cure-real
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Need Your Advice

Re: Need Your Advice

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Look at what John is saying in context.

"[4] I was very glad to find some of your children walking in the truth, in keeping with a command we have received from the Father. [5] So now I urge you, dear lady—not as if I were writing you a new command, but one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another. [6] And this is love: that we walk according to His commands. This is the command as you have heard it from the beginning: you must walk in love.

[7] Many deceivers have gone out into the world; they do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. [8] Watch yourselves so you don’t lose what we have worked for, but that you may receive a full reward. [9] Anyone who does not remain in Christ’s teaching but goes beyond it, does not have God. The one who remains in that teaching, this one has both the Father and the Son. [10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your home, and don’t say, “Welcome,” to him; [11] for the one who says, “Welcome,” to him shares in his evil works."

He is talking about deceivers - false teachers. People who teach and preach things that go against what Christ said or beyond what Christ said and claim it to be the truth. He calls these people "antichrist" - which means people who teach a lie about Christ and substitute something else in His place and yet who claim to speak the truth.

He says to avoid these people at all costs. He isn't talking about friends and family who don't see the world the same as you. He is talking about people - and I suppose it could be friend or family - who are intentionally trying to seduce you into a lie about who Christ is.

Some Christians preach to me that Jesus is God, some Christians preach to me that Jesus is the Son of God. Which one is trying to seduce me into a lie about who Christ?

Some Christians preach to me that Jesus is God, some Christians preach to me that Jesus is the Son of God. Which one is trying to seduce me into a lie about who Christ?
    Both are true, just as Jesus the Christ is both God and man. Somethings you have to accept by faith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingTheAbsolute View Post
    Neither. Jesus said that He and His Father were one. He said that if we had seen Him that we had seen the Father.
    ".....it's your nickel"

pushed out by those who say they're my brother

Hello Christians,

I am not a christian, so being that you all are Christians and your expertise is the Holy Bible and Christianity, I would like your knowledgeable guidance on some things I have been thinking about since I have started reading the Holy Bible.

I read in the new testament where Jesus said for me to love my enemies. What I want to know is, do I have to love God's enemies?

I am stupid compared to the wise. So as that I will not be confused by my own stupidity when you give me your answer. I have taken the liberty to simplify it for my own benefit.

Please pick 1.

A. Yes, I have to love the enemies of God.

B. No, I do not have to love the enemies of God.

May the Lord bless you for your kindness to me with the right answer.

Thank you very much
    Christians.
    Yes. Christ died for all who were enemies of God. That's LOVE. As followers of Christ, we should love enemies of God.

edit to add: After reading a few posts, I see some clarification is in order. Mt. 5:43-44 Jesus tells us, "You have heard it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." This reveals to us who Jesus considers the "enemies" of God that we need to love. It is those who are our neighbors who are also creatures that could have God's sun to rise on them and God's rain to pour on them. That means that the "enemies" of God we are to love are actual human beings.

I don't know that either is trying to seduce you into a lie about who Christ is. You can certainly find Scripture which says Jesus is the son of God. The belief that "Jesus is God" is not in Scripture specifically but can be derived from Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingUp View Post
    is not in Scripture specifically but can be derived from Scripture.
    What is the difference from that which is not in Scripture specifically but can be derived from Scripture. And that which is in Scripture specifically but cannot be derived from Scripture.

For example, what is the difference between the Son of God and God? God cannot be the Son of God can He?

What is the difference from that which is not in Scripture specifically but can be derived from Scripture. And that which is in Scripture specifically but cannot be derived from Scripture.

For example, what is the difference between the Son of God and God? God cannot be the Son of God can He?
    Scripture specifically states that Jesus is the son of God. Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the son of the living God” (Mt. 16:16). The closest we have, which is sufficient for many, to Scripture specifically stating that Jesus is God is when Thomas beholds Jesus and exclaims, “My Lord and My God” (John 20:28). Those who adhere to the belief that “Jesus is God” do so because of this verse and others, such those found in the book of John, the first chapter. Here the Apostle John states that the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh. Many conclude that “Jesus is God” since John states that the Word was God and we know the flesh the Word became is Jesus.

Scripture specifically states that Jesus is the son of God. Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the son of the living God” (Mt. 16:16). The closest we have, which is sufficient for many, to Scripture specifically stating that Jesus is God is when Thomas beholds Jesus and exclaims, “My Lord and My God” (John 20:28). Those who adhere to the belief that “Jesus is God” do so because of this verse and others, such those found in the book of John, the first chapter. Here the Apostle John states that the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh. Many conclude that “Jesus is God” since John states that the Word was God and we know the flesh the Word became is Jesus.
    I am still on the first commandment.

Love thy Lord with all thy heart, with all thy mind, with all thy soul, and with all thy strength.

I feel that if I can master this, the rest will fall right in order.

I am still on the first commandment.

Love thy Lord with all thy heart, with all thy mind, with all thy soul, and with all thy strength.

I feel that if I can master this, the rest will fall right in order.
    Okay. :-) No reason not to attempt to "master" them. Just don't fall into the the trap that you will find rest when you master them. As you set out to master them, find your rest and peace in The Master.

Okay. :-) No reason not to attempt to "master" them. Just don't fall into the the trap that you will find rest when you master them. As you set out to master them, find your rest and peace in The Master.
    How do you know there is a trap there?

Blog Entries

Hello Christians,

I am not a christian, so being that you all are Christians and your expertise is the Holy Bible and Christianity, I would like your knowledgeable guidance on some things I have been thinking about since I have started reading the Holy Bible.

I read in the new testament where Jesus said for me to love my enemies. What I want to know is, do I have to love God's enemies?

I am stupid compared to the wise. So as that I will not be confused by my own stupidity when you give me your answer. I have taken the liberty to simplify it for my own benefit.

Please pick 1.

A. Yes, I have to love the enemies of God.

B. No, I do not have to love the enemies of God.

May the Lord bless you for your kindness to me with the right answer.

Thank you very much
    Christians.
    We are required to love our enemies. However,the limitation to "enemies" is guided by the context. We love all human enemies so as to demonstrate God's love for them,for even when I was his enemy,He loved me and moreover,he loves them as well. If by "enemies" you mean Satan and his legions" then no,I am not required to love them. Satan and his legions are not included in the context of the Lord's command to love my enemies.

Peace

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    We are required to love our enemies. However,the limitation to "enemies" is guided by the context. We love all human enemies so as to demonstrate God's love for them,for even when I was his enemy,He loved me and moreover,he loves them as well. If by "enemies" you mean Satan and his legions" then no,I am not required to love them. Satan and his legions are not included in the context of the Lord's command to love my enemies.
    Does God love His enemies? I do not think He does. Are God's enemies, your enemies?

How do you know there is a trap there?
    Because Scripture tells us so.

Does God love His enemies? I do not think He does. Are God's enemies, your enemies?
    Well, while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His son. If that's how God hates His enemies, I wonder what His love is like?

Because Scripture tells us so.
    Jeremiah, Chapter 5, 26: For among my people are found wicked men: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.

I am on the constant lookout for them.

Thread Information