cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 & 8 According To Israel?

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

7 & 8 According To Israel?

So I've always believed that #7 meant perfection in the scriptures and the #8 meant new. Yet according to a Facebook page United With Israel, 7 means "natural" and 8 means "supernatural". So which is it? Do we go with the understanding that we have? Or the understanding that presumably is an.ancient understanding handed down from generation to generation? If their understanding is correct then that sheds a whole new light on the 7 seals. The 7th seal is presently understood as completion or perfection but if it's meaning is natural...then that would mean Judgement on the physical/natural world. Which in no wise contradicts what happens in the 7th seal. Indeed I find it interesting that it confirms it.

Really, I just thought this new information was just too interesting not to share.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Re: 7 & 8 According To Israel?

Are you talking about a specific number 7 and 8 or just in general?

Test the times where the numbers are used symbolically:

From the Revelation:
    Seven churches, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven vials. The seven churches represent the whole Church... i.e. the complete Church. The seals, the trumpets, the vials... the completion of God's judgment.

The number eight:
    Eight survivors on the ark; starters of the new world. Circumcised on the eight day; new life in the Covenant. Jesus raised to life on the eighth day; the beginning of the new creation.

Blog Entries

oh just in general. And since I have studied Revelation so much, my first thought went straight to the 7th seal, where the first thing that happens is 1/3 of the earth is burned up. "natural" nature. Just thought it was an interesting thing to consider and wanted to share it, that's all.

*I have got to be more careful, still getting used to the new set up I seem to have here and hitting the wrong buttons.*
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post

From the Revelation:
    Seven churches, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven vials. The seven churches represent the whole Church... i.e. the complete Church. The seals, the trumpets, the vials... the completion of God's judgment.

The number eight:
    Eight survivors on the ark; starters of the new world. Circumcised on the eight day; new life in the Covenant. Jesus raised to life on the eighth day; the beginning of the new creation.

Thank you for that Mark. That does help.

Jesus raised to life on the eighth day

What? After three days he was raised to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    So I've always believed that #7 meant perfection in the scriptures and the #8 meant new. Yet according to a Facebook page United With Israel, 7 means "natural" and 8 means "supernatural". So which is it? Do we go with the understanding that we have? Or the understanding that presumably is an.ancient understanding handed down from generation to generation? If their understanding is correct then that sheds a whole new light on the 7 seals. The 7th seal is presently understood as completion or perfection but if it's meaning is natural...then that would mean Judgement on the physical/natural world. Which in no wise contradicts what happens in the 7th seal. Indeed I find it interesting that it confirms it.

Really, I just thought this new information was just too interesting not to share.
    Numbers rarely have any specific meaning. Don't rely on them for much.

From the Revelation:
    Don't forget the beast with 7 heads, which are seven mountains the whore Babylon sits upon. And then the 7 evil kings throughout time Rev 17:10, 7 thousand men who die in that earthquake, 7 evil spirits in Luke 11:26, the 7 devils that were in Mary Magdalene, yada yada yada lol

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938
    What? After three days he was raised to life.
    Right. I was referring to the day of the week. Not the number of days after he had died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_eighth_day_(Christian) - 'Sunday was also known in patristic writings as the eighth day, according to the old "Nundinal Cycle".' Additional references throughout the page summarize the thought. Historically, the concept of Jesus being raised on the 'eighth day' of the week has been around since as early as the second century AD, possibly the first (depending on what Barnabas was written).

Blog Entries

Right. I was referring to the day of the week. Not the number of days after he had died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_eighth_day_(Christian) - 'Sunday was also known in patristic writings as the eighth day, according to the old "Nundinal Cycle".' Additional references throughout the page summarize the thought. Historically, the concept of Jesus being raised on the 'eighth day' of the week has been around since as early as the second century AD, possibly the first (depending on what Barnabas was written).
    You kinda threw me for a loop too....I was thinking "eighth" day......lol

Oh...I guess I wouldn't call it the eighth day but the 1st day since there are only seven

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Numbers rarely have any specific meaning. Don't rely on them for much.
    ... Like the number 6 when it applies to the number of days it took to create the heavens, earth and all that is within them?

Exodus 20:11
    New American Standard Bible
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus 31:17
    New King James Version
    It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.
    Why do you come out with these dogmatic hermeneutic principles which contradict the plain read? I think the number 6 is highly significant, as is 7 and 3 and maybe several others. But here, the number 6 means everything, because it confirms Ge 1 is referring to 6 literal days. Note that a plain read is not necessarily a literal read, but it is the plain meaning of the text as the text seeks to communicate.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get on your case, but I am having a tough time seeing why you push the text so hard all the time. Are you skeptical ofthe Bible? Is it all myth and allegory? What is your position?
    Love first, ... answer questions ... later ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelog View Post
    ... Like the number 6 when it applies to the number of days it took to create the heavens, earth and all that is within them?
    Exactly. 6 supposedly means evil and the wickedness of mankind, satan but clearly it doesn't there.

Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
    Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
    Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

Yet here we have beasts which has 6 wings. I can't see how the typical meanings for the number 6 could be applied here. They are not men, they are not evil, they serve the Lord God Almighty not satan...God made them with 6 wings but I see nothing symbolic about them having 6 wings.

Isa 6:2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
    Isa 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Why do you come out with these dogmatic hermeneutic principles which contradict the plain read? I think the number 6 is highly significant, as is 7 and 3 and maybe several others.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I oppose "dogmatic hermeneutic principles which contradict the plain read". I don't see numbers being highly significant. Sometimes they seem to have the same type of meaning but other times those meanings are contradicted as you yourself just showed.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get on your case, but I am having a tough time seeing why you push the text so hard all the time. Are you skeptical of the Bible? Is it all myth and allegory? What is your position?
    Not at all. I have no idea where you got any of those notions. I don't give the text a hard time but ridiculous interpretations of the text or any supposed notions that numbers have such a grand symbolic meaning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Exactly. 6 supposedly means evil and the wickedness of mankind, satan but clearly it doesn't there.

I've never heard the number 6 means evil....the number 666 however, is the number of the beast and he is evil. What I understand about the number 6, is that it represents man. Short and simple. Although, I think it could represent man and beast, since both were created on the 6th day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    I've never heard the number 6 means evil....the number 666 however, is the number of the beast and he is evil. What I understand about the number 6, is that it represents man. Short and simple. Although, I think it could represent man and beast, since both were created on the 6th day.

Some animals were created on the 5th day so that doesn't really work out. People attribute evil things and man and who knows what else to the number 6...but the bible doesn't. Sure in Gen 1 man is created on the 6th day...I don't find that such a big deal in relation to the number 6. The more one investigates all this numerology the more you will find that it's almost meaningless.
    Last edited by Saved7; Jan 16th 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Sorry ewq, I accidently edited.

Thread Information