Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ol Misery
    Posts
    189

    Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    From: http://awakebride.blogspot.com/2009/...hree-woes.html

    Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    by Dave MacPherson

    "When I began my research in 1970 into the exact beginnings of the pretribulation rapture belief still held by many evangelicals, I assumed that the rapture debate involved only "godly scholars with honest differences." The paper you are now reading reveals why I gave up that assumption many years ago. With this introduction-of-sorts in mind, let's take a long look at the pervasive dishonesty throughout the history of the 179-year-old pretrib rapture theory:"

    Below are a few excerpts from MacPhearson:

    "1920 - Charles Trumbull's book "The Life Story of C. I. Scofield" told only the dispensationally-correct side of his life. Two recent books, Joseph Canfield's "The Incredible Scofield and His Book" (1988) and David Lutzweiler's "DispenSinsationalism: C. I. Scofield's Life and Errors" (2006), reveal the other side including his being jailed as a forger, dishonestly giving himself a non-conferred "D.D." etc. etc.!"

    "1972 - Tim LaHaye's "The Beginning of the End" (1972) plagiarized Hal Lindsey's "The Late Great Planet Earth" (1970)."

    "1976 - Charles Ryrie"s "The Living End" (1976) plagiarized Lindsey's "The Late Great Planet Earth" (1970) and "There's A New World Coming" (1973)."

    "1976 - After John Walvoord's "The Blessed Hope and the Tribulation" (1976) brutally twisted Robert Gundry's "The Church and the Tribulation" (1973), Gundry composed and circulated a 35-page open letter to Walvoord which repeatedly charged the Dallas Seminary president with "misrepresentation," "misrepresentations" (and variations)!

    My note: Titus 2: 13 says "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." John Walvoord, president of Dallas Theological Seminary for years, makes the glorious appearing of Jesus Christ - the blessed hope - into the false dispensationalist pre-tribulation rapture of the church, where the dispensationalists claim Jesus appears in secret and the church meets him in the air. The pre-trib rapture is not exactly a glorious appearing.

    1981 - "The Fundamentalist Phenomenon" (1981) by Jerry Falwell, Ed Dobson, and Ed Hindson heavily plagiarized George Dollar's 1973 book "A History of Fundamentalism in America."

    1984 - MacPhearson says "After a prof at Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God in Florida told me that the No. 2 man at the AG world headquarters in Missouri - Joseph Flower - had the label of posttrib, my wife and I had two hour-long chats with him. He verified what I had been told. But we were dumbstruck when he told us that although AG ministers are required to promote pretrib, privately they can believe any other rapture view!...We also learned while in Springfield that when the AG's were organized in 1914, the initial group was divided between posttribs and pretribs - but that the pretribs shouted louder which resulted in that denomination officially adopting pretrib!"

    My comment: Its interesting that for the Assemblies of God denomination, whoever shouted the loudest won the debate between the Bibical post-trib doctrine and the false pre-trib position of dispensationalism.

    1989 - "Since 1989 Thomas Ice has referred to the "Mac-theory" (his reference to my research), giving the impression there's no solid evidence that Macdonald was the real pretrib originator. But Ice carefully conceals the fact that no eminent church historian of the 1800's - whether Plymouth Brethren or Irvingite - credited Darby with pretrib. Instead, they uniformly credited leading Irvingite sources, all of which upheld the Scottish lassie's contribution! Moreover, I'm hardly the only modern scholar seeing significance in Irvingism's territory. Others in recent years who have noted it, but who haven't mined it as deeply as I have, include Fuller, Ladd, Bass, Rowdon, Sandeen, and Gundry."

    1989 - "Greg Bahnsen and Kenneth Gentry produced evidence in 1989 that Lindsey's book "The Road to Holocaust" (1989) plagiarized "Dominion Theology" (1988) by H. Wayne House and Thomas Ice."

    1990 - "David Jeremiah's and C. C. Carlson's "Escape the Coming Night" (1990) massively plagiarized Lindsey's 1973 book "There's A New World Coming." (For more info, type in "Thieves' Marketing" on MSN or Google.)"

    1991 - "Paul Lee Tan's "A Pictorial Guide to Bible Prophecy" (1991) plagiarized large amounts of Lindsey's "The Late Great Planet Earth" (1970)."

    1992 - "Tim LaHaye's "No Fear of the Storm" (1992) plagiarized Walvoord's "The Blessed Hope and the Tribulation" (1976)."

    1992 - "This was when the Los Angeles Times revealed that "The Magog Factor" (1992) by Hal Lindsey and Chuck Missler was a monstrous plagiarism of Prof. Edwin Yamauchi's scholarly 1982 work "Foes from the Northern Frontier." Four months after this exposure, Lindsey and Missler stated they had stopped publishing and promoting their book. But in 1996 Dr. Yamauchi learned that the dishonest duo had issued a 1995 book called "The Magog Invasion" which still had a substantial amount of the same plagiarism! (If Lindsey and Missler ever need hernia operations, I predict that the doctors will tell them not to lift anything for a long time!)"

    1994 - "In 1996 it was revealed that Lindsey's "Planet Earth - 2000 A.D. (1994) had an embarrassing amount of plagiarism of a Texe Marrs book titled "Mystery Mark of the New Age" (1988)."

    1997 - "For years Harvest House Publishers has owned and been republishing Lindsey's book "There's A New World Coming." During the same time Lindsey has been peddling his reportedly "new" book "Apocalyse Code" (1997), much of which is word-for-word the same as the Harvest House book - and there's no notice of "simultaneous publishing" in either book! Talk about pretrib greed!"

    1997 - "This is the year I discovered that more than 50 pages of Dallas Seminary professor Merrill Unger's book "Beyond the Crystal Ball" (Moody Press, 1973) constituted a colossal plagiarism of Lindsey's "The Late Great Planet Earth" (1970). After Lindsey's book came out, Unger had complained that Lindsey's book had plagiarized his classroom lecture notes. It was evident that Unger felt that he too should cash in on his own lectures! (The detailed account of this Dallas Seminary dishonesty is revealed in my 1998 book "The Three R's.")"

    1998 - "Tim LaHaye's "Understanding the Last Days" (1998) plagiarized Lindsey's "There's A New World Coming" (1973)."

    1999 - "More than 200 pages (out of 396 pages) in Lindsey's 1999 book "Vanished Into Thin Air" are virtually carbon copies of pages in his 1983 book "The Rapture" - with no "updated" or "revised" notice included! Lindsey has done the same nervy thing with several of his books, something that has allowed him to live in million-dollar-plus homes and drive cars like Ferraris! (See my Google articles "Deceiving and Being Deceived" and "Thieves' Marketing" for further evidence of this notably pretrib vice.)"

    2000 - "A Jack Van Impe article "The Moment After" (2000) plagiarized Grant Jeffrey's book "Final Warning" (1995)."

    2001 - "Since my "Deceiving and Being Deceived" web item which exposed the claims for Pseudo-Ephraem" and "Morgan Edwards" as teachers of pretrib, there has been a piranha-like frenzy on the part of pretrib bodyguards and their duped groupies to "discover" almost anything before 1830 walking upright on two legs that seemed to have at least a remote hint of pretrib! (An exemplary poster boy for such pretrib practice is Grant Jeffrey. To get your money's worth, Google "Wily Jeffrey.")"

    FINALLY: Don't take my word for any of the above. Read my 300-page book "The Rapture Plot" which has a jillion more documented details on the long-hidden but now-revealed history of the dishonest, 179-year-old, fringe-British-invented, American-merchandised-until-the-real-bad-stuff-happens pretribulation rapture fad. If this book of mine doesn't "move" you, I will personally refund what you paid for it!

    My comment: Plagiarism is theft. You can quote short passages from someone else's writing as long as you give credit to the author. And you can develop a line of thought in part by paraphrasing, and summarizing the writings of others - as long as you give them credit. But to use pages of verbatim or almost verbatim sections from someone else's writing as though it were one's own writing is plagiarism and theft.

    Exodus 20: 15 says "Thou shalt not steal." Romans 13: 9 says "Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal..."

    Unrepented plagiarism by these dispensationalist writers, who mostly are Christian celebrities,
    would seem to indicate that they have not been born again by the Holy Spirit in Christ.










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    This is one of the favorite tactics of those who cannot answer the teaching of dispensationalism. When the message cannot be answered then they attack the messenger.

    You did not even attempt to answer the following on another of your threads:

    Here we read that the children of Israel will be planted in the land which God has given them and they will never again be uprooted from that land.

    "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David…I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
    (2 Sam.7:8, 10).


    From this we can understand that the Lord has made promises to Israel in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not "been uprooted" from that land (unless that is being fulfilled now). So it is obvious that not "all" of the promises made to Israel in regard to the promised land have been fulfilled.

    However, we can know that since God promised David that these things will happen then they will indeed come to pass.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Strawberry Plains, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    13,638
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    I have read a lot of Dave MacPhearson's works for a long time. All he has stated is easily proven. The pre-trib rapture theory and its dispensationalism is the money maker and has been for years, because of popular authors who used other writer's works to keep it POPULAR. That is where the money is!

    But that is changing. More and more people are finding too many holes in these theories. More and more people who are deciding to RETURN to sincere study in the Word are abandoning the pre-trib/dispensationalist theories because they cannot stand to real scriptural scrutiny. This happened to me even before I ever heard of Dave MacPhearson. And its happening more and more and more.

    Those who are really serious about eschatology truth ARE no longer taking the word of well-known authors, but ARE searching the scriptures and becoming modern Bereans. As a result, many are leaving the theories they once held. They are seeing truth for themselves. In the Bible rather than taking some authors word for things.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

    "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ol Misery
    Posts
    189

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Diggindeeper wrote: "More and more people are finding too many holes in these theories. More and more people who are deciding to RETURN to sincere study in the Word are abandoning the pre-trib/dispensationalist theories because they cannot stand to real scriptural scrutiny. This happened to me even before I ever heard of Dave MacPhearson. And its happening more and more and more.

    Those who are really serious about eschatology truth ARE no longer taking the word of well-known authors, but ARE searching the scriptures and becoming modern Bereans. As a result, many are leaving the theories they once held. They are seeing truth for themselves. In the Bible rather than taking some authors word for things. "

    Jude wrote that "...ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1: 3

    And Paul warns in Galatians 1: 8, "And though we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

    Part of what Paul preached is found in Romans 2: 28-29, Romans 9: 6-8 and in Galatians 4: 25-26. He redefined Israel as now being two different Israels, one physical Israel of the flesh which rejected Christ, and the other Israel as "Jerusalem" which is above, is free, and is the mother of us all, and which are the children of the promise counted as the seed (of Abraham, see Galatians 3: 14-29), and the Israel who are Jews inwardly. He says clearly in Romans 9: 8, "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God," meaning those who are the physical seed of Abraham but are not Christ's (Galatians 3: 29) are not the children of God any longer.

    But dispensationalism says "Israel," with no distinction between born again Israel and unsaved Israel, or "All Israel" and the "church" are the two peoples of God, and that after the "church" is raptured, God will then save the physical Israelites and bring about their Jewish kingdom on earth, in which the Gentile "church" can take part in, but as sort of second class citizens to the Jews, the chosen people.

    Before the pre-trib rapture the dispensationalist "church" acts as a kind of "proxy" for the chosen people who as a majority rejected Christ, though Peter in I Peter 2:9 says Christians are "...a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people..."














  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kyburz, California, United States
    Posts
    3,571
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryShugart View Post
    This is one of the favorite tactics of those who cannot answer the teaching of dispensationalism. When the message cannot be answered then they attack the messenger.

    You did not even attempt to answer the following on another of your threads:

    Here we read that the children of Israel will be planted in the land which God has given them and they will never again be uprooted from that land.

    "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David…I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
    (2 Sam.7:8, 10).
    ...
    That was a conditional promise to national Israel, if they would keep faithful to the Lord. They didn't, so God divorced "National" Israel many years ago.

    And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
    (Jer 3:8)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    That was a conditional promise to national Israel, if they would keep faithful to the Lord. They didn't, so God divorced "National" Israel many years ago.
    There were absolutely no "conditions" attached to the promise to David which I quoted. In fact, God says the following about those promises to him:

    "I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant…Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps. 39:3,33-35).

    The Lord says that He will not "alter the things that have gone out of" His lips regarding the promises that He made to David.Therefore it is certain that in the future the children of Israel will be brought back to the promised land and "they shall no more be pulled up out of their land".

    But since this does not fit your eschatology you say that even though God promised David these things He will not fulfill them. Your eschatology makes God out to be a liar!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ol Misery
    Posts
    189

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Psalm 89: 3- 5: "I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, 4. Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. 5. And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints."

    Psalm 89: 33-36 "Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me."

    II Samuel 7: 12: "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever."

    Jesus Christ the mediator of the New Covenant, is the seed of David, and Christ's throne and his kingdom is established forever.

    Matthew 1: 1 says "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

    God honored physical Israel by bringing Jesus Christ to the world from the genetics of Abraham and David and others - not all of whom were physical descendants of Abraham. Christ, as fully God, was manifested in human flesh to transform that physical Israel into Israel reborn in Christ, into the spiritual house of I Peter 2: 5. Gentiles also entered into the New Covenant as equals with the converted, former physical Israelites (Galatians 3: 28-29).

    Before the transformation of physical Israel, the Israelites were mired in the physical (except for a small remnant of faith in Hebrews 11), with their literal, physical bloodline from Abraham, their circumcision in the flesh of males, and their physical temple building. The Cross and the shed blood of Christ made it possible for Israel reborn in him to move into the Spirit, by the Holy Spirit, and to have something of the mind of Christ in them (Philippians 2: 5). "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Colossians 1: 27

    But for those try to go back, in part, to the Old Covenant Paul says "Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3: 3

    And there is no capital "C" Catholic or dispensationalist "church" as a Body of Christ, as God's saved people, different from Israel reborn in Christ.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kyburz, California, United States
    Posts
    3,571
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryShugart View Post
    There were absolutely no "conditions" attached to the promise to David which I quoted. In fact, God says the following about those promises to him:

    "I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant…Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps. 39:3,33-35).

    The Lord says that He will not "alter the things that have gone out of" His lips regarding the promises that He made to David.Therefore it is certain that in the future the children of Israel will be brought back to the promised land and "they shall no more be pulled up out of their land".

    But since this does not fit your eschatology you say that even though God promised David these things He will not fulfill them. Your eschatology makes God out to be a liar!
    If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
    (Lev 26:3)
    The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
    (Deu 28:9)
    Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
    (Deu 28:45)
    And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
    (Deu 30:9-10)

    These are just a few of the examples of how God's promises WERE conditional. I could find many many more but you should get the point here.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Strawberry Plains, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    13,638
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Yes Raybob. There are just SO many 'IFs' in the Old and the New Testaments we can't begin to count them or list them all here. Just so many, many IFs!

    Maybe that is a little word and easily overlooked?

    But any if has a condition attached to it.

    Even in the New Testament..IF ye abide in me and IF my words abide in you..
    IF ye love me...
    IF..... small word, but much meaning. Always carries conditions with it.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

    "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    These are just a few of the examples of how God's promises WERE conditional. I could find many many more but you should get the point here.
    Anyone can go through the Bible and find "conditions." But you have failed to find even one condition that is attached to the promise which God made to David.

    Even though God said that He would not alter the things which had gone out of His lips in His promise to David you say that He will and did.


    "I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant…Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"
    (Ps. 39:3,33-35).


    Here is one of the promises which God made to David so tell me where we can find this "imaginary" condition:


    "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David…I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
    (2 Sam.7:8,10).


    Of course if there was a condition attached to that promise it would be stated in the context. And the Scriptures will be searched in vain for any "condition" that is attached to that promise. Besides that, the following verses prove that God will be faithful in keeping His promise even if those of the nation of Israel break the Law:


    "I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him...29His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips"
    (Ps.89:20,29-34).


    Here we read that even if the children of Israel break the law God will NOT break His covenant and neither will He ALTER THE THINGS THAT IS GONE OUT OF HIS LIPS!

    Your whole theology is based on the mistaken idea that God will break His covenant He made with David and He will alter the thing that have gone out of His lips.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    Yes Raybob. There are just SO many 'IFs' in the Old and the New Testaments we can't begin to count them or list them all here. Just so many, many IFs!
    Yes, so many 'if's" but so far no one has been able to finf even one that is attached to the Davidic Covenant!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kyburz, California, United States
    Posts
    3,571
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryShugart View Post
    ..


    "I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him...29His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips"
    (Ps.89:20,29-34).


    Here we read that even if the children of Israel break the law God will NOT break His covenant and neither will He ALTER THE THINGS THAT IS GONE OUT OF HIS LIPS!
    ...
    God kept those just perfectly, especially the part about "If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ol Misery
    Posts
    189

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    The reason it is often best not to respond at all to followers of dispensationalism when they bring up some particular within a larger thread is because they will try to engage you in an almost endless argument. When their authority is man-made theology, quoting scripture, Old Testament or New Testament, does not end their argument - except it may help a few who are just now beginning to question the theology. They will keep on bringing up Old Testament texts, saying in effect, "But over here, it says this," not fully believing that the Holy Spirit who inspired the Bible is not contradictory.

    Whether this guy won the argument or not, he has managed to change the topic away from what Dave MacPhearson says about the
    plagiarism of a number of well known dispensationalist writers, mostly celebrities. In doing so, he has diverted attention - on this forum - away from that plagiarism.

    Another problem with this kind of argument is that it is too much like that of a high school sophomore debating class. Reading debates like this can make a Christian wonder where faith is in all this?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    God kept those just perfectly, especially the part about "If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes"
    Yes, God did exactly what He said He would do. So why do you think that He would alter the promises He made to David despite the fact that He says He will not?:


    "I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him...His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips" (Ps.89:20,29-34).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Re: Fearless Dave MacPhearson On Some Dispensationalist Celebrity Writers

    Quote Originally Posted by northwye View Post
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=4]The reason it is often best not to respond at all to followers of dispensationalism when they bring up some particular within a larger thread is because they will try to engage you in an almost endless argument.
    No, these people do not want you to engage dispensationalists in debate because they know that their ideas cannot stand up to the lighr shed by the Scriptures.

    We can see that none of the non-dispensationalists are able to find even one "condition" attached to the Davidic Covenant despite the fact that their whole argument is based on the idea that the promises found in that covenant are conditional.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 3rd 2011, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •