Quote Originally Posted by glad4mercy View Post
Yes, it is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. First, He changes our affections and our desires to actually want to do the right things, then He empowers us to do them. The secret is to walk in the Spirit. ( see Galatians 5 starting in verse 16 and Romans 8). Just as we have received the Spirit, we must also walk in Him. How do we do this? Pray and read the Bible daily, fellowship with other Christians, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide and teach us. There are two principles that battle within every believer, the flesh, ( which is the old man) and the new man who has been born of the Spirit. We must follow after peace, righteousness, and holiness as the Holy Spirit directs us. We learn to recognize the Spirit's voice as we study the Bible prayerfully, as the Holy Spirit will never contradict the Word of God.

John 10: 27 = ( Jesus said) ...My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Romans 8: 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

God Bless.
Thank you! That was beautifully stated.