cure-real

Thread: My Daily BIble Study - John's letters and Jude (2)

My Daily BIble Study - John's letters and Jude (2)

1 John 1

What does the text say? – John said he had seen and touched Jesus Christ who existed from the beginning, and he had heard Him as He spoke of Eternal Life – which was seen to be manifested in Him. John told and wrote of that Life so others might also have fellowship with the Father and Jesus Christ His Son, so they, too, might be full of Joy. This is the message John has heard from Jesus Christ – that God is Light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with God and live in Sin, we are lying, but if we live to please God we have fellowship with other Christians, and the Blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, cleanses us from all Sin. If we say we are Sinless we are deceiving ourselves. If we confess our Sins to God He is faithful and just to Forgive us and cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we are sinless we are calling God a liar, and showing that His Word has no place in our hearts.

Application? – Do I believe John’s eye-witness account of Jesus Christ? Do I believe Jesus was with God at Creation(John 1:1)? Do I know that Eternal Life is ‘here and now’ not just in the future? Do I know that indefinable Joy (not happiness) that bubbles up even through pain? Am I aware of when God draws away from me because of some un-repented Sin? Am I determined to live to please God? Do I know the Peace of mind that comes with confession and repentance of Sin?

Quote:-(Henry H. Halley)”Light stands for God’s realm of Truth, righteousness, purity, joy, ineffable Glory. Darkness stands for this world of error, evil, ignorance, wickedness and the abode of the Lost.”

Re: My Daily BIble Study - John's letters and Jude (2)

1 John 2

What does the text say? – If His people Sin, Jesus Christ the One whose Sacrifice atones for our Sin, will speak to God on behalf of those who demonstrate they are living in Him by obeying His commands. Those who say they are living in the Light but hates another Christian, instead of loving them, is still living in Darkness and causes others to stumble – such a person is blinded by darkness. John writes to those who know Jesus Christ and have overcome the Evil one and are strong because the word of God lives in their heart. Do not love the things of this world, the lust of the flesh and eyes; for pride in possessions and achievements are not of the Father but of the world, and the world is passing away, but those who do God’s Will abide forever. Those who are anointed by the Holy One know these things which are reminders to those who know the Truth. Those who deny that Jesus is the Christ are liars and don’t know the Father or the Son but those who acknowledge the Son have the Father also. If you remain faithful to Christ you will remain in fellowship with the Father and the Son and also receive the Promised everlasting Life. Abide in Him so you will not be ashamed when Christ returns, knowing that only those who do God’s Will are His children.

Application? – Do I fully trust Jesus Christ? Do I obey Him in every way? Do I desire, and work towards, the best for each Christian? Am I truly living in the Light of Christ? Does His Word live in my heart and life? Do I love things of the world too much? Do I acknowledge that Jesus is God? Am I faithful to Him?

1 John 3

What does the text say? – Only because of God’s great Love for us has He made us His children. The world does not accept us because they don’t accept Him. We are children of God at the moment and what we will become is not known, but we know that when Jesus Christ appears we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. Everyone who trusts Him for this has purified themselves, knowing that those who Sin are lawless, but you know that in Jesus Christ is no Sin and He came so He might release us from our slavery to Sin. No one who keeps on Sinning has either seen or known Him. Don’t let anyone lead you astray , those who do what is Sinful are of the devil. The Son of God came to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to Sin. Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God, nor is anyone who does not love other Christians. Love one another , don’t be surprised if the world hates you because you have passed from Death to Life. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and no murderer has entered Life. Jesus personified Love when He laid down His life for us; and we should fulfil each other’s needs too. Our actions show what is in our hearts, whether love or hate. If we obey God’s Commands and do what pleases Him, He will give us what we need and ask for. This is His Command – that we believe in the Name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another. Those who obey His Commands live in Him and He in them by the Spirit He has given us.

Application? –I may not be accepted by ‘the world’. Am I eagerly expecting Jesus Christ to appear knowing that I will be like Him? Am I purifying myself? I am no longer a slave to Sin, I can do what pleases God, if I have passed from Death to Life. Do I love others in the same way Jesus Christ loves me? Do I fulfil the needs of others? My actions speak louder than my words. Do I trust the Lord to fulfil the needs I ask Him to? Do I do my best to please God in all I think, say, and do? Do I believe Jesus Christ is who He said He is? Do I obey God?

1 John 4

What does the text say? – Test the spirits to see if they are from God or the ‘world’ because there are many false prophets. Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ is God who was born as a human being, is from God, but those that do not acknowledge this are not from God but is the spirit of anti-Christ. Those who are true Christians have overcome the world, because He who is in them is greater that the one in the world. False prophets speak from the world’s viewpoint, so the world listens to them. We are from God so whoever knows God listens to us, but others do not – this is how we know who is from God. Love one another, for Love comes from God, and He showed His Love by sending His unique Son into the world that we might live through Him by means of His atoning sacrifice for our Sins. God lives in those who acknowledge that Jesus Christ is His Son. There is no fear in love, because perfect love casts out fear. We love because God first loved us. Anyone who does not love a brother who they have seen cannot truly love God who they have not seen.

Application? – Do I acknowledge that Jesus Christ is God, and was born a human being? Have I overcome the power of Sin in my life? Or am I still becoming a genuine Christian? Are my actions always loving and kind? Does God live in me, or do my actions drive Him away?

1 John 5

What does the text say? – Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Messiah(Christ) is born of God and all who love the Father also love the Son. Loving God is demonstrated by obedience to Him and His commands are not burdensome for those who have overcome the world. Our faith in Him gives us the victory in overcoming the world. Jesus Christ came by water and blood (baptism and sacrifice? – or - natural and spiritual birth?). It is the Spirit of Truth who testifies with the water and blood. God’s testimony is greater than man’s and is in the heart of those who believe in the Son of God. Anyone who does not believe in God’s testimony makes Him out to be a liar, because they do not believe that God gives eternal Life through His Son. Whoever has the Son has Life, whoever does not have the Son does not have Life. Those of us who believe in the Name (character) of the Son of God have the confidence to approach God, knowing if we ask anything according to His Will He will grant our request. Pray for other Christians who Sin and God will give them Life, providing it is not a Sin leading to Death. Anyone born of God will be kept safe by His Son and the Evil one cannot harm them – even though the whole world is under the control of the Evil one – but the Son of God has given His people understanding, and they are under the control of Jesus Christ. Keep yourselves from idols.

Application? – Do I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and so trust Him completely? Have I been Born Again by His Spirit? Is obeying God burdensome for me? Do I have confidence that God will answer my prayers if they are according to His Will? Do I pray for other Christians to be kept free from Sin? Am I fully aware that the Evil one cannot harm me spiritually as Jesus Christ is my Saviour? Do I keep myself free from idols?

2 John

What does the text say? – John writes to the ‘chosen lady and her children who he, and everyone who loves the Truth, loves because the Truth lives in them, and will forever. Grace, Mercy and Peace from God the Father and Jesus Christ His Son will be with them all in Truth and Love. It had given John much joy to find some of the ‘chosen lady’s’ children living according to the Truth. John writes to encourage loving each other, and says this is love – that we act in obedience to God and live in love. Many deceivers do not acknowledge that Jesus Christ came in human body, with all it’s limitations, deceiving others. Watch out that you do not lose what we (the apostles?) have worked for. Anyone who does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have a relationship with God, but anyone who does continue to obey Him has a relationship with both the Father and Jesus Christ His Son; do not welcome anyone into your home who does not acknowledge Him or you will be helping to spread lies. John hopes to visit them.

Application? – Does the truth live in my heart? Do I recognise Grace, Mercy and Peace from God and Jesus Christ in my life? Am I living in obedience to God and demonstrating my love for others? Have I added to, or removed anything from, the teaching of Christ? Do I think what doctrine people believe about Jesus Christ does not matter, or do I stick to the doctrine of the Apostles.

3 John

What does the text say? – John prayed that Gaius would prosper in every way, saying he had no greater joy than to know that his children are living in the Truth. If Gaius continued to give support to travelling teachers he would do well, as they would not accept support from unbelievers. John said he wrote to the church but Diotrephes, who loved to be the leader, refused to have anything to do with him – if John came he would remember that evil, for not content with speaking evil of other teachers he put out of the church anyone who listened to them or offered them hospitality. Don’t imitate what is evil but only what is good. Those who do good are of God, but those who do evil have not known God. Everyone spoke highly of Demetrius as did the Truth, and John also bore witness to his truthfulness and his testimony was true. John said he hoped to see Gaius shortly and that they would be able to speak face to face, He sent his greetings and also greetings from friends.

Application? - Does my life bring joy to those who led me to the Lord by being faithful to Him? Do I encourage those doing the Lord’s Work ? Do I offer them hospitality? Do I obey church leaders who act against the Lord’s teaching? Do I speak evil of those who have greater knowledge of the Lord than I do?

[SIZE=1]Jude

What does the text say? - Jude wrote to those called and sanctified by God and preserved by Jesus Christ. He found it necessary to encourage them to defend the faith that God has entrusted to His Holy people. Some people were saying that God’s marvellous Grace allows His people to live immoral lives, thus denying the Lord Jesus Christ. Jude reminded them that although the Lord rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, He later destroyed those who did not remain faithful, also the angels who left the place where they belonged and are now chained in dark prisons awaiting Judgement, and also Sodom and Gomorrah, that were full of immorality and sexual perversion that God destroyed by eternal fire; these people scoff at things they do not understand and follow their instincts to destruction. These people serve only themselves and are like dangerous reefs that can shipwreck others, like clouds without water, like trees without fruit. Enoch, of the 7th generation of Adam’s descendants prophesied about these people, saying Judgement would be executed on people of the world who did unGodly things and insulted God. Jude reminded his readers that the Apostles said there will be mockers and sensual people who will cause divisions because they don’t have the Holy Spirit; so keep yourselves in the love of God, pray guided by the Holy Spirit, and rely on the Mercy of Jesus Christ. Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering, rescue others by snatching them from the fires of Judgement. Jude reminded his readers that Jesus Christ is able to present those He has Saved to God who has Wisdom, Glory, Majesty Dominion and Power, now and forever.

Application? – Have I submitted my life Jesus Christ? Does the life I lead please Jesus Christ or cause Him to turn away from me because of my immorality? Do I scoff at things I do not understand? Is my life guided by the Holy Spirit or by my desires? Are my prayers guided by the Holy Spirit or by my desires? Am I merciful to those whose faith wavers? Do I trust Jesus Christ to Save all those willing to fulfil His conditions to be Saved by Him?
    [/SIZE]

Thread Information