of breath during exercise
    Unusual food cravings (known as pica)
    Fast heartbeat
    Cold hands and feet
    Brittle nails or hair loss
    Headaches
    Dizziness or lightheadedness

If you really keep forgetting to take the iron pills or just can't get yourself too.(they can upset the stomach and cause constipation)..try eating foods with iron in them:

Foods high in iron

Liver
    Red meat
    Seafood
    Dried fruits such as apricots, prunes and raisins
    Nuts
    Beans, especially lima beans
    Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli
    Blackstrap molasses
    Whole grains
    Iron-fortified foods like many breads and cereals (check the label)

I have heard heavy periods can cause low iron problems too btw.

At any rate I used to have horrible cramps too...very disabling and very bad PMS. I tried all sorts of things over the years and had drs telling me different things to try...nothing worked until I finally heard of natural progesterone cream. The directions say to put a 4th of a teaspoon on your skin daily...just rub it on like lotion. Using that and taking magnesium daily helped greatly with my periods. I hardly cramped at all and using Aleve helped with what cramps I did have. It also helped with the PMS and extremely painful breast pains I also got before my period stared. Stopped the fatigue and the mood swings too. I just wished I had discovered this years ago..it could have prevented all the suffering I had gone though. My cramps would be so bad the pain would even go down part of my leg, down the thigh! That was really strange too. I can't remember if I had headaches too...might have.

I know you along with many others don't like to take pills...I don't understand that...never have..not when it can prevent so much pain and stop needless suffering. I used to live with a guy (sorry..this was before I became a Christian), that when he got sick would take nothing to help...he would get SO miserable and be so crabby and very difficult to be around...it kind of made me mad because he took his misery out on those around him when all he had to do was take some over the counter cold medicine and feel better. Its not that hard to take a couple of pills but he acted like it was. Wasn't fair to me or others you know? And its not fair to you either...treat yourself kindly and do what you need to do to feel better.

God bless
    Thanks so much.... I don't know what it is but I simply cannot remember to take pills.... Even my fat burners and acai berry pills.... I think I need a good vitamin too.... Thanks everyone for your answers! I really appreciate it....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaryFreeman View Post
    Thanks so much.... I don't know what it is but I simply cannot remember to take pills.... Even my fat burners and acai berry pills.... I think I need a good vitamin too.... Thanks everyone for your answers! I really appreciate it....
    Try putting them where you will notice them. I have the same problem too. I even tried one of those weekly pill containers to help me remember (part of my problem was also not remembering if I had taken a certain pill or vitamin or not). At first it was very hit and miss but eventually if you take them at the same time of day it becomes a habit. Good luck!

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's missed but finally thriving again!
    Blog Entries

Remembering a pill? Leave that to my Charles........ He has a whole system with my pills (I take 30 a day) and keeps track of my morphine plaster as well (I help him with the last one)..... He has a phone that he doesn't phone with, but he has alarms ever hour and so we don't miss a pill....... reminds him to take his pills too........ maybe an idea to put an alarm in your phone or somewhere else?

Love you lots,
    Mieke
    Just to know You and
    To make You known
    We lift Your name on High
    Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide
    We know we were made for so much more
    Than ordinary lives
    It's time for us to more than just survive
    We were made to thrive

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    Remembering a pill? Leave that to my Charles........ He has a whole system with my pills (I take 30 a day) and keeps track of my morphine plaster as well (I help him with the last one)..... He has a phone that he doesn't phone with, but he has alarms ever hour and so we don't miss a pill....... reminds him to take his pills too........ maybe an idea to put an alarm in your phone or somewhere else?

Love you lots,
    Mieke
    ...or tell Charles to make a schedule for MaryFreeman and another schedule for Moonglow and another for me and another for........whoever needs to know when to take their pills. But tell him please don't get our names mixed up or I'd be taking the pills at Mary's time and she'd be taking them at Moonglow's time and ....

Whew. He has his work cut out for him, doesn't he? Poor Charles. (Just kidding, Mieke. You are so blessed to have that man of yours!)

Blog Entries

You should hear him when the phone needs a reset again....... he needs a PDA or another cheaper phone, but we don't have the money for it....... we barely make it each month..........

Love you very much mawma,
    Mieke
    Just to know You and
    To make You known
    Than ordinary lives
    We were made to thrive

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries

You should hear him when the phone needs a reset again....... he needs a PDA or another cheaper phone, but we don't have the money for it....... we barely make it each month..........

Love you very much mawma,
    Mieke
    What kind of phone do you need?

Blog Entries

Well we don't call with it so we don't need it for that......... we just need a phone or pda with an alarm clock in it so Charles can put the alarms in there....... the one we have now has a bad battery after being used after a year...... so we need one with a working battery........... It's his birthday next week and I wish I could give him something he can use for that.........

Love you very much,
    Mieke

PS Mary did you get the cards yet?
    Just to know You and
    To make You known
    Than ordinary lives
    We were made to thrive

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries

Well we don't call with it so we don't need it for that......... we just need a phone or pda with an alarm clock in it so Charles can put the alarms in there....... the one we have now has a bad battery after being used after a year...... so we need one with a working battery........... It's his birthday next week and I wish I could give him something he can use for that.........

Love you very much,
    Mieke

PS Mary did you get the cards yet?
    Yes I did! The only thing is that Grace is wondering where hers is? LOL.... She is going into the Marines in June and wonders if you are able to get one to her before that....

I can get you a phone like that....

Thread Information