cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

“SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

We can never use our condition, regardless of how good and pure it may seem to us at times, as a reference for God to determine our position in Him. We must use what He uses to determine our status with Him and that is His Son, our Lord (Col 3:3).

It has been well said that “when we are disappointed, we have trusted in ourselves and not God, for God never disappoints.” The same occurs when we base our position in what we do or do not do, instead of remembering Jesus’s propitiation for us (1Jhn 2:2). Only what saves us can keep us saved, so since we didn’t save ourselves, we cannot keep ourselves saved. “Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Gal 3:3).”

As the Father is training us to grow in our Lord’s image, we experience at times, seemingly interrupted fellowship with Him. I believe our unity with Him in fellowship is unbreakable as our salvation (1Jhn 1:3; Rom 8:35, 39, 39; Jhn 10:29), so these seemingly times of interruption with God are our own concept when we allow for a guilty conscience, regardless the reason. When we do wrong, we should realize it is part of our learning so mistakenly we falsely accuse ourselves, because God never accuses us but chastises us (Hbr 12:6). Remember, there is only one “accuser of the brethren” (Rev 12:10).

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience. . .” (Hbr 10:22).

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the (sprinkling of) blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience. . .” (Hbr 9:13, 14: italics mine).

“But ye are come unto. . . Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of (His) sprinkling. . .” (Hbr 12:24: italics mine)

Remember, regardless of how much we are accused of guilt, even from within our old nature, it’s always a false accusation because since God doesn’t accuse us, we’re always guilt-free! “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1Jo 3:20).

Hid With Christ<>< (Col 3:3)

Re: “SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

I agree with you, Netchaplain.

Our Creator has set a table for whosoever will.
    So, drop everything and come and get ye some !
    Are we as an individual, have we grown into "Christ-likeness" grown to a marked observable point of increase more so than we as an individual were last week or season ?
    Also, who's definition of "Christ-likeness" are we using to make this personal observation, are we using traditions and doctrines of men's for the definition of "Christ-likeness" or are we using our Holy and perfect Creator's definition of "Christ-likeness" ?
    These are questions I ask myself to avoid guilt and titles from our accuser and his children.

The Helm of Salvation !

Father bless and have mercy on us.

Blog Entries

This is the good news!

I was surprised by the fact that sin offerings (as per the "extended" law ), never cleansed one from this guilt feeling(s). How sad that one could offer the appropriate sacrifice and still be left with a heavy burden guilt!

Reading my Amplified, I found the following:
    Heb_9:22 Amplified includes release from guilt - This was a bit puzzling as I just read Heb 9:9 ! (in Amplified stating that; sacrifices are unable in perfecting the conscience and renewing the inner man.)So I looked at a few other translations and found that the Amplified was most likely ambitious with this .

Anyhow, it is sooo good to know that our Daddy has no record of our sins! His opinion of us is most certainly what counts.
    Not our love of/for God... but His love for us !

Regards.

I am new to this forum and been involved in some discussion where some think we can lose our salvation, another where "propitiation" is accused of being a mistranslation and misunderstood, and another stating that man does not have a free will to accept Christ or not. I have felt alone. Thanks for all the previous post in this thread!

I thank God that He saved me, that He keeps me saved, and that He doesn't beat me up when I fail. Thank you for sprinkling my heart! Amen!!!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and replys to this thread, it's very encouraging to know others find these spiritual growth teachings of Miles Stanford useful. He has a lot of materials I've been studing for about ten years now and I'm still always just learning what's available in the Word through them.

God Be Blessed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Netchaplain View Post
    We can never use our condition, regardless of how good and pure it may seem to us at times, as a reference for God to determine our position in Him. We must use what He uses to determine our status with Him and that is His Son, our Lord (Col 3:3).

It has been well said that “when we are disappointed, we have trusted in ourselves and not God, for God never disappoints.” The same occurs when we base our position in what we do or do not do, instead of remembering Jesus’s propitiation for us (1Jhn 2:2). Only what saves us can keep us saved, so since we didn’t save ourselves, we cannot keep ourselves saved. “Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Gal 3:3).”

As the Father is training us to grow in our Lord’s image, we experience at times, seemingly interrupted fellowship with Him. I believe our unity with Him in fellowship is unbreakable as our salvation (1Jhn 1:3; Rom 8:35, 39, 39; Jhn 10:29), so these seemingly times of interruption with God are our own concept when we allow for a guilty conscience, regardless the reason. When we do wrong, we should realize it is part of our learning so mistakenly we falsely accuse ourselves, because God never accuses us but chastises us (Hbr 12:6). Remember, there is only one “accuser of the brethren” (Rev 12:10).

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience. . .” (Hbr 10:22).

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the (sprinkling of) blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience. . .” (Hbr 9:13, 14: italics mine).

“But ye are come unto. . . Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of (His) sprinkling. . .” (Hbr 12:24: italics mine)

Remember, regardless of how much we are accused of guilt, even from within our old nature, it’s always a false accusation because since God doesn’t accuse us, we’re always guilt-free! “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1Jo 3:20).

Hid With Christ<>< (Col 3:3)

My friend,

What you've proposed here is actually against the teachings of Scripture. These passages have been taken out of context, they don't teach that a person does not nothing to remain saved. On the contrary, Jesus said, unless the branch abides in the vine it is cast off and gathered to be burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch5 View Post
    My friend,

What you've proposed here is actually against the teachings of Scripture. These passages have been taken out of context, they don't teach that a person does not nothing to remain saved. On the contrary, Jesus said, unless the branch abides in the vine it is cast off and gathered to be burned.
    So you want to come here also and misinterpret John 15? I think you need a true heart in full assurance of faith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoB/335 View Post
    So you want to come here also and misinterpret John 15? I think you need a true heart in full assurance of faith.
    I'm not misrepresenting anything Bob, it's the verses in the op that are out of context. God's word must be understood in it's entirety not as individual verses. You guys could easily put this issue to rest, simply show a single passage of Scripture that says a Christian cannot be lost. It's really that simple.

I believe the following concerning John 15:

Christ does not say, "if ye abide not in me"; he would not suppose this of his true disciples; Judas now being removed, to whom he may have some respect in this verse; though it may be applied to anyone who has made a profession of Christ, and denies the truths of the Gospel, neglects the ordinances of it, or walks unworthy of his profession.

There are two sorts of branches in Christ the vine; the one sort are such who have only an historical faith in him, believe but for a time, and are removed; they are such who only profess to believe in him; are in him by profession only; they submit to outward ordinances, become church members, and so are reckoned to be in Christ, being in a church state, as the churches of Judea and Thessalonica, and others, are said, in general, to he in Christ; though it is not to be thought that every individual person in these churches were truly and savingly in him. These branches are unfruitful ones; what fruit they seemed to have, withers away, and proves not to be genuine fruit; what fruit they bring forth is to themselves, and not to the glory of God, being none of the fruits of his Spirit and grace. -Gill

Not to join anyone in accusations about beliefs because we shouldn't share in that way but it's difficult to explain also what scripture would indicate a true believer loosing salvation. There's definately none indicating being saved, lost, then saved again. So I believe it's either or. Not saved then unsaved but never was saved.

Not to join anyone in accusations about beliefs because we shouldn't share in that way but it's difficult to explain also what scripture would indicate a true believer loosing salvation. There's definately none indicating being saved, lost, then saved again. So I believe it's either or. Not saved then unsaved but never was saved.
    I take it you have NOT been reading through some of these other threads. There are verses that "sound like" one can lose their salvation. And there are many verses that are quite clear that you are sealed, guaranteed, kept by the power of God unto salvation. Either these are contradictions or these need to be interpreted within each of their own immediate context. Then anything that is not quite clear needs to be interpreted by the clear meaning of the clear Scripture allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture.

So since we are in Hebrews..........

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

He is able to save me COMPLETELY. Why? Because He always lives to intercede for ME. He sacrificed Himself for ME and then sat down at the right hand of Majesty on Highforever interceding for ME.

Now to those who don't want to believe that for "themselves", that's just fine with me because what you believe for yourself doesn't matter to me. Just stop deceiving others into believing this............

Blog Entries

You're correct that it's not saved, unsaved, then saved again. Scripture is clear. if one turns from the faith there is no returning. It's a one time offer. However regarding which Scripture speaks of losing salvation, it's a matter of which one, there is a multitude.

Blog Entries

I believe the following concerning John 15:

Christ does not say, "if ye abide not in me"; he would not suppose this of his true disciples; Judas now being removed, to whom he may have some respect in this verse; though it may be applied to anyone who has made a profession of Christ, and denies the truths of the Gospel, neglects the ordinances of it, or walks unworthy of his profession.

There are two sorts of branches in Christ the vine; the one sort are such who have only an historical faith in him, believe but for a time, and are removed; they are such who only profess to believe in him; are in him by profession only; they submit to outward ordinances, become church members, and so are reckoned to be in Christ, being in a church state, as the churches of Judea and Thessalonica, and others, are said, in general, to he in Christ; though it is not to be thought that every individual person in these churches were truly and savingly in him. These branches are unfruitful ones; what fruit they seemed to have, withers away, and proves not to be genuine fruit; what fruit they bring forth is to themselves, and not to the glory of God, being none of the fruits of his Spirit and grace. -Gill
    It seems no one told John Gill that Jesus didn't say there were two different kinds of branches on His vine. We can see right off the bat the Mr. Gills exposition is in opposition to the words of Jesus. Mr. Gill says, "These branches are unfruitful ones; what fruit they seemed to have, withers away, and proves not to be genuine fruit;" According to Mr.Gill the unfruitful branches bear fruit that withers, yet this is not what Jesus said. Jesus said,

John 15:2(KJV)
    2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Jesus said "EVERY" branch that bears fruit the Father purges so that it can bring forth more fruit. That's "EVERY" branch, where are these branches that bear fruit that withers. According to Mr. Gill we have branches that have been purged by the Father that are not real branches, because we can see that not everyone who claims to be "In Christ" bears fruit to the end. According to Mr. Gill these are not really "In Christ" because they did not bear fruit until the end, yet we have the Father purging them. So, the Father purges unbelievers as thought they were "In Christ"?

This is typical Reformation theology, these guys took Augustine's ideas and tried to force the Scriptures fit them. I'm sorry guy, Calvin was wrong, as was Luther, as was Augustine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoB/335 View Post
    I take it you have NOT been reading through some of these other threads. There are verses that "sound like" one can lose their salvation. And there are many verses that are quite clear that you are sealed, guaranteed, kept by the power of God unto salvation. Either these are contradictions or these need to be interpreted within each of their own immediate context. Then anything that is not quite clear needs to be interpreted by the clear meaning of the clear Scripture allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture.

So since we are in Hebrews..........

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

He is able to save me COMPLETELY. Why? Because He always lives to intercede for ME. He sacrificed Himself for ME and then sat down at the right hand of Majesty on Highforever interceding for ME.

Now to those who don't want to believe that for "themselves", that's just fine with me because what you believe for yourself doesn't matter to me. Just stop deceiving others into believing this............
    Bob,

We just need to deal with the real issue. No Christian I know doubts God's ability to save. The issue is, can a man choose to turn away from God? The Scriptures are quite clear on that.

The title of this thread interests me. So many Christians, though they have foresaken sin and repented (often many times) still struggle with guilt and regret over past sins, so do you think it's actually possible to reach a place in your relationship with Christ where you no longer have an evil (guilty) conscience? Or perhaps an evil conscience is something other than a guilty conscience. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thread Information