cure-real
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve

I posted on here once that I take a view of creation that God created many people outside of Adam and Eve because of one of their sons leaving to meet his wife and because the Bible never says that God created only Adam and Eve. Another poster mentioned that it was possible for brother and sister to mate, or even parents to offspring, if they had perfect genetics with no abnormalities and that I "didn't understand how it works." I never got back to address the point, so I will now; The reason there would be abnormalities in such matings of humans is because there would be too many base pairs in the genetics sequence that didn't match up with their analogous base pairs. For example you would have too many cases of where cytosine would match up with another cytosine because the mating pair would have too much genetics in common, not because they had abnormalities. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Christ etc, but this would not work. Most likely the bible mentions Adam and Eve as either a parable or it leaves out the other people that God created around that time.

Blog Entries

Re: Adam and Eve

But if God created other men and women besides Adam, they would have then been created like Adam with out sin, and there is your conflict. What happen to those people, did they all disobey God then because Adams sin would not have effected the others that you believe God created. Or were these who had not sinned just mixed in with the fallen then-which would not work either.

Adam had to reproduce after himself, like kind, thus fallen mankind. Adam's fallen mankind son could not have found an un-fallen mankind women and it been ok to marry and reproduce children, nor would an un-fallen one have even considered such. That would be a major unequally yoked situation.

If you are going to make Adam and Eve a parable, is then the tree of knowledge also a parable? Is the creation of the animals, is the promise regarding the woman's seed? Where do you stop and how do you decide. I mean, Noah and the flood, the tower of Babel. When does it stop and where is the dividing line?

Regardless of genetics, or any of that, it will not work if God created more than just Adam and Eve because we know that all man kind are in a fallen state, reproduced in like kind from Adam and Eve. If others were created they would have been unaffected by Adams fall and thus a mixture of sinful and sinless.

Quote Originally Posted by DDGresham1 View Post
    I posted on here once that I take a view of creation that God created many people outside of Adam and Eve because of one of their sons leaving to meet his wife and because the Bible never says that God created only Adam and Eve. Another poster mentioned that it was possible for brother and sister to mate, or even parents to offspring, if they had perfect genetics with no abnormalities and that I "didn't understand how it works." I never got back to address the point, so I will now; The reason there would be abnormalities in such matings of humans is because there would be too many base pairs in the genetics sequence that didn't match up with their analogous base pairs. For example you would have too many cases of where cytosine would match up with another cytosine because the mating pair would have too much genetics in common, not because they had abnormalities. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Christ etc, but this would not work. Most likely the bible mentions Adam and Eve as either a parable or it leaves out the other people that God created around that time.
    And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, Acts 17:26
    The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20
    for we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
    I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Matthew 3:9
    By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:3

In a manner of speaking we all marry and produce children with our relatives. Just not close relatives unless you reside in certain parts of the country.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries

The thing is, if this is only myth with Adam and Eve, then what do we do with Noah?

Even with Abraham, he married Sarah, his niece. And Isaac married Rebekah who was Abraham's grand niece. Which would make her Isaac's second cousin? I am not sure, but it makes her a relative...

Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post
    The thing is, if this is only myth with Adam and Eve, then what do we do with Noah?

For one thing, myths usually don't die nor procreate. At least not in the Bible.

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
    4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
    5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

If this record is a myth, then one may as well get it over with and conclude every genealogy record in the Bible is a myth as well. So when we see something like the following...

Genesis 11:10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:
    11 And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.
    12 And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah:
    13 And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.....

This would be based on a myth as well. Why? Because the genealogy record of Adam was a myth. Kind of makes one wonder why God told Adam and Eve, a myth, in Genesis 1 to be fruitful and multiply?
    Last edited by divaD; Dec 6th 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    For one thing, myths usually don't die nor procreate. At least not in the Bible.

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
    4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
    5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

If this record is a myth, then one may as well get it over with and conclude every genealogy record in the Bible is a myth as well. So when we see something like the following...

Genesis 11:10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:
    11 And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.
    13 And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.....

This would be based on a myth as well. Why? Because the genealogy record of Adam was a myth. Kind of makes one wonder why God told Adam and Eve, a myth, in Genesis 1 to be fruitful and multiply?
    I agree. IMHO, when we start with trying to decide what is history verses what is myth, we are heading in the wrong direction. For me, my lack of being able to understand, grasp, or explain, is not reason to disbelieve. There are plenty of other things that we can see, understand, grasp and explain.

The Bible is the most attacked and ripped apart writing that there has ever been and it has not nor will not fail to stand....thats how I feel about it anyway. I am sure you do also...

Just because I can't figure it out, does not mean it is not fact.

perhaps consider this

remember in scripture saying Adam was created male and female ?

Adam is mankind -while in garden had no flesh as we know it but was a living spirit

Eve was taken out of adam - Eve is the church/woman clothed in sun gives birth to Christ - eve is a helper remember

Eve ate first and then gave to adam

in heaven the churcc/eve fed "mankind" fruit being decieved by satan

adam and eve died in that very day
    do you recall paul speaking of a great mystery of why a man leaves his mother and father and cleaves to his wife but he is speaking of the church ?

remember eve is mother of all living - also remember the woman clothed in sun gives birth to Christ - who gets the holy spirit-aka life- and gives it as a gift

we were in heaven - cast out and are dead here on earth - and want to get back to heaven

also remember the church is spoken of as a lady

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    In a manner of speaking we all marry and produce children with our relatives. Just not close relatives unless you reside in certain parts of the country.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    That's a myth. Are there decendents of inbreeding couples in Appalachia that have issues because of it? Yes, but there is no more inbreeding going on in that area in this day that any other area of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, Acts 17:26
    The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20
    for we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
    I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Matthew 3:9
    By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:3
    Good study. Thanks for posting it. I am not saying that Adam and Eve absolutely were myths. I am saying that it's one possility (although that scripture seems pretty solid). It is possible that we aren't being told everything in terms of how this was accomplished. If Adam's children had children with others created nearby, that would indeed lead to every nation being made from Adam. Or, perhaps there is a period of genetics we have never seen; dna chains that mutate enough after each birth to allow inbreeding without abnormalities presenting themselves.

here below defines who Adam was.

Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post
    But if God created other men and women besides Adam, they would have then been created like Adam with out sin, and there is your conflict. What happen to those people, did they all disobey God then because Adams sin would not have effected the others that you believe God created. Or were these who had not sinned just mixed in with the fallen then-which would not work either.

Adam had to reproduce after himself, like kind, thus fallen mankind. Adam's fallen mankind son could not have found an un-fallen mankind women and it been ok to marry and reproduce children, nor would an un-fallen one have even considered such. That would be a major unequally yoked situation.

If you are going to make Adam and Eve a parable, is then the tree of knowledge also a parable? Is the creation of the animals, is the promise regarding the woman's seed? Where do you stop and how do you decide. I mean, Noah and the flood, the tower of Babel. When does it stop and where is the dividing line?

Regardless of genetics, or any of that, it will not work if God created more than just Adam and Eve because we know that all man kind are in a fallen state, reproduced in like kind from Adam and Eve. If others were created they would have been unaffected by Adams fall and thus a mixture of sinful and sinless.
    I was thinking the very same thing. If there are more than Adam and Even then sin would not have passed on to everyone. Additionally, if not all sinned then when they procreated it wouldn't have been a corrupted seed brought forth. No, logically speaking the only accurate deduction is that all have descended from Adam.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post

If one comes to believe that even one account such as this is myth, then what authority has any of the scriptures? If one is faulty, you must conclude that nothing is trustworthy. Or maybe it is as one Methodist minister in the local church I grew up in stated...

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

He explained this as being able to rightly divide the truth from the error in the scriptures. Me, I think that this applies...

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Quote Originally Posted by fewarechosen View Post
    here below defines who Adam was.

Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
    The translation you are using doesn't really match the ESV or the YLT;

Genesis 5: 1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.2 Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. (ESV)

Genesis 5: 1 This is an account of the births of Adam: In the day of God's preparing man, in the likeness of God He hath made him; 2 a male and a female He hath prepared them, and He blesseth them, and calleth their name Man, in the day of their being prepared. (YLT)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    The translation you are using doesn't really match the ESV or the YLT;

Genesis 5: 1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.2 Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. (ESV)

Genesis 5: 1 This is an account of the births of Adam: In the day of God's preparing man, in the likeness of God He hath made him; 2 a male and a female He hath prepared them, and He blesseth them, and calleth their name Man, in the day of their being prepared. (YLT)
    (KJV+) MaleH2145 and femaleH5347 createdH1254 he them; and blessedH1288 them, and calledH7121 (H853) their nameH8034 Adam,H121 in the dayH3117 when they were created.H1254

H121

Thread Information