cure-real

Thread: Will God avenge me?

Will God avenge me?

I didn't know where to put this so I choe here...

Will God take care of the people that gossip and say things behind my back? Right now i'm in a situation where this person is saying things behind my back and making me look like i'm a big butthole to her family. The bible says that we will reap what we sow. Solomon also said that the power of life and death are in the power in the tongue. Will this persons words eventually come back her?

Re: Will God avenge me?

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post

Will God take care of the people that gossip and say things behind my back? Right now i'm in a situation where this person is saying things behind my back and making me look like i'm a big butthole to her family. The bible says that we will reap what we sow. Solomon also said that the power of life and death are in the power in the tongue. Will this persons words eventually come back her?
    More surely than the sun will rise in the morning...

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
    Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

People tend to focus on the first half of the verse, read the bolded portion, this part scares me. No maybe or kind of or sort of about it.

What to do in the mean time?

Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
    Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

There are more scriptures, but I think you have already read most of them. Anyhoo, just one more...

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Blog Entries

Yes I do believe that her words will come back to her. One thing I know about people that lie about others, is that it won't be long before they lie again. One day she may even lie about her own family members, and then they will know not to trust anything that comes out of her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan9 View Post
    Yes I do believe that her words will come back to her. One thing I know about people that lie about others, is that it won't be long before they lie again. One day she may even lie about her own family members, and then they will know not to trust anything that comes out of her mouth.
    It's not as much lying, but more of gossip. She just loves to gossip and say bad things about me.

yes but if they repent perhaps God will be merciful like he was to King David so many times

It depends.

If anyone sins and has not repented and has rejected the atonement of the Messiah Jesus they will face the wrath of God.

But if they repent of their sins (bearing false witness is a sin) and believe Jesus then they will be forgiven their sins against you and will not face Gods vengeance.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Oh, I forgot to add. While people who gain the gift of forgiveness of God will not face the vengeance of God they still may face retribution in this life for their sins. If the person who has spread lies about you she may have spread other lies about other people as well. Sooner or later she may spread lies against a person who will be out to take vengeance for themselves. She may hurt someone who later in life she will need support from and she will not get that support. There are many ways that people can suffer in this world because of the sins of their past, even if they have been forgiven by God.

I never understood why Jesus says pray for your enemy until it hit me. Pray for them cause they are on the path to damnation.

Quote Originally Posted by JRFifty View Post
    I never understood why Jesus says pray for your enemy until it hit me. Pray for them cause they are on the path to damnation.
    Right, that's why Stephen prayed for his stoners, and that's why Jesus prayed for his murderers.

Thread Information