cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: What do we suppose to do in our life? (Moved from BC, OP is not a Christian)

  1. #1

    What do we suppose to do in our life? (Moved from BC, OP is not a Christian)

    Just pray to GOD, after dead, we go to heaven. Why does GOD send us to earth in the first place? Does anyone have any suggestions on how we know our purpose of living in daily live? Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Last edited by Diggindeeper; Jan 2nd 2012 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London - UK
    Posts
    685

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Well, if we hadn't sinned in the first place then we would be with God walking with Him in the cool of the day.

    Because we sin, we cannot be in God's presence. Out time on earth is a chance to be brought back into a relationship with Him.
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?


    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

  3. #3

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    so what do we suppose to do to bring back into a relationship with Him?
    Some people said:
    Help people (because I need help, you can benefit me directly)
    to be a hard working labour (Boss loves it)
    Love people (to be love feels good)
    Donate money for charity (More money is always welcome)

    Other people suggest this idea with purpose, it sounds like if you buy my products, and I get benefit, then your sin will be removed, something like that, so how do we know what GOD ready want us to do from His viewpoint rather than other people's viewpoints?

    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London - UK
    Posts
    685

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Quote Originally Posted by oem7110 View Post
    so what do we suppose to do to bring back into a relationship with Him?

    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9)


    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned (Romans 5:12)

    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house (Acts 16:31)

    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (1 Corinthians 15:22)

    In short, we need to put our trust in the last, final sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

    Neither is there salvation in any other:for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12)


    Some people said:
    Help people (because I need help, you can benefit me directly)

    Do you mean, I scratch your back, you scratch mine kind of thing?
    We should love our neighbours as ourselves and not do things just to get something back


    to be a hard working labour (Boss loves it)

    For I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be a servent of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)

    Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart (Ephesians 6:6)

    Without the belief in Christ and trust in His death and resurrection our work is useless. Also God should come first rather then pleasing man. If you work hard when you are being looked at but not when not, God knows. I'm just using this as an example, I'm not saying that's what you do! Also James talks about having works but without faith and it being dead. James is an excellent letter. Very interesting talk about the tongue.


    Love people (to be love feels good)

    It does feel good to love most certainly. But, the only thing that counts is to FIRST love God. How could I not after all Jesus has done on the Cross?

    Donate money for charity (More money is always welcome)

    Other people suggest this idea with purpose, it sounds like if you buy my products, and I get benefit, then your sin will be removed, something like that, so how do we know what GOD ready want us to do from His viewpoint rather than other people's viewpoints?

    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
    Works alone cannot save us. Only by believing in Jesus and He Himself said we should love God first as the greatest commandment, but then love our neighbours as ourselves.
    If I do good, my motive should be, "will I be pleasing my saviour?", not...."Well if I do this then eventually I might get something back for ME.
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?


    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,269
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    I pray that this post doesn't sound too random.

    The Bible says in Micah 6:6-8 that God requires some things from us. What are those things?

    "With what shall I come before the LORD
    and bow down before the exalted God?
    Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
    with calves a year old?
    Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
    with ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
    Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
    He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God."

    Jesus Christ, when asked what was the greatest commandment, said that we were to "love the God with all our heart and soul and mind." and that the second greatest commandment was to "love our neighbors as ourselves".

    Why are we commanded to love God and to love others? You said that it was because love "feels good". That isn't it. Sometimes loves is very, very painful. Lovingly tending to a mother who doesn't know who you are because of Alzheimer's and who tries to bite you is painful. So why are we commanded to love?

    Because TRUE love - Godly love - is unselfish. It exalts God when we obey Him because we love Him. And it makes us humble and Christ-like when we place the needs of others before our own.

    There is no spiritual "to-do" list. No works-based life. We DO have work to do. The Bible says so in Ephesians 2:8-10. And we should be all about being obedient to God in our daily life.

    "For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is Godís giftó not from works, so that no one can boast. For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them."

    So God DOES have works for us to do - He prepared them in advance according to the above verse. Works NOT to save, but because we are His creation.

    What ARE those works? Well, you won't find them written in stone anywhere. They are personal to the believer.

    The way to find out is simple. Just remember three things.

    Read. Pray. Obey.

    It isn't about the "work". It's about the obedience. Don't try to make out a daily to-do list. Just read and pray. Confess your sins to God daily and specifically and pray that He will help you to love Him more.

    Read. Pray. Obey.
    ".....it's your nickel"

  6. #6

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    To express love using our brain is easy, just say it.
    To express love using our heart is difficult, don't know what to do, do I need to measure my heartbeat? hard to feel anything using my heart.

    I can say "I love GOD" using my brain every morning, just like saying good morning to everyone, that is easy.
    I don't even feel how much I love myself within my heart, how can I love my neighbours as myself? I cannot even see GOD existence, that is too difficult to imagine loving GOD, when I face difficulty in my life, I pray for GOD, and that is easy, because I expect to receive something from GOD, and get benefit.

    When you mention "will I be pleasing my saviour?", it sounds like barter from human's point of view, why does GOD create human to please Him anyway? it is not LOVE at all. If GOD loves us, I think He gets to make us know He love us instead of pleasing Him.
    Does it make sense? am I on the right track?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,302
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Quote Originally Posted by oem7110 View Post
    I can say "I love GOD" using my brain every morning, just like saying good morning to everyone, that is easy.
    I don't even feel how much I love myself within my heart, how can I love my neighbours as myself? I cannot even see GOD existence, that is too difficult to imagine loving GOD within my heart.

    To express love using our brain is easy, just say it.
    To express love using our heart is difficult, don't know what to do, do I need to measure my heartbeat? hard to feel anything using my heart.

    When you mention "will I be pleasing my saviour?", it sounds like barter from human's point of view, why does GOD create human to please Him anyway? it is not LOVE at all. If GOD loves us, I think He gets to make us know He love us instead of pleasing Him.
    Does it make sense? am I on the right track?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
    Who are we that we can question the motives of God? Who are we that we should judge Him and find Him in error?

    His ways and thoughts are far beyond what our feeble minds can understand.He loves us, in that while we were still sinners He died for us.He wants a relationship with us. If we are happy to please those we have earthly relationships with, why would we not want to do the same with God?

    blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

    The Lifehouse Skit

  8. #8

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Our soul are from GOD, we are part of Him, but now we are separated, it should be no difference on levels between our soul and GOD at the first place, but something goes wrong after Adam, and we separated from GOD now, therefore we need Jesus to connect us together.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on what we suppose to do in our life for this union?

    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,269
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Quote Originally Posted by oem7110 View Post
    When you mention "will I be pleasing my saviour?", it sounds like barter from human's point of view, why does GOD create human to please Him anyway? it is not LOVE at all. If GOD loves us, I think He gets to make us know He love us instead of pleasing Him.
    Does it make sense? am I on the right track?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
    Pleasing God isn't anything like a barter. When I was a child, I loved to please my parents and in fact, I still do, even though I am 50 and they are in their 70's. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't some perfect little goody-two-shoes. I got in regular trouble. LOL! But I still loved pleasing my parents. Why? Was I bartering with them? No. I loved pleasing them because I LOVED them.

    I am a school teacher. I have students who want to please me because they want to "barter" with me. They want a passing score without committing to any real work. They just want to skate by. Then there are those who want to please me because they love the class and they have respect for me and they want to increase their personal growth by learning more about life and about what I teach.

    Pleasing someone in authority over us - particularly God, Himself - is about loving Him deeply and craving a deeper fellowship with Him and desiring the genuine fruit of the Spirit, including peace and joy. It's not about bartering for what we want.

    I see in your profile that you are not a Christian. Do you have a Bible? If so, read in Colossians 1:9-14 about how we are to live a life pleasing to God. I added the bold print and the numbers. Paul is speaking to the church in Colossae.

    "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: [1] bearing fruit in every good work, [2] growing in the knowledge of God, [3] being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, [4] and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

    Finally, to become a Christian, is to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is LORD and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. That's salvation. So says Romans 10:9-11.

    "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, 'Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.'"


    A life lived pleasing to God BETWEEN the salvation experience and the moment of one's death is an on-going process called sanctification. We never stop growing in the LORD.
    ".....it's your nickel"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Qc
    Posts
    938

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    It takes faith to perceive that the Lord is indeed there, and just wanting for us to draw near...

    If we respond to him with FAITH, perceiving that he is there, he will give us a measure of his presence according to our faith... He will reveal himself to us in some way. But it must come from faith!

    May the Lord grant you to have this faith!

    Blessings!
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,


    Earnestly contending for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sanford NC
    Posts
    222

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    why are we here, what are we suppose to achieve here? that is a great question
    as i sat here to answer you my mind has ran a full spectrum of thoughts
    if not for the first sin we would all be in eden now some say, and this is our second chance, i say no
    God knew in the beginning the date of the end, then he knew what was to happen, to say otherwise in my opinion is to say that God made a mistake, God made even the angels in heaven, he knew that some of them would be jealous and revolt, he knew the heart of man as well, it is in us to sin, period. the thoughts, uncontrolable in our minds, untill with freewill we choose to love GOD, and we prove that love to God by teaching ourselves to control the thoughts in our mind.
    He so loves us he gave his own son as our sacrifice to him for our sins
    we I believe are here on earth, to have the time to prove to God that we have through freewill chosen to love him
    some lives are shorter than others, he wants to be sure it is not like a celebrity marriage lol. if you accept god and your life is great for 10 years, and then you have hardship and blame him, was your heart ever really his, no
    Does a good parent not weigh the responsibility of, and the deeds of a young adult before they let them take the car
    If they are found lacking in the things they were expected to do, is there that reward.
    It is very clear why we are here my friend, and it took me 1/2 a lifetime to figure it out.
    The bible is your handbook, every instruction on what is expected is in it. Your forgiveness for your stumblings while you study it is in it as well. There WILL be a TEST at the end, but i am sorry that end for me or you may be tommarrow, God only promised yesterday, only he knows about the rest of today. maybe we dont get back home tonight for a accident. those are the facts. You are here searching, I hope you find something that clicks in your mind, so you know it is the truth, and can ask for and recieve Gods love, because if you dont Love him, he dont even know you. I pray that you will fall to your knees, and ask for him to come into your life,in jesus name, so you can recieve the strength, and understanding to start your journey.

  12. #12

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    If someone thinks they are Christian, it is very easy to claim themselves to be Christian in their minds rather than in their hearts, just like I am saying "Good Morning Everyone".

    "We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord " from [jayne]

    If we believing GOD will save our soul, why don't we do it at the last minute before our physical body die? so we can save a lot of time on doing something else. Before the last minute I die, I would be truely believe anything that can save my soul or life without doubt, if my soul or life cannot be saved in this way, there must be something I need to be done in my life before I die.

    To live a life worthy of the Lord, how do we know what we suppose to do in our life rather than pleasing GOD?

    On the other hands, Jesus is the son of Lord - GOD, do we suppose to please GOD instead of Jesus? I don't understand why people interpret Jesus is Lord. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart ... "

    " can ask for and recieve Gods love, because if you dont Love him, he dont even know you. " from [itis lilly]
    You sound like GOD is a barter, and not love us at all, isn't it?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

    I see the word "OP is not a Christian", and move my topic into different sections.
    I never declare whether I am a Christian or not, who get a bias to define my identity?
    Discrimination is guilty, and I don't feel LOVE here.

    so what should we do to be a faithful Christian? rather than just claim himself a Christian in his mind, not in his heart, that is one example.

    This is the why I raise this question what we suppose to do in our life.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Qc
    Posts
    938

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Quote Originally Posted by oem7110 View Post
    If someone thinks they are Christian, it is very easy to claim themselves to be Christian in their minds rather than in their hearts, just like I am saying "Good Morning Everyone".

    "We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord " from [jayne]

    If we believing GOD will save our soul, why don't we do it at the last minute before our physical body die? so we can save a lot of time on doing something else. Before the last minute I die, I would be truely believe anything that can save my soul or life without doubt, if my soul or life cannot be saved in this way, there must be something I need to be done in my life before I die.

    To live a life worthy of the Lord, how do we know what we suppose to do in our life rather than pleasing GOD?

    On the other hands, Jesus is the son of Lord - GOD, do we suppose to please GOD instead of Jesus? I don't understand why people interpret Jesus is Lord. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart ... "

    " can ask for and recieve Gods love, because if you dont Love him, he dont even know you. " from [itis lilly]
    You sound like GOD is a barter, and not love us at all, isn't it?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
    You are right. God is NOT looking for a lip service before we die. Esau tried that and it didn't work.

    If you want to 'live a life worthy of the Lord', you have to offer up your life to him by faith. But once again, it will take faith... You have to trust that he will lead and will shape you to be what he wants, if you faithfully and daily presence yourself before him as a sacrifice for his use.

    By faith, go pray to the Lord and offer up your life, and if he accepts your sacrifice, instantly something will happen... Like the fire that consumed Abel's sacrifice! You must do it with faith!

    May God grant you this, if you truly desire it.
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,


    Earnestly contending for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,302
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    Quote Originally Posted by oem7110 View Post
    If someone thinks they are Christian, it is very easy to claim themselves to be Christian in their minds rather than in their hearts, just like I am saying "Good Morning Everyone"
    Yes, it is a common mistake many Christians make. You can believe all you want in your head, but until the truth reaches your heart, you are not a Christian.

    If we believing GOD will save our life, why don't we do it at the last minute before we die? so we can save a lot of time on doing something else.
    Before the last minute I die, I would be truely believe anything that can save my life without doubt, if my life cannot be saved in this way, there must be something I need to do in my life before I die.
    Another misconception, acknowledging that Jesus is Lord is not about life insurance.If that's what you or anyone else is thinking, then you've missed the point. A life lived with Jesus, is a better life. I tried it the other way, I needed things to go my way, I needed belongings and stuff to be happy. It was a happiness that was dependant on my external environment. Now I have joy, that this world can't take away. When we become Christians, we are reconnected to the source of peace, joy and love. That affects everything we do and improves our relationships. I am sure that there are many who realise the truth on their bed, just as the thief did on the cross, but it is a very dangerous things to do. Today, if you hear His call, don't harden your heart.

    To live a life worthy of the Lord, how do we know what we suppose to do in our life rather than pleasing GOD?
    Love God with all your heart, and soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. It's that easy.

    You sound like GOD is a barter, and not love us at all, isn't it?
    God is love, we don't base our opinion of God on what we think love is. We base our opinion of love by who God is.


    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Seek God while He can still be found. The people perish through lack of knowledge, you can ask us all a million questions, but only God can reveal the truth.

    blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

    The Lifehouse Skit

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sanford NC
    Posts
    222

    Re: What do we suppose to do in our life?

    YES oem, IF you want to look at it that way go ahead,
    for IN my heart I know a few facts, that I believe to be true
    #1 If you dont love him, he dont know you.
    Call it barter if you like, love him and have a understanding life here, and a everlasting life in heaven. call it what you want if you dont do it you wont get it. so yes by all rules human, it is a deal, a trade, a barter. YOU will not see the kingdom of heaven in my opinion without LOVING GOD ABOVE ALL OTHERS period. IS that not such a sweet deal that you want it right now?

    at what date and time are you going to die? To refuse to love god untill that time is trickery, and do you not think in the last moments before you die, he will not see this.

    #2 TRUE repentance is never too late, but repentance deffered to the last hour is seldom real and true.
    a persons life is the best witness to thier spirituality, and YOU like I will be judged, if you know the truth, yet you are too lazy, or inconvienienced to carry it, wanting to make a last minute plea, Good luck

    my question to you is ( and i do not need a answer , but only to yourself)
    Are you willing to make that Gamble, I was, for many many years, I knew the truth and refused it.
    TO take the barter if you so like, is the best deal on earth.

    #3 there is a constilation prize I am sure you have heard of. it is eternall as well, and you dont have to do nothing to get it.
    for all of those that want to give nothing for something, it will be there waiting

    I think you will have a hard time finding a christian to not agree on these 3 things, I may be wrong but dont see how

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 10th 2012, 12:01 AM
  2. How are we suppose to pray?
    By MrsBerry in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 25th 2011, 06:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •