cure-real

Thread: Pastoral Abuse

Pastoral Abuse

Wow...it's been a long time since I've been on the forum. So much has changed, and not for the better, I'm afraid.

16 months ago I fell apart....From early 2010 - June 2010, my pastor began pursuing me romantically. He used his power and influence over me to make me think I had feelings for him too. He told me his wife didn't support him in the ministry, and that I was more suited to him.

This is a pastor that I had respected for 10 years. It now seems he was just wearing a mask. I got to see who he really was, and it was frightening.

He wrote a study bible, that I probably pitched on this forum - Strand Study Bible. FYI, don't buy it.

When it all came out, he lied about everything and said it was all my fault. Thankfully nothing physical happened. He didn't step down from his position as pastor and expressed zero repentance or remorse over the tragic mess he inflicted on my family. It was brought before the church, but what they said was so far from the truth. They made it seem like he had a friendship that was simplygetting too close, so he stepped away. The church happily accepted that explanation and that was it.

I went into hiding and lost everything, while he lost nothing. I'm sad, angry, enraged. This is not fair!! Please pray for me.

Re: Pastoral Abuse

Well I will pray for you. Sorry that this happened. No one is perfect, even Pastors. If you need someone to talk to pm me. God Bless

Thread Information