cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to experience Shalom, is there anybody on here that walks in it and can share.

I need to experience Shalom, is there anybody on here that walks in it and can share.

Good day,

I am new here.

The bible talks about Christians wearing shoes of willingness to share the Gospel of Shalom (peace).

Jesus is called the Prince of Shalom (peace).

And one of the covenant names of God is Jehovah Shalom.

I read in another website: According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom also means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full.

My request: I want to have that Shalom, not only theoretically and conceptually, but also practically experientially.

If there are people with shoes on spiritually, to proclaim the gospel of Shalom, then surely they have to walk in the fullness of this themselves first, else they are living a dilution? Not right? Can one proclaim and give something you don't have? Surely it could religiously be possible, but I am not interested in some religious teaching - I am interested in actually receiving the goods, and only somebody that actually carries it and experience it can share that with me.

Is there such a person on here that can share with me the gospel of Shalom? For whom this Shalom is their authentic everyday reality and not just an abstract religious concept they merely read about or heard about somewhere and then recycle some teaching about?

I am so desperate for this. I long for it with everything inside of me. I crave it with all my being. Please help!

Re: I need to experience Shalom, is there anybody on here that walks in it and can sh

PS: I have reasoned like this
    - If the Gospel Paul talked about, is the gospel of Shalom, and Jesus said "My Shalom I give you", and Jesus is named the Prince of Shalom peace and Jahweh is called Jehovah Shalom, then surely in all the world, I should be able to find at least one person, that actually experience Shalom.
    - And if I search and search and can not find even one single person, for which this Shalom is truly and authentically their everyday reality in the full sense of the word, then surely that would not mean it is not available, then maybe that just means that nobody has actually taken God seriously on what He talks about is available to His children, according to His Word.
    - And if seeking through all the world, and seeking Him day and night, every day of my life, to help me break into this Shalom, so I can actually experience it, if even in that I cannot access it, then it would mean that God's promises and His Word was either just empty words, or He is not real, or He didn't really want to give it to me. Which I don't even want to consider as possibilities. So as long as I live, I am determined to press in, to actually access this Shalom, which Jesus died for and paid such a price for, - so we could have, based on His deserving not our own.
    - And if it is more grace I need to receive this by faith, then I ask for that grace and that faith to be released to me.
    - But if there is one thing I can NOT accept, it is to religiously embrace a gospel, for which my life does not experiencially testify, and to continue with religious seremonies and proclaiming a gospel, which I cannot with an honest heart say, is my own experience.

Theologically I do understand that it has been given already and we simply need to receive it by faith in order to walk in it. But I don't understand how to practically access this part of my inheritance as a believer, so it can be my experience. I would like to receive that impartation.
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Surely it starts by faith, but at one point surely, there should be the manifestation of actual Shalom, else what is the aim? Else what is the good news that Christians has to bring then?

Re: I need to experience Shalom, is there anybody on here that walks in it and can sh

Holy Spirit ministered to me
    ..and I decided to do this...

- I filed a formal complaint in the courtrooms of heaven
    - My Older Brother died and left me an inheritance
    - Which includes Shalom, in every sense of the word
    - I claimed that as my legal right
    - I reported every dark force, every contrary mindset or thing, to receive the judgement of the Righteous Judge, the Almighty King
    - For immediate evacuation
    - Every obstruction to be removed
    - So what is mine I can experientially enter in to

The Righteous Judge has heard my plea.
    If necessary I will go back, like the woman in the book of Luke, that grabbed hold of the judge.
    Until she got what is legally hers.

And when I walk in that, which I know will not be long from now, I would be able to come and share, with all, from my heart, the gospel of Shalom.

This is my resolve.

I will never give up.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board !

Could you tell me what you believe your life would be like once you enter into this peace ? I could say I regularly ( not always, but that's my failing and not Gods) walk in the glorious peace that passes understanding, but unless I understand what you believe the fruits of this peace are, I can't because I might be talking of something completely different. You've gave me a definition but what does it look like in the flesh?

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

- But if there is one thing I can NOT accept, it is to religiously embrace a gospel, for which my life does not experiencially testify, and to continue with religious seremonies and proclaiming a gospel, which I cannot with an honest heart say, is my own experience.
    How can anyone ever hope to receive the Peace of Jesus if they can not accept the Gospel?

It's like a farmer saying they want a bumper crop but they refuse to till the ground or plant any seeds.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Quote Originally Posted by Indueseason View Post
    Welcome to the board !

Could you tell me what you believe your life would be like once you enter into this peace ? I could say I regularly ( not always, but that's my failing and not Gods) walk in the glorious peace that passes understanding, but unless I understand what you believe the fruits of this peace are, I can't because I might be talking of something completely different. You've gave me a definition but what does it look like in the flesh?

blessings to you
    Dear Indeaseason,

I would sum it up as utter connectedness.
    Connectedness to the heart of the Father and the thoughts of the Father and the impulses of the Father.

I wouldn't say that I don't have that at all. In fact I am pretty in tune most of the time of the time with the heartbeat of Abba. BuBut there is so much more.

I want to be totally saturated, every part of me, with Him, totally aware of this absolute harmony, with no anxiety of any kind, and no discord, enjoying the fullness of the oneness Jesus talked about in John 17.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Dear Indeaseason,

I would sum it up as utter connectedness.
    Connectedness to the heart of the Father and the thoughts of the Father and the impulses of the Father.

I wouldn't say that I don't have that at all. In fact I am pretty in tune most of the time of the time with the heartbeat of Abba. BuBut there is so much more.

I want to be totally saturated, every part of me, with Him, totally aware of this absolute harmony, with no anxiety of any kind, and no discord, enjoying the fullness of the oneness Jesus talked about in John 17.
    For me, peace comes from quiet time with the Peace giver. When I start my day with Him, I start with that peace. It comes from that we are one. That He is in control. That whatever is happening around me is only superficial for lack of a better word. What's truly important is safe and intact whatever I encounter as I walk through this world. When He becomes my world, my all, then everything that can shatter that peace loses it's power. When I can see that everything in my life is good, for He is good, even while experiencing seeming disaster, then I can walk in that peace that passes understanding. For me, it's all about the time I spend with Him, for the more I know Him the more I trust what He's doing in my life. It's about abiding in Him. Only then can I rise up above my circumstances and allow myself to be engulfed by that breath taking peace.

Your wise to be searching for this peace, for we all surely need it while walking in this messed up world.

blessings to you
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

It took me many many years to discover that this is what I had been looking for.

Shalom.

I have had a relationship with God for many years. Still I experience emptiness and lack.

Your words is nice but it hasn't given me what I am looking for.

I am glad if you can say you live in the fullness of what Shalom is. It is rare. Extraordinary.

I hope you can share it with many others.

People need that.

Yes,
    Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
    Jesus said during the sermon on the mount "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the Sons of God"

BUT

Jesus also said, "I have not come to bring peace but a sword"

A peacemaker is one who brings peace between man and God....not one who brings peace between two humans.

And you want the peace that passeth all understanding.

It comes from faith and that personal relationship with Jesus...our savior.

Relationships aren't built in an hour for any of us.
    They take time.

And when you gradually build your faith through exercising your faith muscles...it gets to be a wonderful relationship and that peace that you are looking for will come about. It isn't going to work like a magic wand and "poof" you have faith. It takes real time and real effort to gain faith in God and share in what desires He has for all of us.

Blog Entries

It took me many many years to discover that this is what I had been looking for.

Shalom.

I have had a relationship with God for many years. Still I experience emptiness and lack.

Your words is nice but it hasn't given me what I am looking for.

I am glad if you can say you live in the fullness of what Shalom is. It is rare. Extraordinary.

I hope you can share it with many others.

People need that.
    As I said, I can't say I have walked in that peace constantly for years, for when tribulation and heartache come, it tends to knock me off my feet. It's then when the world invades my peace, that I must keep my mind on what's good. Paul tell us in Phil 4 to think about what is true,noble,right,pure,lovely,admiral,excellent and praiseworthy. This imo is the key to remaining in that perfect peace. Take every negative thought captive and replace it with the truth of the word of God. When your mind and your circumstances try to tell you something other than what He has told you, recognise it and correct your mindset.

Peace is a fruit of the Spirit, it's within us and as we dwell in it, it goes on to produce more fruit. It fills every area of our lives if we let it. It also affects those around us, which in turn brings greater peace to our lives.

It's too easy for a worry or a negative thought to enter our mind. We tend to run with these things easier than running with what God has said. Stay in the Word, let the Truth saturate you, so that you quickly recognise the lies satan tries to steal your peace with.Then use the sword of the Spirit to slay those lies dead! Listen to that still small voice, it's always there, we just have to be still enough to hear it.

blessings to you
    ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Quote Originally Posted by Indueseason View Post
    As I said, I can't say I have walked in that peace constantly for years, for when tribulation and heartache come, it tends to knock me off my feet. It's then when the world invades my peace, that I must keep my mind on what's good. Paul tell us in Phil 4 to think about what is true,noble,right,pure,lovely,admiral,excellent and praiseworthy. This imo is the key to remaining in that perfect peace. Take every negative thought captive and replace it with the truth of the word of God. When your mind and your circumstances try to tell you something other than what He has told you, recognise it and correct your mindset.

Peace is a fruit of the Spirit, it's within us and as we dwell in it, it goes on to produce more fruit. It fills every area of our lives if we let it. It also affects those around us, which in turn brings greater peace to our lives.

It's too easy for a worry or a negative thought to enter our mind. We tend to run with these things easier than running with what God has said. Stay in the Word, let the Truth saturate you, so that you quickly recognise the lies satan tries to steal your peace with.Then use the sword of the Spirit to slay those lies dead! Listen to that still small voice, it's always there, we just have to be still enough to hear it.

blessings to you
    Thanks....I can see you are abiding in Him. Your heart is gentle and true.

What I am interested is the Shalom peace which is a grace gift. That doesn't depend on my efforts but on my receiving of an inheritance I did not earn.

Blog Entries

What I am interested is the Shalom peace which is a grace gift. That doesn't depend on my efforts but on my receiving of an inheritance I did not earn.
    All we receive from God is through the gift of God's grace,yet we usually have to do something to receive it. We cannot enter into a relationship with Jesus unless we first acknowledge Him as our Lord and Saviour, and we cannot grow in that relationship unless we take the time to be with Him and read the scriptures. Likewise, we cannot receive the gift of peace that Jesus left us, unless we first trust Him.We usually have to do something to receive a gift, even if it's just holding out your hands so it can be placed in them. While I have experienced times where I have been overwhelmed with emotion, and felt His peace flow into me without me asking, ( like when I sat next to my mom by myself, as they turned of her life support) I usually have to seek Him to dwell in that peace.

blessings to you
    ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Blog Entries

All we receive from God is through the gift of God's grace,yet we usually have to do something to receive it. We cannot enter into a relationship with Jesus unless we first acknowledge Him as our Lord and Saviour, and we cannot grow in that relationship unless we take the time to be with Him and read the scriptures. Likewise, we cannot receive the gift of peace that Jesus left us, unless we first trust Him.We usually have to do something to receive a gift, even if it's just holding out your hands so it can be placed in them. While I have experienced times where I have been overwhelmed with emotion, and felt His peace flow into me without me asking, ( like when I sat next to my mom by myself, as they turned of her life support) I usually have to seek Him to dwell in that peace.

blessings to you
    ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Banghead Re: I need to experience Shalom, is there anybody on here that walks in it and can sh

This conversation is not helping me at all.

I suggest we end it here.

Blog Entries

- And if I search and search and can not find even one single person, for which this Shalom is truly and authentically their everyday reality in the full sense of the word, then surely that would not mean it is not available, then maybe that just means that nobody has actually taken God seriously on what He talks about is available to His children, according to His Word.
    First of all, what you are asking for, isn't a what.

It's a WHO.

Second of all, the Bible tells us to seek God.

BUT

God isn't lost. He doesn't need to be found. He's not playing hide-and-seek with us.

However, since Adam ... we play hide-and-seek with God. Because we always want to hide everything we think is wrong with us or unacceptable to Him. When really, He loves to meet with us exactly where we are because He already loves us for who we are. No more and no less.

Jesus tells us that His Kingdom is AT HAND.

So stretch out your arm and look at your hand.

Where is it?

Right there.

That's where God is.

The Bible says that His Word is NEAR US, so close we can breathe it in.

Not somewhere tucked away.

Not somewhere in a tower that we have to climb.

Not somewhere on another planet that we have to travel to.

God is I AM.

He is also IMMANUEL. Which means He is WITH US.

As close to you as your hand, as your next breath.

It's not a matter of going where God is.

It's a matter of letting God into where you are. Into your emptiness and lack so He can fill it with Himself.

When you let Him in, then you will have Shalom, because Jesus is the Prince of peace, and where He goes, His peace goes with Him. So if you have Him, you have Peace.

He who has the Son, has life. He who doesn't have the Son, doesn't have life. It's really pretty simple, actually.

Thread Information