cure-real

Thread: Will Everyone Be Equal in Heaven?

Will Everyone Be Equal in Heaven?

Ever consider the words to "All the Lumber You Sent", sung by Eli?

Well, it's one thing to wonder if you will have the same treasure in heaven as everyone else. It is quite another to wonder if you will have the same character as everyone else in heaven.

We will get those glorified bodies when He returns. We are destined to be confirmed to His image. But what does that mean?

If we don't develop much into Christlike character now, during this lifetime, what impact, if any, will that have on our eternity future?

Why? Also, is there anything we can do about it?
    Love first, ... answer questions ... later ...

Re: Will Everyone Be Equal in Heaven?

No one really knows. Just being in heaven with Christ isn't enough of a reward?
    There are passages that talk of rewards like each person gets a different reward.
    I could care less. Paul saw heaven and was told not to write of it so we know it is unimaginable.
    You figure how powerful Satan is and he will be nothing compared to us in heaven.
    God is perfect in everything he does and that is enough for me.

But there is another parable of people working all day and people working just 1 hour and all got the same wage.
    So I tend to believe we all get the same reward. But I really have no desire to know.

The reward of heaven is what we as Christians will all receive, but there are going to be positions and responsibilities and benefits that some will get over others because of what? Their yieldedness to the will of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

We should care about what rewards we will receive. I know that I want to receive great rewards from my Dad!

The bible teaches us that there will be far more difference among people then as there is now. The gap widens in eternity.

There will be great ones who rule with Christ. There will be lesser ones who will rule over lesser things. There will be the common folk in the nations who are ruled over by the saints. Then there will be the shamed ones who live in outer darkness. This speaks of a much more pronounced diversity than we can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by svfox View Post
    No one really knows. Just being in heaven with Christ isn't enough of a reward?
    There are passages that talk of rewards like each person gets a different reward.
    I could care less. Paul saw heaven and was told not to write of it so we know it is unimaginable.
    You figure how powerful Satan is and he will be nothing compared to us in heaven.
    God is perfect in everything he does and that is enough for me.

But there is another parable of people working all day and people working just 1 hour and all got the same wage.
    So I tend to believe we all get the same reward. But I really have no desire to know.
    Some hold onto minas and some hold onto talents. I'd prefer to hold talents than only mninas, based on the two parables. Plus, Hebrews 11:13 says we must believe he exists and is a rewarder of those who earnestly seek Him. Looking at all those who suffered so much with such faith after that, in the famous faith chapter (11), one can see they will be rewarded at various levels, all much greater than I, of course. That's why they are our heroes of the faith! So, to not care is really not very faithful. I say that in love. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperaux View Post
    The reward of heaven is what we as Christians will all receive, but there are going to be positions and responsibilities and benefits that some will get over others because of what? Their yieldedness to the will of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

We should care about what rewards we will receive. I know that I want to receive great rewards from my Dad!
    Look, I understand the humility angle. I like what you wrote until the last two sentences, of course. But it is not humility to refuse to participate in earning rewards. Look at hte parable of the talents, my friend. That humble talent hider went to Hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    The bible teaches us that there will be far more difference among people then as there is now. The gap widens in eternity.

There will be great ones who rule with Christ. There will be lesser ones who will rule over lesser things. There will be the common folk in the nations who are ruled over by the saints. Then there will be the shamed ones who live in outer darkness. This speaks of a much more pronounced diversity than we can imagine.
    You, sir, speak wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelog View Post
    Look, I understand the humility angle. I like what you wrote until the last two sentences, of course. But it is not humility to refuse to participate in earning rewards. Look at hte parable of the talents, my friend. That humble talent hider went to Hell!!!
    What is not to like desiring to be all that God has called me to be? I never mentioned anything about humility.

Squeaking into the Kingdom is not what I want, and neither does God. When people say they don't care what they receive as far as rewards, they don't know what they are saying---it is a false humility talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperaux View Post
    What is not to like desiring to be all that God has called me to be? I never mentioned anything about humility.

Squeaking into the Kingdom is not what I want, and neither does God. When people say they don't care what they receive as far as rewards, they don't know what they are saying---it is a false humility talking.
    I misread you. I need to slow down. Thought you said "not" in your last 2 sentences. What could be wrong with my eyesight. Maybe a log?

I'm not sure but this verse seems to imply that there are lesser and greater ones in the kingdom:
    "Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:19 "

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I'm not sure but this verse seems to imply that there are lesser and greater ones in the kingdom:
    "Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:19 "
    Amen. Agreed!

On the other hand, if angels are all equal in heaven, this verse may imply that we are all equal in heaven:
    "When they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. Mark 12:25 "

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    On the other hand, if angels are all equal in heaven, this verse may imply that we are all equal in heaven:
    "When they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. Mark 12:25 "
    That passage is talking about one aspect of the spiritual state we will possess. It is understood that angels are ranked with levels of authority. We will also have various levels of authority based on our rewards. this is alluded to in Luke 19's parable of the 10 Servants, where one receives the reward of governorship over 5 cities and another---10 cities.

Thread Information