cure-real
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for info on "the Beast."

Re: Looking for info on "the Beast."

Quote Originally Posted by turtledove View Post
    So, are you sayin then that Satan is also the Great Red Dragon mentioned above or not so? Thanks..for sharing. This is getting to be a lively and interersting thread.
    Hi tutledove, the following verse 9. identifies the red dragon as Satan.

Revelation 12: 9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I also say that the little horn is Satan by what he does.

Daniel 8: 9. And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10. And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Revelation 12: 3. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. 4. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The beast is with Satan in Daniel 7: 12. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

The beast is mentioned being killed in Revelation 19: 19. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

After the beast is killed, Satan is imprisoned.

In Revelation 20: 1 – 2. Satan is bound by the angel Abaddon.
    The angel Abaddon, which means destroyer was given the key to the pit.

Revelation 9: 1. And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9: 11. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Revelation 20: 1. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Thank you turtldove, for your question.

Blog Entries

Recently in my bible study on the Book of Daniel the writer argues that the "Beast" in the book of Revelation is the same as the Man of Lawlessness and another name for the Anti-Christ. Assume there are some who have studied this who will agree and others not. What is your imput on this?
    Beasts in prophecy are always symbolic of a government, unless you are talking about "the" beast, the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and satan.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Where is the connection between Antichrist and beast ?

Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    Where is the connection between Antichrist and beast ?
    Rev 13. This chapter shifts from describing an empire to describing its leader. The description of the leader matches other verses in the bible that speak of a leader who will come to power amidst signs and wonders and rule for 3.5 years and persecute the believers.

Daniel 7 also refers to this leader when describing the "little horn" of the beast. This description also entails a leader who rules for 3.5 years and persecutes the saints until the second coming.

What seems to happen is Rev. 17 shows that a long dead king (one of the five fallen kings /Nebuchadnezzar will come up out of the bottomless pit.
    He is coming in the end days.
    He does not come out and right away become the ruler of Iraq.
    It seems that he will wander the earth for a while, and get heard in the time of the third seal as to hurt not the oil and the wine.
    Rev. 17 shows that this out of the pit beast will become the out of perdition beast/king before the world wonders after him or the ten horns join up with him.

So now he has been about the world -learning how things work as to our day. Time for him to rule Iraq comes, so we move to Rev. 13 where the sea beast is given his seat/throne by the dragon that seems to be ruling from Lebanon/Tyre/the place of the woman that mother of harlots city.
    the beast rules as the mouth on the only one active head, which is actually the bottomless pit beast that had risen earlier from the dead/Nebuchadnezzar.
    Time passes as he rules Iraq.
    makes a -yr covenant
    wars with Egypt
    And gets to the time of when he starts a war against the two witnesses in Rev. 11.

Notice that he is still the bottomless pit beast at that time.
    It seems that here is when he gets slain.
    The great tribulation will soon start as the two witnesses will be slain and lie in the street of Jerusalem.
    The Gentiles can only hold the city for 42 months.
    /tread under foot the holy city

During the war against the two witnesses, as the bottomless pit beast, he will be slain -the Gentiles are treading on the city around this point.
    Rev. 13 shows the wounded/healed head comes back as out of the earth.
    Just as the false prophet is the "another" to come up out of the earth.

They are both -sons of perdition. /from hell

2 Thess. 2 refers to the son of perdition revealed, that sits in the temple.

Thanks to all who have shared on this thread I started. The information gives much food for thought. I appreciate the research some have done as well. Blessings.
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Recently in my bible study on the Book of Daniel the writer argues that the "Beast" in the book of Revelation is the same as the Man of Lawlessness and another name for the Anti-Christ. Assume there are some who have studied this who will agree and others not. What is your imput on this?
    at this time i, in my opinion do consider the real possibility that the man of lawlessness, is the same entity as the small horn
    I have not been able to exclude the antichrist from this same entity as well. just for fun i will also add that descriptions of the harlet fullfill my candidate for short horn.
    on another note I still have not answered your question as to me the real delima is is in the BEAST in its entirity, that being we can easily decifer the parts of the beast, the seperate heads, and thier crowns, we know who the animals depict, even the small horn, which is so important that it has many descriptions and singled out for a reason. This combined beast recieves its authority and power from satan, whom we all know is the mastermind behind it all, at this time i believe that is the purpose to show satan was behind the madness since the beginning of mankind.
    the bible clearly has many names for its characters, all of them being just as real and truth. there are many names for GOD and many for the SON, there are many for SATAN, and many for LITTLE HORN (interesting isnt it that little horn is singled out, and so many descrptions given) this is an overlooked main character in the plan. the dragon, the man of lawless the harlot. so lets look at the truth- the trilogy God ghost son and now the lie- Satan -littlehorn- ? is there a trilogy here as well or are all other bad people in bible descriptions of one of the two of them. I would say the beast of revolations deserves a place here but................ littlehorn is just a part of the "beast" but has been seperated on purpose, and many descriptions made of it FOR THE PURPOSE of knowing what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by otis lilly View Post
    This combined beast recieves its authority and power from satan, whom we all know is the mastermind behind it all, at this time i believe that is the purpose to show satan was behind the madness since the beginning of mankind.
    Interesting point! Yes, definitely the mastermind of all evil since the beginning.
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Daniel 7: 7. “After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.”
    Revelation 13: demonstrates the joining of the Lion, Bear, Leopard and Fourth beast. Revelation harmonises with Daniel.

Revelation 13: 1. “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”

Revelation 13: 2. “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.”

Revelation 13: 3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.” Who is the beast with the mortal wound?

Way back many centuries the beast was warned about the wound within Geneses 3: 1 – 15, when the only humans on Earth, at that time were Adam and Eve, who were childless at that particular moment.

Geneses 3: 15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Yes, praise to the Ancient of Days! My bible study teacher also thinks that the man of lawlessness, the beast, and adds the "little horn." to the names for the Anti-Christ as well. Thus they are all names for the same person. For one person.
    Yes the little horn is both the anti-christ and the small nation He originates from. In the Book of Daniel this small horn will rise up after then 10 horns and the small horn will take control of 3 horns.

Daniel 7
    8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.

Some say that these 3 kings/nations will be destroyed by the Anti-christ. I believe the Anti-Christ will take direct control of these 3 nations and these 3 leaders will lose their king status.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

This is an old doc i made up a few years ago. I use The Book of Daniel to explain what Horns are in prophecy.

“Daniel 8:3
    I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later.”

The Angel interpreted the vision to Daniel later in the passage.

“Daniel 8:20
    20The ram which you saw, having the two horns--they are the kings of Media and Persia.”

Meda-Persia became united into one kingdom (the ram) one horn (Persia) was longer (more powerful) than the other (Media) it became more powerful and eventually absorbed its partner Media and the empire became known as Persia.

In this same prophesy the ram was destroyed by a one horned goat.

Daniel 8:5
    “5And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. 6Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power. 7And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns. There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.”

Daniel 8:21
    21And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king.

So Greece is the goat and it was not a multi kingdom controled empire (only one horn). We all know about Alexander the Great and how he destroyed the Persian Empire.

So the beast (ram goat) represents the Empire and the Horn/Horns on it represent the Nations/Kings that control that Empire.

So using this information we can see that the final satanic world power will be firstly controlled by 10 Nations/Kings it will exists before the rise of the anti-christ (little horn) When the Anti- Christ rises to power in the empire He will take control of 3 of the horns. So teh final configuration of the Empire will be 8 Horns/Kings of which the Anti-Christ will be the undisputed leader.

12. Re: Looking for info on "the Beast."

I think the anti-christ will be a hybrid. His father will be Satan (who will take physical form), and a human (daughter of Adam) who will give birth to him as seen in Genesis the Sixth Chapter. Hence, he will be half human-half Satan (fallen angel). This would be right in line with Genesis 6:4. Genesis's "son's of god" are the Bene HaElohim or angels. The "daughters of men" are women the daughters of Adam. This is called the angel view. The other two views don't seem to play out very well. The largest view is the Seth view but the question would have to be asked, "since when does an ungodly person marry an ungodly person and create a "giant". They don't. The Giants are the Nephilim the children of fallen angels the "sons of god". Therefore, a hybrid Nephilim antichrist with his father being Satan isn't unconceivable. Reference: Fallen Angels: Giants, UFO Encounters, And The New World Order, by CK Quarterman

Do you have any scripture to support this theory? It would be very interesting to see how you lay it all out.
    Last edited by BrianW; Feb 10th 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    This is an old doc i made up a few years ago. I use The Book of Daniel to explain what Horns are in prophecy.

I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later.”

20The ram which you saw, having the two horns--they are the kings of Media and Persia.”

Meda-Persia became united into one kingdom (the ram) one horn (Persia) was longer (more powerful) than the other (Media) it became more powerful and eventually absorbed its partner Media and the empire became known as Persia.

“5And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. 6Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power. 7And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns. There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.”

21And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king.

So Greece is the goat and it was not a multi kingdom controled empire (only one horn). We all know about Alexander the Great and how he destroyed the Persian Empire.

So the beast (ram goat) represents the Empire and the Horn/Horns on it represent the Nations/Kings that control that Empire.

So using this information we can see that the final satanic world power will be firstly controlled by 10 Nations/Kings it will exists before the rise of the anti-christ (little horn) When the Anti- Christ rises to power in the empire He will take control of 3 of the horns. So teh final configuration of the Empire will be 8 Horns/Kings of which the Anti-Christ will be the undisputed leader.

Very well said.. In addition, any beast that rises out of the sea symbolizes Kingdoms and Empires, while the beast out of the earth refers to a man; the little horn, false prophet, king of the north.

When applied to Rev.13, the chapter begins to make sense. The 7th head, a wounded kingdom, appears dead, unable to unite as one. The wound is healed as ten nations forge a union under the leadership of the false prophet, the beast out of the earth.

Adstar.

I understand and appreciate your statements, however there are some bibical problems with the connection made with Alexander the great, who’s empire and the events pertaining to it were fixed to the time of the thighs of brass on the Metal Empire Time Span Statue of Daniel 2. which, in hindsight points to 331 BC – 168 BC. IMHO.

Capitals used for enphasis only.

This is the first biblical problem.
    Daniel 8: 16. “And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, MAKE THIS man TO UNDERSTAND THE VISION.”

Daniel 8: 17. “So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, UNDERSTAND, O SON OF MAN: FOR AT THE TIME OF THE END shall be THE VISION.”

Daniel 8: 19. “And he said, Behold, I WILL MAKE THEE KNOW WHAT SHALL BE IN THE LAST END OF THE INDIGNATION: FOR AT THE TIME APPOINTED THE END shall be.”

331 BC – 168 BC is far too early to be at ‘the time of the end,’ the specified time span, according to the angel Gabriel, concerning the vision and the events within the vision’s time span.

Daniel 8: 13. “Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, HOW LONG shall be THE VISION concerning the daily and THE TRANSGRESSION OF DESOLATION to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?”
    Daniel 8: 14. And he said unto me, Unto TWO THOUSAND AND THREE HUNDRED DAYS; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

This is the second biblical problem.

The biblical geographical location stated clearly by the angel Gabriel, is that the events between the ram and he goat would occur within the ‘province of Elam, by the Ulai river, now called the Karun river in Iran, near the Iraqi city of Basra.

Daniel 8: 2. And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the PROVINCE OF ELAM; and I saw in a vision, and I WAS BY THE RIVER ULAI.

Daniel 8: 3. Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, THERE STOOD BEFORE THE RIVER A RAM which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and THE HIGHER CAME UP LAST.

We know that the battle between Alexander the great and Medo/Persians, took place on the ARBELLA PLAINS, 1000 kilometers away from the province of Elam, therefore the ancient Greek Empire does not fit the vision’s stipulated time or geographical location.
    Direction from which the he goat travel is directly from the north covering a vast area ‘without touching the ground.’

Daniel 8: 5. And as I was considering, behold, an HE GOAT CAME FROM THE WEST ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE EARTH, and TOUCHED NOT THE GROUND: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Place a finger on the Ulai/Karun river in Iran and spin a sphere of the world map anti clockwise and your finger will land on the USA, directly from the West of Iran and it will miss Greece completely.

Now of course we come to verse 20, which I dealt on this forum ages ago.

I had someone tell me, on Bible forum net site that quote. “Gabriel told Daniel the name ‘Grecia’ and on that basis alone, I believe the Bible.” Unquote.

I replied that “Daniel was not told the name ‘Grecia’ and when we take a deeper look into this, it can be proven.”

I said that “the book of Daniel was written in Hebrew and Aramaic and that Daniel spoke Aramaic”.
    “Daniel was told the Aramaic name ‘Javan’ which is numbered by Strong’s as 3120 from which Grecia 3120 was translated.”

I went on to explain the following.

“Javan’ 3120 and his four sons Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim were not representative of the one nation of Greece solely, in fact the name ‘Javan’ and his four sons relates to the Western migration and populating of many lands along with the Isles of the Gentiles Western nations, the seafaring nations that eventually sailed as far as the United States and even further.”

My Bible backup was as follows.

{ 3120 }
    “Geneses 10: 4. “And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.”

“Geneses 10: 5. By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.”

“The name {Javan 3120} is not about the one nation of Greece, it is about many nations, including Greece and the European nations, every one after their own language. Javan’s four son’s names are mentioned in European historic places. Finally the seafaring Europeans reached America, and it became the ‘first’ or number one power and its President being numbered first, the number one leader of the Western Gentile nations.” Unquote.
    That is the he goat, IMHO.

The USA, the Eagle and President/horn on the ‘he goat,’ also called the ‘rough goat’ Daniel 8: 21, is a much greater power than the UK/lion, Russia/Bear, or leopard/France and 4th beast put together.
    That fact is indicated after the horn, on the goat is broken, after which the 4, rise up in its place but not with the same amount of power in Daniel 8: 23. “Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.”

Out of the nation of Gentiles the lion, bear, leopard will stand with the 4th beast and little horn, will then stand, where they will join together, this can be seen in Revelation chapter 13.

Thread Information