cure-real
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Adam and Eve

Re: Adam and Eve

Quote Originally Posted by elisha View Post
    Genesis 5:4:And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Genesis 5:3:And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

There is no mention of children before Seth,unless people want to invent some or move the timeline around.
    It isn't a assumptive insert to acknowlege that Adam and Eve had children before Seth besides Cain and Abel.

Both the OT and the NT tell us that Adam and Eve were the first two humans, and all humans descended from them; because of their fall into sin, all of us their children are plagued by that sinful curse.

I Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam"
    Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. "
    Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men"

Besides, Genesis 5:3 isn't the first reference to Adam and Eve having many children.

Genesis 1:27 "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

God's admonition to Adam and Eve from the very beginning (not starting 130 years later with Seth), was to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

Cain, Abel, and Seth were the only children of Adam named in the Genesis narrative, but by the existence of the people of the land of Nod living around the time of Abel's death, we can know without any doubt; and without calling the Biblical record into question; that Adam and Eve had many children between the time of Cain and Seth that simply were not detailed in Adam's geneology.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I don't think I'm misinterpreting, since I never for once thought you meant the people in Nod were giants. I'm not certain where that idea is coming from? What's Nod have to do with giants?
    lol, nothing, i think. i do not think there is any connection at all, between nod and giants.
    but some do.
    I know I cant spell, nor know where to put them ,, ., and ?
    If you are so smart, you should be able to figure it out though, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by DDGresham1 View Post
    I posted on here once that I take a view of creation that God created many people outside of Adam and Eve because of one of their sons leaving to meet his wife and because the Bible never says that God created only Adam and Eve. Another poster mentioned that it was possible for brother and sister to mate, or even parents to offspring, if they had perfect genetics with no abnormalities and that I "didn't understand how it works." I never got back to address the point, so I will now; The reason there would be abnormalities in such matings of humans is because there would be too many base pairs in the genetics sequence that didn't match up with their analogous base pairs. For example you would have too many cases of where cytosine would match up with another cytosine because the mating pair would have too much genetics in common, not because they had abnormalities. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Christ etc, but this would not work. Most likely the bible mentions Adam and Eve as either a parable or it leaves out the other people that God created around that time.
    Rather than speculating in great detail about Cosmology issues in lengthy conversations with others; there are orphans and widows to minister to, and hungry folk to feed. Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    It isn't a assumptive insert to acknowlege that Adam and Eve had children before Seth besides Cain and Abel.

Both the OT and the NT tell us that Adam and Eve were the first two humans, and all humans descended from them; because of their fall into sin, all of us their children are plagued by that sinful curse.

I Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam"
    Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. "
    Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men"

Besides, Genesis 5:3 isn't the first reference to Adam and Eve having many children.

Genesis 1:27 "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

God's admonition to Adam and Eve from the very beginning (not starting 130 years later with Seth), was to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

Cain, Abel, and Seth were the only children of Adam named in the Genesis narrative, but by the existence of the people of the land of Nod living around the time of Abel's death, we can know without any doubt; and without calling the Biblical record into question; that Adam and Eve had many children between the time of Cain and Seth that simply were not detailed in Adam's geneology.
    What about Lilith? :-D

Thread Information