cure-real

Thread: Why did John eat a little book (bitter and sweet stuff)?

Why did John eat a little book (bitter and sweet stuff)?

Because after the 7th trumpet he would yet prophesy more events. The events (both bitter/plagues and sweet/new earth were going to be revealed out of it.

plagues written in this book
    the holy city written in this book

/The book that John ate had these prophecy messages written in it.

Re: Why did John eat a little book (bitter and sweet stuff)?

Quote Originally Posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
    Because after the 7th trumpet he would yet prophesy more events. The events (both bitter/plagues and sweet/new earth were going to be revealed out of it.

plagues written in this book
    the holy city written in this book

/The book that John ate had these prophecy messages written in it.

And he said unto me, Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. Ezekiel 3:3

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little scroll. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make your stomach bitter, but it shall be in your mouth sweet as honey. Revelation 10:9

Sweet in the mouth but bitter in the stomach -- seems to mean it will taste good, but won't be so easy to stomach. The message is all true and proper, but the results are not so good - thus he ends the book -- EVEN SO -- COME LORD JESUS ...

hath ye ne'r read "blessed are ye who hungereth and thirstereth after rightiousneth"?

The final plagues are writtten in a book that did not contain the mystery of God plague times.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Angel_316 View Post

And he said unto me, Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. Ezekiel 3:3

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little scroll. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make your stomach bitter, but it shall be in your mouth sweet as honey. Revelation 10:9

Sweet in the mouth but bitter in the stomach -- seems to mean it will taste good, but won't be so easy to stomach. The message is all true and proper, but the results are not so good - thus he ends the book -- EVEN SO -- COME LORD JESUS ...
    Ezekiel was to prophesy of trouble and the vison of measuring for a new temple.

Ezekiel was to prophesy of trouble and the vison of measuring for a new temple.
    and does not John do the same?

and does not John do the same?
    John was told to measure a temple in Jerusalem, but this vision was part of the trumpet plagues time that is located in the mysery of God section of Revelation.

Re 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

/may need some italics above/KJV

The 7th angel will be sounding when the mystery of God section ends, but the entire seven-angel group will have yet to start pouring out the plagues in vials.
    Those plagues are written down in the book that John ate.

John was told to measure a temple in Jerusalem, but this vision was part of the trumpet plagues time that is located in the mysery of God section of Revelation.
    Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not;

for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

One could see that as different timing. I am not sure that this has to occur at this time. The Temple can be measured and then some time period in the future the court of the Gentiles could be trodden under foot. At any rate the treading under foot seems to be concurrent with the two witnesses and the time period of the last 42 months directly after the AoD.

Re 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

/may need some italics above/KJV

The 7th angel will be sounding when the mystery of God section ends, but the entire seven-angel group will have yet to start pouring out the plagues in vials.
    Those plagues are written down in the book that John ate.

But that is the entire point of tying Ezekiel to Revelation in this context. Yes, the judgments are in the future, but they are the results of illicit behaviors to be warned against in the present. This is why the preaching seems 'sweet in the mouth' because it is all good and proper and true -- but because many will deny and reject it, it will also be 'bitter in the stomach' because many will face judgment for their wrongful choices.

Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post
    Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not;

for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

One could see that as different timing. I am not sure that this has to occur at this time. The Temple can be measured and then some time period in the future the court of the Gentiles could be trodden under foot. At any rate the treading under foot seems to be concurrent with the two witnesses and the time period of the last 42 months directly after the AoD.
    Let's go more into where you left off. The two witnesses would be slain near the end of the 1260 days (42 months) of the trib time. What trumpet would be soundng then? the 6th one
    people aren't killed in the 5th one
    So the 6th trumpet is ending, the gift-givers celebrate for about 3.5 days. How long is that? Until the day of the Lord comes upon them as a thief. This is the hour that the angel told John of as to when the two witnesses rise and the same hour there is an earthquake. The 7th trumpet hour is the resurrection of all of the just hour.

But that is the entire point of tying Ezekiel to Revelation in this context. Yes, the judgments are in the future, but they are the results of illicit behaviors to be warned against in the present. This is why the preaching seems 'sweet in the mouth' because it is all good and proper and true -- but because many will deny and reject it, it will also be 'bitter in the stomach' because many will face judgment for their wrongful choices.
    The seven trumpet plagues are not told about in the little book /of plagues/ that John ate. The seven trumpets are given to John in the mystery of God section of Revelation. The plagues in vials are those that the end part of Rev. refers to as written in its book, and they are plagues that can be added to a person.

trumpets/end the mystery of God

But there are still 14 times of plagues left to be done by the seven angels.
    They are written of in the book that John ate.

Thread Information